“Top hotel in Guangzhou”

Ranked #2 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Annecy, France
“Top hotel in Guangzhou”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Mandarin Oriental Guangzhou is well located for doing business in Guangzhou. The exquisite design is done by the famous designer Tony Chi with spacious rooms elegantly decorated with a Chinese touch.The main dining room feature an outstanding open kitchen and elegant food displays as well as a wine bar. The fitness club is well equipped with the latest Technogym equipment. I recommend to stay at the Oriental club floor with an excellent club floor lounge. The staff is well trained and the service is great.
The only problem iI encounter was the poor International internet connection with Yahoo and Google. I hope they can solve this problem immediately.

Room Tip: Oriental Club Floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Mandarin Oriental during your visit to Guangzhou and for sharing such a generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, including the location of the hotel, the restaurant, the Fitness Center as well as our legendary service. Please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

In additon, your comment regarding the internet access is well taken indeed. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. You may wish to know that on 21 Jan., 2014, all users of our internet provider suffered due to the malfunction of a DNS server (Domain Name System) and some international websites have been, unfortunately affected. Please be assured that we will aspire to take necessary precautionary measures in the future to prevent the occurrence of similar incidents.

Once again, thank you for your review and endorsement. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

With warm regards,

Clemens Hoerth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lommel, Belgium
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I had to opportunity to stay one night in this exclusive hotel.....
IT WAS WONDERFULL
I knew the price was rather high according chinee standards but all the people know how to welcome the guests. Luxury rooms, super service, warm welcome, English speaking people doing their best to please the guest, a warm outdoor swimmingpool, a luxe Spa with sauna aso.
A luxury room with a oft bed. I was in heaven and had a wonderfull night dreaming of all good things I maybe can acheive....
If my budget allows it I will come back to enjoy this ( from time to time)
It was a wonderfull break during my 2 weeks stay in China for business

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcel V
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and for sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time with us. I was particularly pleased to find out that the hotel room facilities, the swimming pool and the spa as well as the warm service of our team satisfied and convinced you.

Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward – please rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the hotel team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time and effort, and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou soon.

Sincerely yours,

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 January 2014

It's indeed, much better than my last time's accommodation, and seems my boy love it very much this time.

When i booked the hotel, they already proactively provide my needs as such as crib etc...also they my provide the protecter to the corners when I arrived.

Hence, I received the card fr their GM to welcome my second time attendance, which is delighted me, and give me a pretty good feeling.

I just think that most likely I will come again, although the location is too good to take the taxi or might be the traffic is reli a problem in Guangzhou.

Btw, the bed is reli good!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rexhlv
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for such a positive feedback. Please rest assured we will share your words with our entire team.

We would love to welcome you back soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

My kindest regards,

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is next to a very nice shopping mall. The hotel lobby is small. On the floor when you walk to the end of each corridor it is the entrance of a room, and hence confusing. The room is very modern. The toilet is small. The blue light on the socket panel were very bright which could affect sleep. I was in a room that has a connecting door to the room next door. Unfortunately on the first night there were a few drunken men in the room next door. The hotel manager gave me another room for the night. At least I can have some sleep.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the TripAdvisor Community.

I regret to hear that you did not feel as delighted as you should have expected, your comments regarding the room design and the nightly disturbance are well taken indeed. Please rest assured, that your comments will be shared with the entire team for our immediate internal follow-up and improvement, also for the benefit of all guests. We do appreciate very much your constructive feedback.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor Community. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou and please do not hesitate to contact me, directly at clemensh@mohg.com or via phone, +86 20 3808 8888.

With best regards,

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It was my first visit to Guangzhou to order custom-made wedding gowns. I had a surprisingly pleasant stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The service and quality of this establishment is exceptional and modern. The staff, from the reception to the executive floor, is very welcoming and helpful. Every staff member I met not only spoke English fluently but also treated guests kindly.
The breakfast buffet at the Ebony is just fantastic. Although the food is prepared slightly different than in the States or in Europe, the staff in the open kitchen was extremely accommodating to even the pickiest requests I made.

Had it not been a family member who introduced me to this new Mandarin Oriental (opened spring of 2013), I would never have known what this luxury hotel brand can be. The unpretentious service, the modern beauty design and quality of furnishing had changed the traditional and ostentatious image of the brand. My stay was truly comfortable and yet it made me feel like a million bucks!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

I am delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that the architecture of the building, the food quality as well as the level of service exceeded your expectations.

We are sincerely honoured to receive such a fantastic comment, and you can rest assured we will do our very best to deserve such high praises.

Once again thank you very much for your recommendation; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou in the future.

With my very best wishes,

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The MO at Guangzhou is located in the newer part of the city on Tianhe Road. The reception staff are very courteous, can speak good English. On arrival you are offered some tea. The rooms are very well done up, spaious and fitted with modern amenities. Great rooms actually. There is a seperate door for housekeeping to collect laundry so there is no disturbance. The food in Verdana is really good, with breakfast buffet having a wide array and choices. If you do not want to eat then just step out and take the escalator to the right of the hotel.It will take you to the food court of the Taikoo Mall-Restaurants like Elements Fresh,Lian-Vietnamese and Thai Cuisine,Pizzeria and Japanese Food are all available. Room rates are expensive but service is great and its worth the stay. The MO Spa is great especially the facial. The only thing I would change is the business center which is very under utilized and low key-Internet facility is available but expensive.

Room Tip: -Use the free shuttle from the hotel to the East Guangzhou Station from where you can take the train...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and for sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time with us, especially I was pleased to find out that the room facilities, the quality of food and the spa as well as the warm service of our team satisfied and convinced you.

Sincerely yours,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in a good location with some great reception staff.

Stayed three nights in summer and must say that I was impressed with that has been offered.

Service very sharp and prompt. Good English and some nice touched.

Interesting bar and whisky selection.
The Chinese restaurant could be a bit better in terms of service but the cake shop is as good as the one in Hong Kong.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, including the location of the hotel, the Loft bar as well as our legendary service. Please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

With warm regards,