“amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3,384 Hotels in Guangzhou
Abuja, Nigeria
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

First of all, walking into the hotel and looking up to the ceiling from the 70th floor lobby is breathtaking.
My room on the 92nd floor was a suite with the amazing view of the canton tower, the city & the canal below. At night, its really quite beautiful. In the evenings we could sometimes see a ring of white cloud around the canton tower which was really nice.The curtains from the sitting room, bedroom up to the large bathroom all open up completely with a touch of a button.
Only down side to the great view is that sometimes the clouds covered up and we lost visibility.
The food was great and the concierge + other staff took excellent care of us and catered to all our needs. My 6 month baby had a great time with lots of toys and baby gifts given to her.

Room Tip: Take the rooms over looking the canton tower/canal side.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsMoh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

The hotel is located at the top of the tallest building in Guangzhou. It is a Four Seasons so it is needless to talk about the quality of the rooms ad service . Everything was in four Seasons standards. And the price was real value for this level of place. Recommended

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pekmezci
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Four Season Guangzhou is really a good hotel to stay. The room is big and lobby is very nice designed.
It is excellent to stay at 70th floor and above.
Staffs are qualified and well trained.
Don't forget it is a completely new hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The staff on arrival were so helpful and even escorted me to the 69th floor where the spa is, told me some info about the hotel on the way up and handed me over to the spa staff.
They were also lovely, gave me great suggestions on treatments and when I finally decided they showed me around, told me what facilities I could use etc.
The treatment was brilliant, really thorough and the private room was clean and had all the extras (relaxing music, tea and snacks etc.)
When one of the staff overheard me on the phone and realised it was my birthday, she must have told the reception staff because as I went to pay the bill (which was a little pricey but as the overall experience was so great I didn't mind) they gave me a complimentary gift bag and wished me a happy birthday.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who values good service, great architecture and stunning views. Also a good location, especially for tourists, right in the centre of the new town district and near the Pearl River.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Design and Architecture are fantastic and overall we had a great stay, but some things need attention.
Check in was great (Kimmy was always wonderful) The online request for a Tower View Room was granted, my preference for a Non Smoking room not. So the smell of stale smoke was quite noticeable and the attempts to get rid of it with some kind of machine remained in vain.
Not mentioning that the pool is not open yet on the website and still under construction is extremely misleading, deceptive and borderline illegal. It was one of the main reasons for us to choose this hotel for our weekend stay. Mentioning our discontent about this remained unanswered and without reaction.
Afternoon tea is representative of most of the F&B. Rather mediocre and overprized. Dinner at Café Mondo and Breakfast are uneventful. Annoying was that the breakfast buffet was removed at 10.30am without notifying the diners. During Dinner at Mondo we were also not told that the Appetizer and Dessert buffet will be removed at 10pm, even though we only arrived at 9.15pm and had not even finished our Main Course when they informed us that it will now be taken down.
Generally however the Service is impeccable and truly noteworthy. Smiles all around and immediate attention, even though they don’t always get it right the first time. Extremely high standard for China and even the level of English of all team members was remarkable. The employees really made a difference at all levels, with the exception of the concierge Howard, who seriously needs to work on his attitude and his technical skills. When asking him about the US Consulate close to the hotel he told us that there is no such Consulate. When I mentioned to him that I found it on the internet and on Google map he told us that he has been living in Guangzhou for a long time and that there is no such thing. In fact it is a 7.4-acre site and construction started in 2009 exactly 5minutes walk from the hotel. Worse however when inquiring about trains to Hong Kong, he told us at 4pm that there is no need to make reservations for the Hong Kong train leaving at 5.30pm with over 200 tickets left. When we got there 20 minutes later this train had sold out and we had to wait until 6.20pm.
Despite the above, we were made to feel very welcome and truly enjoyed our stay.
Smiles go a long way!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hotel is truly amazing! The staff are so helpful and so nice. I was upgraded to the highest floor in the hotel. The rooms are great, spacious and comfy. In my opinion, no matter what room you are in, you will get an absolutely amazing view. The view from the bar is great, the view from the breakfast buffet is great and the view from the lobby is great. I was at the hotel from the 28th of Feb to the 4th of March and I enjoyed every minute of it. The wifi is free and the breakfast buffet is nice. Once again, I must mention the staff are all wonderful. I was also given an upgrade of vehicle for my trip back to the Airport.

This is a hotel where you feel so welcome unlike other hotels that just make you feel like a number.

The location is also great, just 8 minutes by taxi to the Phazhou Expo Center. 2 malls located nearby. The interior of the hotel is very nice and very modern. I really cant fault this hotel in any way. I am truly amazed by the fact that they are a new hotel open since mid 2012 and they have nailed the excellent services, spot on!

I will surely recommend this hotel to everyone and I will definitely be visiting again.
Kudos to the staff and the management.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Canton Tower. However, all rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Our first impression of the hotel was not very nice, because the reception area is very futuristic. It's impossible to look up without dizziness. But the stuff was very friendly and spoke a good english, what is a bless in China, even in the hotels, and the rooms were absolutely fabulous! The beds and pillows are very comfortable and we slept like babies.
The only thing was, that they have made up the room only once a day (without preparing them for the night) and not very carefully. Once they've even forgotten to take our garbage from the bathroom out.
A special attention I would like to pay to the girl in the executive lounge. Unfortunately I didn't remember her name, she is really worth to be promoted! The brightest and the most professional person that we have met in our 11 days journey!
During breakfast you should keep calm and count on self-service))) Everyone will say ok-ok to whatever you will ask them to do, but will ether not understand you or will forget about you if on their way to fulfill your desire they would be stopped by somebody else))
The bar on the 99th floor is very nice for a drink before sleep. Bartender is good and the wine-list is not bad (which is really rare in China, where people think, that white wine is, like the red one, the older - the better and the names of wines often are funky...)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends