“A good choice”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #2 of 3,556 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 days in a 2 bdrm suite. Even though the master bedroom was bigger, I opted to stay in the smaller bedroom because of having floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides. A fantastic view of the city, and the colorful tower in the distance.Both bedrooms have a private bath and the internet connection was strong. 2 big shopping malls across the street so you will never go hungry. The metro stop is about a quarter mile away so if you have a lot of luggage use a taxi. You can see the hotels sign as soon as you exit the metro so you can't get lost .Elsa the desk manager was very helpful as she remembered me from the Marriot Hotel in Guangzhou.Massage and a hair salon across the street and the hotel is on the top floors of a bank. I would love to stay here again!!

Room Tip: AS always, a high floor for a better perspective.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ghorita
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear ghorita,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful comments about our property and I know the team appreciated the feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms, city views and location. I am thrilled to see your postive feedback on Elsa, she works tirelessy to ensure our guests experience the best we have to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide such great feedback. I hope it wont be too long before we see you return to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

we booked a 2 br apartment for 10 days.

Will limit my review to points as I don't want to waste your time.

- I requested a high floor 3 months before arrival. When we arrived they gave us the smallest 2 br apartment, the living room was crammed into the pantry and one of the bedrooms didnt have a tv.

- When we asked for another apartment the hotel reception confirmed that the hotel was completely absolutely fully booked and the next availability to change will be in 3 weeks "so we lose hope and live with the smallest 2br aptmt available"

- the bidet was broken.. and guess what!! MAGICAL AVAILABLE HIGH FLOOR APARTMENTS WERE AVAILABLE!! "later on turned out that our level was completely available and that we were the only 2br room tenants! TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!

- The wifi is weak and didnt work most of the time

- we asked them to empty the minibar on the 1st day and 8 times of us asking, the emptied it 4 days later.

- no spoons or forks were available "even though we signed on a number of silverware that was supposed to be in the pantry/kitchenette"

- I'm allergic to dust and the apartment was full of it. It was like a middle eastern desert below the beds and behind the bed stands!

- The sewers in the showers and bathtubs reeked all the time... regardless of the usage.

- toilets wouldnt fully flush unless u stand there and hold the hand till its all gone :)

- phone operators hardly spoke english

- concierge wont assist you unless you shake your heavy rich pockets!

- far from all markets and hard to get taxis "must wait for 15 mins+ "

- there is a bank with excellent currency conversion rates.

- There is a massive mall nearby around 10 to 15 mins if you will walk.

- traffic is horrible!! and there are no U-turns infront of the hotel so the driver will take around 20 to 45 mins in traffic to make a legit turn "you can't cross cause you will be having stuff in that bus that you rented and you cant just ditch them and go"

BEST PART!!!!

7 WEEKS AFTER MY STAY, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL WHICH INFORMED ME THAT I DRANK 4 MISSING BOTTLES OF WINE AND THAT I WILL BE CHARGED. "we don't drink.. never did"

THEY ALSO GOT MY NAME WRONG AND MADE UP SOME HILARIOUS MIDDLE EASTERN NAME!!!

Verdict:

Don't go to Guangzhou... whatever you need you shall find in Korea, Singapore or hk.. they will milk you dry.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TheZebda
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

TheZebda,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your thoughts and experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou. Obviously we are always disappointed when we dont get things 100% right and please accept my apologies for not living up to your expectations.

There is no doubt that consistency in delivery of service is the key to a great hotel and this is certainly our number one aim. I truly appreciate your feeback and I assure you we have listened to all your comments and we aim to provide constant high level of service for which we are regularly recognized.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel which provided excellent service from the time we arrived till the time we left. The facilities are great - free wifi service, comfortable beds, a kitchen with all the basic utensils and a clean and modern bathroom. Very well located in the heart of the city, it provided easy access to good restaurants of different cuisines, big shopping malls as well as cheap road side vendors! Highly recommended if you are looking for a good five star hotel in Guangzhou.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hello Hock K

First of all, thank you for your amazing review of your recent experience with us.

I am thrilled to hear of your experiences and particularly happy to hear that we delivered "excellent service" for your entire stay. I am also happy to read you enjoyed our facilities, location and will recommend the property.

Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Got upgraded FOC to deluxe suite and was pleasantly surprised to find the room very well equipped with washing machine, dryer, toaster, oven etc. Really felt like home for us having the same brands of accessories and equipment (Grohe, Teka). Prompt and excellent service from friendly staff when we had guests visiting us at very last minute and we needed extras chairs and utensils. I must commend the reception staff for their good command of English and their readiness to oblige our requests. The 3 nights stay had been wonderful even though I was unwell physically. Kudos to Oakwood Premier and we will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Guangzhou!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Jerechua77,

First of all, thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted to know that you left with such an amazing impression.

I am also thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything from the well equipped room to our excellent service to the location. I am particularly thankful for highlighting our reception team english and service skills.

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Located well in Guangzhou, the Oakwood provides excellent sleeping comfort at a good location. The rooms are like studios, including own kitchen etc. Tv in bathrooms (very high-tec china style). Excellen view, fine facilities. Only downside, is that you have to fill in seperate mini-bar sheets for each day of consumption, instead of multiplying on one sheet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hello gkev,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed our views, facilities and location.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push to exceed your expectations and rate even higher next time!

Until then, warm wishes

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I travel a lot, and i can tell you that this is a great hotel, very good services, extremly frendly staf, they are always ready to help you. Very clean, modern, and beautyfull hotel. The location is very good, near to 2 big Mall's. Next time i will come back to Oakwood 100%. We had room 2308, fabulos view.

Room Tip: 2308 it is a very good apartament with great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daniel M

First of all, thank you for submitting your lovely review of your recent experience with us.

I am so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression. .I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights during Canton Fair. From the moment I walked in the staff were friendly and helpful, the apartment was clean and very comfortable, breakfast buffet had a massive variety and the quality was excellent. I had room service a few nights and the food was good. I liked the all you can drink promotions on the 16th floor particularly the range of German beers which went down a treat after a long day walking about.

All in all an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Frank b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "Great" review of your recent experience with us.

I am thrilled to read " from the moment I walked in the staff were friendly and helpful" I always say the first impression is the lasting impression, and I am delighted that we were able to provide this impression on your arrival.

I am happy to see you enojoyed everything from our apartment to our famous all you care to drink promotion.

I am also happy to hear that our breakfast display impressed along with our food quality.

Frank b, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you both back next time. Dont leave it too long!