Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
US$86
US$148
US$124
Agoda.com
All reviewstian barcanton towercafe mondoifc buildingfloor to ceiling windowsfloor lobbythe pearlstunning hotelin room diningmemorable stayopera housejapanese restaurantluxury hotelriver viewhotel is locatedthe executive loungespecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Four Seasons is a dramatic new high-end offering in Guangzhou's emerging five-star hotel hub, which includes entries from several other major international chains. The hotel is on the 70th-100th floors of the IFC Tower, and features a sleek modern design with a huge atrium.

Location: The hotel is located in a hub of new developments, including major office buildings, retail, dining, and the recently-opened U.S. consulate general. A strip of popular restaurants is about a 20-minute walk away, reached via large public park. Like many new high-rise hotels, the lobby is not on the ground floor. If you're in a rush, it can be tedious to wait for the elevator. The lobby is transformed into the hotel layout equivalent of Atlanta, where you're always routed to change elevators, which are almost invariably packed. Guangzhou is especially busy during the Canton trade fair. If time is of the essence, the elevator situation might be a particular nuisance during that period.

Rooms: My room was on the 97th floor, with spectacular views. The room itself was large, with a big entry area, a walk-in closet, and a lavish bathroom. The heated floors are a great - and unusual - feature. Design is modern, with traditional Chinese accents, and the amenities and bedding quality are what you'd expect in this category. I had one minor problem: the smoke detector randomly flashed a stream of green light, rather than the typical muted flash. If I'd stayed longer, I would have asked to have it replaced or fixed, as it was a distraction when the room was dark.

Breakfast: My room came with access to the executive floor, which included a reasonable breakfast selection in a small club-like atmosphere, with attentive service. If you want a bigger selection, go to the main dining room. Drinks and service at the rooftop bar were fine.

Service: Service was generally good, with a couple of glitches. Even with the "do not disturb" sign iluminated, housekeeping knocked on the door and then tried to charge into the room before running into the dead-bolt. Check-in was smooth, but check-out was a little rough - I was leaving early in the morning, and staff members were so distracted by something going on behind the counter that I was shunted from one clerk to another before someone was able to check me out. This type of minor inconsistency can be common at newer hotels, especially in China, and did not detract from the overall stay.

Overall, I enjoyed my short visit, and would definitely return.

1  Thank ShiMoke
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed four nights in this spanking new hotel. I always found myself rushing through the tacky glass/marble/steel lobby with garish red accents, & cheap velvet & leatherette-covered chairs, to get to my relatively tastefully decorated premiere room. Excellent sleep quality, spacious bathroom w/ a heated floor, well-stocked with amenities, & best of all, a spectacular view of the Pearl river & Canton tower. One morning I went out for the day, and came back at 4pm to find my room still uncleaned, so I learned to call Housekeeping every day before stepping out, to remind them to clean the room. Food at the breakfast buffet and the banquet facilities was good, and beautifully-presented. The reception & kitchen staff try their best to accommodate your requests. And so with the front desk staff, bell staff, & concierge. Gym is open 24 hours, and there is a midsized indoor pool & jacuzzi. The hotel is a few minutes' walk from H&M and Uniqlo, if you need more warm clothes. And there are 2 supermarkets nearby- at the lower floors of the Guangzhou friendship store & GTland plaza. The most vexing thing about my stay here was the spotty Internet connection,especially late in the evenings, reminding me that I was indeed, still in mainland China, & not in cosmopoitan Hongkong or Macau.

1  Thank Jinky L
Reviewed 23 January 2014

magnificent but cold atmosphere of this hotel can't be recognized as Four Seasons considered to be an etalon of Luxury! Concierge service was not efficient enough sending us to the restaurant which was closed already (at 9.30 pm)! their own dining was closed at 10 pm....

1  Thank Andrey N
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Andrey N,

First of all, thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with us.

I was truly upset to learn of your experience with our concierge service that have caused you much inconveniences. Our team has already met to share your feedback and is working quickly to make improvement to ensure we provide the most updated information to our guests.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences thus have caused to you. Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing this candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and be at your service again.

Yours sincerely,
Byron Chong
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I went to four seasons for a spa treatment,absolutely amazing experience,great courtesy,kind and well prepared staff,really professional,I had a facial a scrub with this teraphist that she made anything to make me feel comfortable,they offer me tea and snacks,the room was really nice,nice view,nice soft music the best to completely relax,thank you so much to all the great stuff,to make me feel completely relax !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Francesca S
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Francesca S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you felt completely relaxed with spa service. Your compliments are definitely great encouragement to our spa colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Till then, my best wishes to you!

Warm regards,
Byron Chong

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stay at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou one night. It's in the new CBD of Guangzhou and beside the Pearl River. In the room, you can see the river and the Hai xin sha park from above, it feels great.

and the bath room is big enough. But a little pity is you can seeing the city during a tub bath.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple