“Good location and spacious rooms”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #1 of 3,506 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We were at the Oakwood Premier in GZ for 7 nights. The hotel is very nice, and has what I consider a must in China: a good western breakfast buffet. Rooms are clean and spacious. The washing machine was a great plus to the room, since we needed some clothes to be washed. Good location near the subway system. One thing I don't get in China is why you can never find a clear TV signal in hotels... its' always grainy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jcrpo1979
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and appreciated very much for your detailed reviews and generous comments.

I am thrilled to read that you have overall enjoyed all aspects of your stay, including the buffet breakfast, clean and spacious room as well as the fabulous location of the hotel. Regarding the TV reception, I do believe there are still rooms to improve, we have plan in place and will upgrade our TV reception facilities in next week time and I am sure it will be free of grainy soon.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been travelling to Guangzhou since last 9 years and stayed in different hotels in different areas of Guangzhou. If I compare the quality & service between all these hotels, I realize that Oakwood stands out first among all. It's not only about the nice room, but the dedication of the best service by their staff. They are next to you when you need them. In fact they have cooked special vegetarian breakfast for us on our single request. This was really amazing.... I have been staying in Oakwood since last 2 years and I will continue to stay there as I really enjoy the comfort and the service of their staff. Rooms are really amazing with attached kitchen to it. I will highly recommend to stay over there, whether it is business trip or you travel with your family & friends...

Room Tip: Various options to choose as per your requirement... But believe me all are nice....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Mahesh,

Thank you very much for your stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and on behalf of the management team I would like to extend our great appreciation to you for your detailed review and generous comments.

I am so exciting to read your review that you have overall enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your praiseful words towards our kitchen team and our Service Excellence Team will definitely motivate them to keep up with the good job and continuously providing the best quality service in Guangzhou. As our guests are from different parts of the world, our passionate, knowledgeable and experienced kitchen team is well prepared to provide various kinds of cuisines where East meets with West. I will pass on your generous comments to all of our associates.

I also would like to thank you for your loyalty to Oakwood family and the team is ready and looks forward to welcoming back home anytime at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The staffs at this hotel are obviously well trained with a very high emphasis on customer services. Each and every staffs speak good English and response quite quickly whenever there is an enquiry.

I am particularly impressed with Kevin Tao (Executive Assistant Manager) and Elsa Deng (Front Office Manager) who assisted with my check in and also orientate me about the apartments and property. The check in was a breeze and the additional welcome kit (which consist of maps and other necessary information) was very useful.

Another service crew that make an impression is Cher at Oakroom who is attentive and able to make good recommendations with regards to menu. The restaurant also offers good view of the city. The managers also make it a point to talk to the guest to check on the quality of stay and sleep during breakfast.

I was pleasantly surprise at how spacious and well equipped the room is. They have huge wardrobe spaces and plentiful of storage spaces for other miscellaneous items. The bathroom even come with steam room facilities. The bedroom have a unobstructed view of the city being on a high floor. Nothing to complaint with regards to housekeeping, the room is always spick and span at the end of the day when I return with soiled towels replaced.

The apartments are located in a very convenience part of the city which is a stone throw away from shopping malls and train stations. The flagging down of taxi is convenience too.

I guess the only complaint I had was the unmerciful weather last week. It was raining all day.

Steven Heah

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steven,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and appreciated your detailed review and generous comments.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay and thank you for being so observant and captured every detail of our services. I appreciated very much your praiseful words towards our associates especially Front Office, Oakroom and Housekeeping team were really delivering the best quality service to you during your stay period. I will definitely pass it on to the Service Excellence Team.

Meanwhile you have enjoyed the location, unobstructed view and well equipped apartment facilities in the room, as what you have mentioned, the washer, in-room steam and huge wardrobe spaces are all our unique selling points in Gunagzhou and make us the best serviced apartments in Guangzhou.

Once again, thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

A night in Guangzhou at Oakwood Premier Hotel

Our visit to Guangzhou was by chance. We were on our way from Hong Kong to Changsha on a mission to savour Hunan’s famous cuisine and had to change to a bullet train at Guangzhou. As there was a train to Changsha every five minutes, we did not reserve our seats in advance. But on reaching Guangzhou, we were surprised to learn that all trains were booked for the day. Our quick enquiries showed that one of the best places to stay was Oakwood Premier Hotel in downtown Guangzhou.

As we were driven in, we were impressed to see a neat and well-planned city with no congestion in terms of people and vehicles. We though it was a new city but were told that it was an ancient one established in 214 BC.

Oakwood Premier was a lovely hotel and we (sixteen of us) were put up in two plush and swanky apartments with a grand view of the city. Our stay became all the more pleasurable because of the warmth and hospitality of Mr. Kevin Tao, the hotel’s Executive Assistant Manager, who graciously took pains to ensure that we were comfortably settled in our rooms. When we talked of dinner in a good Hunan restaurant, he said he himself was from Hunan and was delighted to learn that we had come all the way from India to eat his province’s food. But he cautioned us to be ready to reach the restaurant, recommended by him and located in the vicinity, by 8 pm if we really wanted the food. But with our laidback and lackadaisical ways, we missed the deadline and faced the possibility of an indifferent dinner at a fast food restaurant. Since we could be ready only by 9 pm, we could not believe Kevin when he told us that no restaurant would now serve us dinner. He readily agreed to walk us to the restaurant suggested by him if only to prove he was right. And right he was.

Since we looked quite dejected, Mr. Tao valiantly came to our rescue and offered to summon the Oakwood Premier chef to cook Hunan food for us. Rarely does one come across such a forthcoming hotel manager anywhere. The food was ready only after 11 pm and was unbelievably awesome, transporting us to a place we would call culinary heaven. We had chicken, beef, lamb and pork, all Hunan style, all ethereal. Even the vegetarian dishes (we had two vegetarians in our group) were out of this world. Thank you Kevin, thank you Oakwood Premier, thank you Guangzhou!

Thus ended our brief but memorable trip to Guangzhou.

VIJAY KARAN
New Delhi, India

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

May 11th, 2014

Dear Mr. Karen,

Thank you very much for chosen staying with us at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and I really appreciated you, an 80-year-old gentleman spent your valuable time to write us such a detailed review.

I also would like to thank you for coming all the ways from India to eat my hometown Hunan food and I believe it was the destiny for us to meet, both are from the four great ancient civilizations.

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of hotel services; especially the food cooked by the Oakroom Chef was terrific and beyond your expectations. Our kitchen team provides all range of gourmets where East meets West. Your commendatory words will definitely motivate the passionate kitchen team; I will pass it on to all of them.

Once again, thank you very much and please forward my best regards to the families. I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had experience more than 5 different hotels during the Canton Fair period, always in the $200-300 range, and this has been by far the best in all aspects. Location is very good, near Tee Mall and food street. The room is actually an apartment, with complete kitchen, living room and a suite, all finelly decorated.
And a good surprise, everyone in the lobby speak good English, and that's really rare in Guangzhou. My last experience in a 5 star hotel in Guangzhou made me feel like an ET painted in green, trying to communicate to Chinese staff. At Oakwood that was not a problem.

Room Tip: I had a studio superior, that was good enough, no need to upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and generous comments following your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I was thrilled to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay for all aspects, including the location of the hotel, in-room completed facilities and comfortableness, and especially your kind words about our associates’ English proficiency. You’re definitely right that most of our associates working in the front line speak perfect English. I am also delighted you have commented we are the best among five hotels you have stayed in Guangzhou.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou during the next Canton Fair period.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great hotel with well equipped facilities, excellent for business or family trips. Fabulous experience of staying in Oakwood Guangzhou. Breakfast range could be improved though. I enjoyed the convenience of serviced apartment, would highly recommend to anyone who has plans to visit Guangzhou.

• Stayed: May 2014
Kevin_Tao_OPGZ, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I was thrilled to read that you had a fabulous stay experience and I fully agree with you that all rooms at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou are well equipped with kitchenette, washer/dryer and our location is fantastic with seamless connections to Shopping Malls and MTRs. We are the highly recommended place for both business and leisure travelers to stay in Guangzhou.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The room is well design, clean and comfortable. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Service/Housekeeping was great. Close to shopping centers and train stations. Nice area with two big shopping centres.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lifanuk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I was thrilled to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay and I full agree with you that all rooms at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou are well designed with fully equipped kitchenette, washer/dryer and our location is fantastic with seamless connections to Shopping Malls and MTRs. I also appreciated for your kind words on our associates regarding their friendliness and ‘Can Do’ attitude to fulfill your request. I will pass it on to the team.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back home at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.