“Highly recommended”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #2 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here during Canton Fair, regular shuttle buses from the hotel to Pazhou were very convenient. Rooms very well appointed, and it's nice to have laundry facilities in your room. I would suggest upgrading the washing machines, as you have to set off a wash cycle, then when that's finished, spin, then dry. Not as convenient as it could be... Staff all very friendly and helpful, good breakfast. Overall, excellent. Will hopefully return when next in Guangzhou

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank oli_lanc
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and followed with very generous and inspiring review on Trip-Advisor Community.

I was exciting to read your review and delighted you have an excellent stay experience with us. Your positive comment regarding our staff friendliness and high quality breakfast will be very good encouragement to the team. I will definitely pass it on to Service Excellent Team.

With regards to your suggestion for upgrading washer and drier in the room, I certainly agree, actually we have provided washer and drier combined units in some of the apartments. I would also recommend you to try the in-room steam during your next stay.

Once again, thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family of five enjoyed our recent stay in a two-bedroom apartment on a touring trip through China. The room was spacious and well maintained.

Check-in was friendly and the reception staff made extra special efforts to remember us during our two night stay.

We didn't have the in-house breakfast, choosing to buy some basic groceries from the supermarket at the shopping mall about two minutes walk away. The kitchenette was suitable for preparing very basic meals. We were so exhausted from touring and shopping that we also chose to eat at the mall restaurants each evening.

With laundromats almost non-existent in China, its worth staying for the in-room washing machine and dryer alone.

We chose Oakwood from other hotel and apartment options because of its proximity to a metro station. It was within walking distance, but in the end we travelled by taxi everywhere as they are very cheap. We had no trouble getting taxis from the hotel - the longest wait was about five minutes. The drivers studied the hotel taxi card closely to get us home but we had no problems on return journies.

The view from our apartment was great - a mix of old and new buildings.

We would stay here again and make it a longer trip next time. There's plenty to do and see in Guangzhou, especially in the old city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

April 28, 2014,

Dear Libby,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and followed with very detail and inspiring review on Trip-Advisor Community.

I was really thrilled to read through your review line by line and share your joyful experience in Guangzhou. I am delighted you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your highlighting of our staff friendliness, hotel location, well-appointed in-room facilities and view as well. Your review is very positive and will inspire our team to keep up the best quality service in Guangzhou; please be assured I will pass it on to the entire Service Excellence Team.

Once again, thank you and look forward very much to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

My warmest regards to you and the families.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights last week, this is my fourth stay with them and i am impressed with the standard, the friendliness of the staff and the personal touch of Mr. Kevin. The rooms were luxurious and well maintained, fully equipped and the location was very convenient. It was fun to stay with them and i would surely recommend the same.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are far better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Satish,

Thank you very much for writing me the note before you leaving the hotel and also spent your valuable time to write us an exciting review on TripAdvisor.

I am very thrilled to read that you have overall enjoyed our hotel including the location of the hotel, luxurious homelike apartment and facilities as well as most excellent service team in Guangzhou. Your generous comments will definitely motivate us and I will pass it on to Service Excellent Team.

Once again, thank you and wish you all the best. Looking forward to welcoming you back in October this year.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A remarkable set of staff, who are only waiting to serve you and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Excellent hotel, great service, great food makes a great experience. I would recommend this to any one travelling to Gungzhou. The only problem is to get Taxi's from the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the road. They are bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

April 24th, 2014

Dear Ajoy,

Thank you very much for sharing such an inspiring Oakwood Experience with us.

Your generous and praiseful comments on our associates and services really delighted the entire team and will keep on motivating us to deliver the best quality service in Guangzhou and make Oakwood the most trusted name in serviced apartments worldwide. I will definitely share your review with the team.

It has reached my attention of the challenge to get taxis during peak hours and we can provide both limousine service and taxi on call service for your convenience.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back during Autumn Canton Fair period.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I'm actually staying in the Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and is highly recommended.
The room/apartment is very complete, TV also in the bathroom, steam bath in the shower, many space to storage clothes, beds are excellent.
Breakfast is very good, not to large, but everything very good quality.
The hotel staff are very kind and friendly.
Location is very nice, there are a big shopping one block ahead, and you can walk all around.

Room Tip: I was at room 1809, back view, is better front view.

Dear Pablo,

Thank you for your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou followed with detailed review on TripAdvisor community.

I am very delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and especially highlighted our luxurious bed, breakfast, and friend staff.

With regards to in-room-steam and complete facilities in the kitchen, those are unique selling points of our hotel and I strongly believe all those will make both business and leisure travelers’ stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I spent 5 nights staying at this hotel while visiting the Canton Fair. While I had not heard of this hotel chain before, its name will now be well etched in my memory as a great find. The hotel is very modern and fitted out to the highest luxury standards. The rooms are very clean with many unexpected extras in rooms such as clothes washing machines and a steam room function on the shower and a full kitchen. From the second I entered the hotel, the staff were immediatly welcoming, attententive to every need and every question I had, very proffesional and well trained. The hotel itself is situated in a busy part of the city central to most areas and very convenient to the canton fair and the magnificent metro system that Guangzhou has built.. Thank you all staff at Oakwood Premier, I do hope I have the pleasure of being your guest again the future

April 24th, 2014,

Dear Don,

Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and sharing such a detailed and positive review with us.

As hospitality professions, we are aiming to provide our guests the best quality service and make their stays enjoyable and memorable, it’s obviously your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou was remarkable.

I was very thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything here at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, including the luxury room set-up standard and welcoming, attentive, well trained staff. Your generous and praiseful comment will definitely motivate all of us.

With regards to the in-room-steam, well-equipped kitchenette and washer & driers you mentioned, they are all hallmarks and unique selling points of Oakwood Premier Brand; we strongly believe all those will make travelers' stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel lobby is on 15th floor of the building; once I arrived the bellboy was very polite and escorted me to reception counter. The check-in was very fast and spent me only a few minutes.

Once I entered my room, TV was on, air-con was quite cool and lights were switched on and feel very warm just like home. This is not what I expected in any other hotel. Welcome fruit basket was placed with welcome message from General Manager. The room is very well organized with kitchen equipments, washing machine and drier. It’s just like home.

The hotel has a half open air swimming pool on 15th floor and very well managed. Water was clear and clean. I also enjoyed the sauna and Jacuzzi one floor further down the swimming pool in the locker.

Oakroom seems the only restaurant in the hotel and provides both a-la-carte and set menus, I tried the Seafood Laksa and it's really delicious. Staff there was very friendly.

It’s an enjoyable stay and I was impressed with the services and homelike facilities.

Room Tip: Book early to get cheaper room rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou recently and appreciated very much your detailed review on our facilities and services. Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring stay experience with us and I will definitely pass it on to all team members.

I am also happy you have tried to use our facilities and found they’re exceeded your expectation.

It’s with great pleasure to let you know that the Laksa with prawn is one of our signature dishes in Oakroom Restaurant & Bar and the receipt is from our General Manager’s wife, who is originally from Malaysia. The Oakroom Restaurant & Bar located on level 16 of the building provides with a panoramic view of Tianhe Commercial Business District and offers both a-la-carte menus and set menus where East Meets West.

Thank you again for your stay and generous review. I look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the future.

Sincerely yours,