“Got sick from their hamburger”

Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #6 of 3,521 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Upon ground floor entry, I wasn't allowed into the elevator by a doorman on the ground floor claiming it was too late for breakfast and too early for lunch and I should return another time so as to not disturb the guests. I told him I want to talk to the manager, to which the ground floor doorboy responded via body language by moving out of the way between me and the elevator and raised his hand as if giving me permission to pass his initial refusal to enter . . . I arrived on the 70th floor which is the lobby of the hotel and I was asked if I wanted anything to drink so I ordered a hamburger, but got a cheeseburger and it was overcooked, but smelling the burger made me think it was safer overcooked then medium rare as I usually prefer. The french fries were terrible. They were somehow hard and gritty textured. Of course I got sick from eating it. The best thing about this place is the views, if it happens to be a clear day in Guangzhou which was for about 1 day out of 40 I have witnessed. The decoration and architecture are definitely nice, but at twice the price of the ritz carlton only a few hundred feet away, I can say the Ritz-carlton staff are really much better trained for hospitality than the four seasons. If I am going to spend over $250 per night for the smallest and cheapest room, (not to mention the $500/night the Four Seasons asks) not including any breakfast or any upgrades, I think there are plenty of other much better value for money hotels in Guangzhou.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Four Seasons Guangzhou Hotel is one of the most incredible hotel i have stayed on.We stayed there for 2 Nights during Chinese New Year period.But As the title:“Everything is very good,except the time wait for the service is too long".

Room Tip: The bed is a little small
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear RUIZHI S,

First of all, thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with us.

I was pleased to hear that you found everything was very good and appreciate you bringing up the speed of service to my attention, which I have already shared with my team for attention.

We apologize for the inconveniences thus may have caused to you. Should I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed for 4 nights. Everything is perfect! the view is unique, the room makes you feel at home, I went to the pool every day. there is nothing to complain, it's really the best hotel in Guangzhou, if travel in Guangzhou, it's the place to be. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dawny D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that your recent stay was perfect and comfortable, and you enjoyed our horizon edge pool. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Till then, my best wishes to you!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Rude waitress in The Arttrium on the Check-in level really ruined my very first Four Season experience. I walked to the window side to take a look of evening view of Pearl river, and a waritress just came to me to say that photo are not allowed to taken here in a very impolite way, I was shocked by her attitude and also the behaviour and I told her that I am a in house guest and just want to take a quick look then will heading for my dinner outside.Once she realized i am a in house guest, she walked away.
And the lazy concierge on the ground floor alos added up the unsatifactory level even lower.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dawn Z
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Dawn Z,

We were truly upset to learn of your experience in our hotel specifically about the service at The Atrium and Guest Service areas. This is definitely not what we are striving for as a Four Seasons hotel. Please rest assured that our team will meet to share this feedback quickly in order to make improvement.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences thus have caused to you during your first stay with us. It would be great to connect with you via email so that I can personally address your concerns and offer further assistance. Please feel free to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel. I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Four Seasons Guangzhou Hotel is one of the most incredible hotel i have stayed on. We stayed there for 2 Nights during Chinese New Year period. Everything was top class from staffs to all the services. The room was too good and the view was to die for. The only thing i found unsatisfactory was the breakfast on Cafe Mondo; the breakfast was not up to the standard of the hotel nor it was worth what we paid for. Everthing else was top notch.

Room Tip: Choose a River View Room on Higher Floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rabi P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons recently. I am pleased to know that you rated our colleagues and services at top class, and enjoyed our room and view.

In the meantime, I will share your comments on our breakfast at Caffe Mondo with concerned departmens for future improvement.

Thank you for your candid feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel is located in a relatively newer area of the city. But it is a good location anyway. The hotel is in the upper part of a highrise tower. The sky lobby is located on eightish floor, high enough to give you a good view to the city. The design is contempory and visually pleasing. The guest room I stayed is roomy and comfortable. My room also enjoys a huge bathroom with tub sitting against a floor to ceiling window.
The breakfast is, as expected but without any surprise.
The hotel lives up to your expectation of a Four Seasons, and probably on the better than average side of all Four Seasons Hotels with the benifit of being one of the newest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WM_Lee2014
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear WM_Lee2014,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking time to rate us 5 stars on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you are pleased by our design and enjoyed our room. Your candid feedback will be shared with concerned departments for future enhancement. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Till then, my best wishes to you!

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in Guangzhou. Everything is top notch - the room, the view, the staffs, the service, etc.
We had a clogged drain in the bathroom. We called housekeeping, asking them to send someone to have a look. The maintenance guy came in less than 5 mins and solved the problem. Oh... did I mention it's 11pm?!
All the staffs, even the maintenance and baggage handling guys speak very good English.
Since we only stayed one night (wish it was longer), we didn't have the chance to try the restaurants and spa. Would definitely love to give it a try next time we go back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear odm_post,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit and it was a pleasure having you staying with us.

Your description of the accommodation, the food and the quality of service you received from the staff is exactly what we strive for. It means a great deal to our people to know how much their efforts are appreciated and, as is our custom I have shared your comment with our entire management team and staff to enjoy. After all, there is no better motivation than your words of praise for a job well-done.

Again, we value and appreciate your patronage of Four Seasons Hotels Guangzhou.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon, and you should not miss our spa and restaurants next time.