“It is a good choice!”

Ranked #81 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Bucharest, Romania
“It is a good choice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

It is located at 10`walking distance to the Pearl River and Haizhu Square underground station.
Recommended to those who travel by bus to Hong Kong. Near Haizhu Square, in front of the Landmark hotel, is the bus station with connections to Hong Kong (tickets provided by CTS purchased in advance and you can ask them to deliver the tickets to the hotel).

Our room was spacious, with window, comfortable bed and clean bed linen, Wifi free was OK, heating in the room by A/C, safe free, complimentary water daily.

The cleanliness of the room is not perfect if you are looking at the details. Our room was noisy, perhaps all of rooms have windows to the street, but this is Guangzhou!

Breakfast is poor. Receptionists are not friendly, but don`t expect smiley faces in China. You have to pay deposit cash/credit card at check-in.

Underground network is perfect, very simple to visit the town or to get to the airport!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my family. The location was great, within walkable distance to Beijing Street. The other walking street Shangxiajiulu is also within 10 RMB cab distance.

I asked for a non smoking room but the room reeked of smoke upon entry. Eventually asked for a change of room. The reception was accommodating and even brought us to another room for us to inspect. We like the other room. Nice scenery.

Cosy hotel to stay for its price. Good bargain for travelers who love to shop.

Room Tip: Worth it to get rooms with Windows
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thinksg
zhanjiang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

not the first time I stayed here ... booked a room with "no window" on hotels.com and got what I asked for .... never do that again.........who the hell want to be in a "cell" (5mX6m) with no view to the outside world.
Last time I booked the same but it did have a window ........ the silly hotels.com thing says I am registered and need do nothing, all is confirmed and paid for.......... get there and they want 300RMB for a security thing, claiming they do not have my credit card info .... ok..gave them 300RMB cash ..now I have to stop to get my cash on the way out......... holy cow, what a nightmare trying to get money back from them..... I like to just leave...key in the room, if I bought something, just put it on my room/card .....I was 20-25minutes checking out, getting my 270RMB ... I did use 30RMB on breakfast .. bought at checkin, not a surprise for them. reasonable English speaking staff ... breakfast was above average for Chinese/Western buffet thing.... still just OK, you understand ........ handy to Guangdong/Guangzhou exit/entry bureau .... actually it is next door...the best thing about the hotel ..handy ... room was clean....I will never again book a room with no window... hard to believe that they even have them.

Room Tip: they do have rooms that are more like "cells" ..... careful what you ask for
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stay in deluxe room 24-30Nov. Deposit is RMB300 thou room is fully paid online.

Waited abt 30min to queue for metered cab outside airport (pretty chill abt 17degrees) when we arrived airport abt 1am n paid rmb129 including toll fr airport to Hotel.

The room has 2 twin beds looks like/larger than super single but smaller than queen size. Bed is ok as we are small Asian size but for bigger size may find bed hard/insufficient support. Can hear some noises fr walk way n traffic downstairs at night even I took 12th floor not facing traffic. Only non smoking floor is 9th floor.

There's more than enough space in room for our 28" n 25" luggages. Shower room is of reasonable size with necessary toiletries . Free 2 bottles mineral water daily (only 1 day I'm given 3 bottles thou I paid for 6N of extra single bed).

Location wise is convenient for us as we walk abt 5-7min to One link plaza, Yide Lu and 12min to Beijing road and 20min to shangxiajiu street. But if u prefer to shop at Tianhe area, maybe u shd stay near that area.

Catching cab outside hotel is not easy, can ask hotel in advance to arrange for metered cab if need to go airport. Not much service n we waited 10min for bellboy (at toilet) at reception that we decided to take the luggage to cab ourself (Ci Ci is nice n feels apologetic abt it).

Walk to Haizhu Sq metro abt 10min and metro is quite clean n convenient. I paid RMB6/pax /trip to go Chimelong hanxi station think ard 30min but beware peak period can be crowded. The chimelong safari zoo n circus highly recommended thou quite expensive at total RMB440/adult n RMB375/child.

If they maintain the hotel well (signs of slight wear n tear in toilet), I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have been staying in this hotel 3 times. The room is clean. Customer service is efficient but unfriendly, no smile which is common in Guangzhou. Breakfast is boring and have no variety at all. Tips for food..Restaurant next to the hotel serve a good Chinese food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed in a standard room with twin beds on the 11th floor and it was great! The beds are comfy, the room is clean and well-sized. Spacious enough for mine and my friend's big suitcases and tons of shopping purchase. Loved the bathroom too!

The hotel reception staff were helpful, especially one lady whose name I did not catch. The house-keeping staff was friendly and honest. One day, we left RMB$5 on the desk (as a tip for her) and it was still there when we went back to our room later in the day. So, we doubled the amount for her when we checked out of the room.

The hotel is right opposite the wholesale shoes market. Bring a larger suitcase and more money if you are a shoes kind of women. And if possible, bring friends along with you as you get a better price if you buy 5 or more pairs at the same shop. Some shops do not sell if you only want to get 1 pair.

The hotel is situated between 2 quite popular shopping districts, Beijing Road and Shangxia Jiu Street. There is no need to get a cab unless you don't like to walk. For me, I prefer walking as it's faster than waiting for a cab and I get to see the area along the way. Beijing Road is somewhat nearer, takes around 15mins of walking. Shangxia Jiu Street is a bit further, takes around 20mins of walking.

Attempting to take the cab outside the hotel is a pain, especially during rush hours (around 5pm to 7pm). There will be people coming out of nowhere and jumping into the cab that stopped right in front of you!

As for the breakfast, it's repeatedly the same everyday. Toast (that you put in the toaster yourself), bread rolls, plain porridge, dumplings, sausages, steamed corns, hard-boiled eggs, steamed broccoli, watermelon and condiments. But then again, it's a 3-star hotel, you can't really pay that amount and expect to have international buffet every morning.

Overall, I would definitely choose to stay there again next time I go to Guangzhou.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mercredi_jia
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is near the wholesale shops of guangzhou. If your purpose is work then you are in the right place. Even if you are just here for tourism, the hotel is good enough because the MTR is near. Although this area doesn't really have places for sightseeing. Going around the wholesale area is pretty much interesting, you will find so much stuffs.

The room I got is a corner one so it's bigger. They gave me the room because I was alone, my friends who were couples had room with see through bathrooms. The breakfast is decent and surprisingly better than a lot of Chinese 3 or 4 star hotels.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business