“Comfortable, moderne hotel”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #1 of 3,521 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Located well in Guangzhou, the Oakwood provides excellent sleeping comfort at a good location. The rooms are like studios, including own kitchen etc. Tv in bathrooms (very high-tec china style). Excellen view, fine facilities. Only downside, is that you have to fill in seperate mini-bar sheets for each day of consumption, instead of multiplying on one sheet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hello gkev,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed our views, facilities and location.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push to exceed your expectations and rate even higher next time!

Until then, warm wishes

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I travel a lot, and i can tell you that this is a great hotel, very good services, extremly frendly staf, they are always ready to help you. Very clean, modern, and beautyfull hotel. The location is very good, near to 2 big Mall's. Next time i will come back to Oakwood 100%. We had room 2308, fabulos view.

Room Tip: 2308 it is a very good apartament with great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daniel M

First of all, thank you for submitting your lovely review of your recent experience with us.

I am so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression. .I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Wishes

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights during Canton Fair. From the moment I walked in the staff were friendly and helpful, the apartment was clean and very comfortable, breakfast buffet had a massive variety and the quality was excellent. I had room service a few nights and the food was good. I liked the all you can drink promotions on the 16th floor particularly the range of German beers which went down a treat after a long day walking about.

All in all an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Frank b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "Great" review of your recent experience with us.

I am thrilled to read " from the moment I walked in the staff were friendly and helpful" I always say the first impression is the lasting impression, and I am delighted that we were able to provide this impression on your arrival.

I am happy to see you enojoyed everything from our apartment to our famous all you care to drink promotion.

I am also happy to hear that our breakfast display impressed along with our food quality.

Frank b, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you both back next time. Dont leave it too long!

Warm Wishes

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou with my Family for 5 nights in October - my wife and 3 children, it was fantastic. Great apartment with plenty of space, comfortable beds and superb amenities. The front desk staff were very helpful and Shane Langdon - Executive assistant manager really made our stay enjoyable with his exceptional custom service. We will definitely stay again on our travels and highly recommend this property to Families.

Room Tip: Higher floors and the corner 2 bedroom apartment with office room excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Nigel OCP6,

Many thanks for your kind review of Oakwood Preimer Guangzhou, so delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, will " highly recommend the property and definitely return.

Thanks for recognizing our front desk staff who do their best to impress in thier roles and connect with our guests, as such I have shared your comments to the front desk team.

Nigel,Thanks again for sharing such wonderful comments and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Oakwood during the Canton Fair. The apartments are comfortable and well furnished. Very attentive service from all the staff. A special thanks to the Australian operations manager who was always on hand making sure my stay was enjoyable.

You've got to try the lovely steaks - they actually know how to cook a decent medium rare. And the best part - the all you can drink promotions. Excellent!

I'll be back and recommend it to any business traveller.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear IanBroomeUK,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent experience with us.

I am so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression.I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience.

I am happy to hear you loved out steaks, we are focusing on offering our guests high quality Australian 300day grain-fed beef. We have recieved a number of postive comments in reagrds to our all you care to drink promotion and Iam glad you enjoyed this concept.

I sincerely thank you for all your comments and I am happy to read you will return and recommend the property to fellow buisness travellors.

Warmest Wishes

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a while as our stay was worth a review. We stayed in Oakwood for a night, however we wish it was for a week. The reception process was smooth and we were taken to our room promptly. The quality of the room and finishings we found excellent, once you shut the big solid door you were in your own world. You would not know you were in a hotel. The bed was just as we like it, and the kitchen set up was so handy. The restaurant had good quality food and the service was very good. I would like to give Shane Langdon a special mention, he was friendly and helpful in all ways and made our stay special, the sort of staff member I wish I had working for me. We definitely would stay at the Oakwood again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet due to the nature and quality of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ChinaKent,

Thank you for such an incredible review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay starting from the smooth reception process, I aways believe first impression is the most important.I am also happy to hear you loved the apartment from the furnishings to the bed and onto the kitchen.

I am delighted to read that you found our Oakroom restaurant food quality and service of a high standard, its an area we are always looking to improve.

Until then, warm wishes

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Date:Oct 12-15th 2013
Travelling with 2 kids (a 5 and 1 yr old) is never an easy thing, via an online search I found this hotel equipped with what I needed most, a baby crib, a washing machine and a kitchen, and that was the beginning of my nightmare.

*Upon my late arrival, I was directed to a room right next to 2 heavy smoking neighbors, at the same time I saw the crib they provided me and I almost passed out just by looking at it. It is NOT anything close to the american safety standards, it is made of cheap wood slats, there isn't even a standard mattress, it is very light weight with 4 cheaply made wheels that it flips to an upward angle when my son moves around inside therefore causing the bed to tilt, and worst of all, 2 sides of the rail is built HORIZONTALLY !!! OMG! (please refer to my photos)
Carrying my baby back to the lobby requesting a "non smoking" floor, I was told that the hotel do not offer any other kinds of cribs.

*The crib was in a high position and we had to call in a technician in to lower it, but he was incapable to do so, at the end my husband had to pick up his tool and did the job for him

*the curtain pole suddenly fell off the rail while i was trying to shut the curtains,thank god no body was injured

*the glass shower door was not properly sealed and water leaks out to the bathroom floor which then was flooded after everyone had used the the shower once, I then had clean it up to prevent any accident which may happen due to the slippery floor (forget about calling the housekeeping at night, I will explain later)

*the water supply to the dishwasher was not hooked up, and the housekeeper told me that most guests do not use the dishwasher and it would be best to "hand wash all my dishes/baby bottles" and then she said things like "this machine should work, maybe you don't know how" I had to expalin to her that the problem is that the water supply needs to be turned on (the technician later proved that I am right)

*I requested a stainless steel kettle instead of a plastic one in my room, and the housekeeper said "why don't you use this non-stick pan to broil whatever you want", again, looking at the severely scratched nonstick cookware, i was speechless

* Throughout the night I was basically "staring" at my baby consistently making sure he was safe and not trying to climb out of the brib. My husband on the other hand had to change the location of the crib so it would lean against the wall, none of us slept that night

*I called housekeeping at 8am and whoever on the other end told me that she will be there "right away", so i waited and waited and after a full 44mins wait she finally arrived, she told me that housekeepers changes shifts at 8:30am and calling before that is useless. Another morning wasted....

*I had to stay in my room the whole morning waiting for a few technicians to fix the dishwasher, curtain pole, and the shower door which I was was supposed to be fixed prior to my arrival

*one of the hotel staff suddenly brought in a playpen(a small boxed in area with a barely padded and uncomfortable bottom that sits off of the floor a few inches)BUT without a padded bottom (another speechless moment), then a lady told me there isn't such a thing as a padded bottom, and it took me quite a while to prove her wrong. It's just so exhausting trying to explain any common sense to anyone there, but without the debate, no one was willing to find my baby the padded bottom.

Dear Oakwood manager, if you are reading this, please note that playpen is designed to keep a baby/toddler safe for short periods of time, they are very, very uncomfortable, and even more uncomfortable without the thinly padded bottom, maybe you can try feeling it with your hand.

*the playpen was very dirty with milk spots on there and I had to sanitize it myself....am I on holiday?

*During all these interesting episodes, I tried to give some polite suggestions to their customer service rep (Carol & Elsa) but all I get was apologies and a fruit basket, maybe she thought that would keep my quiet or that's what i was want.

People working there never actually want to solve problems( which ironically was created bytheir laziness), they tried to avoid being into any conflicts by repetitively apologizing. One typical example was when I told Elsa all my problems, she shows great concerns and told me how they will improve their quality of service, that night I received a fruit basket and more apologies from Carol (another customer repsent by Elsa). The next morning when I called in at 8:15am for an extra roll of toilet paper, it was again delivered "right away" at 9AM!!!

Last, I left the fruit basket untouched in my room, feeling happy and glad that i am actually leaving this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bobbiapple888
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear GSKT723,

First of all, I would like to say outright that we definitely apologise for not delivering the perfect stay to you and your family recently. There is no doubt that you encountered certain issues which got things off to a bad start and despite our best efforts we were not able to get things back on track for you both.

For the record, I admit we got things wrong and I apologise on behalf of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.It certainly was not our usual standard which is why we have taken your comments seriously and I have shared your feedback to the concerned departments to ensure these issues to do re-occur

You will be happy to hear we are currently sourcing better quality cribs, implementing new procedures and action plans to prevent maintenance equipment not working and speeding up guests requests.

Offering the fruit basket was not to "keep you quiet" or not that what you wanted", Carol and Elsa wanted to express they cared about you and your experience, it was a gesture. I am sorry to hear you do not appreciate this.

Again - thank you for your candid review. its only with feedback such as yours we can improve our service and product.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to turn this negative experience to postive.

Warm Regards