“What a view!”

Ranked #6 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“What a view!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Four Seasons lobby is on the 70th floor, and the hotel spans floors 70-99. Need I say more?!

As a result, any room or restaurant you're in, you get a fabulous view of the city and the Pearl River and it really is an experience to live up so high. There's a great bar on the 99th floor, again with a stellar view, and the Japanese restaurant (Kumoi) was excellent.

I managed to see three different rooms, since many of my colleagues and friends were also staying at the same time as me, and all of them were large, plush and beautifully appointed - each one with a stellar view. The hotel staff were all extremely polite, spoke good English and were very helpful throughout the one week I stayed there.

An added bonus is that the hotel is really well located; it's right in the middle of the new city centre and a ten minute walk from three big shopping malls. Plus, given its height, it's easy to spot and makes it easy to find when you're walking back. It's obviously a well-known landmark since all the cab drivers we asked knew it instantly.

Definitely worth a stay, just for the novelty experience of staying so high up!

Room Tip: Try and get a room that faces the Pearl River (instead of the City).
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Shahine,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our room, the view and service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Byron Chong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

One the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Room on the 100th floor, modern room, great service. Enough said. Great improvement in the Guangzhou hotel scene. I didn't eat in the restaurants, but the executive lounge had good food and service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a very good experience in our hotel and you are particularly pleased by the service from our executive lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I will try and keep this short and sweet. I had an otherwise (mostly) great stay at the Four Seasons for 3 weeks. An unacceptable and horrifying incident on my last night tainted the whole stay.
The good: Staff in the executive lounge and the fitness center were great. Food and service at Kumoi was excellent.
The bad: Housekeeping service was uneven at best. It was clear they only vacuumed about once a week and did not wipe down countertops every day. Unacceptable at a hotel of this caliber. Concierge service seemed confused by every request I asked of them.
THE UGLY: I stayed in a different room for my last night at the Four Seasons Guangzhou (due to checking out and having to come back for one night) and found a USED CONDOM in the shower. Whether this was left by the previous tenant or a staff member (who oddly asked to change a non-existent broken light in the bathroom the next day) is unclear. WHat is clear is that the staff acted like it was somehow my fault that I did not discover this immediately after checking into the room around 1pm. I did not discover this until showering on the morning of checking out and told the front desk as much. They proceeded to interrogate me as to when I actually showered. As if the fact I did not discover the condom the night before during a very quick shower was relevant in any way. The words "I am so sorry" never came out of a staff members' mouth. Only "This is impossible." Maybe this is a language barrier issue but the attitudes I received sure made it feel like I was being accused of something. I have stayed in some of the dodgiest hotels across the US and have never found a USED CONDOM in my shower. While I could try and not let this incident outweight the other great things about my 3 weeks at the FOur Seasons, the response from the staff was horrible enough for me to never recommmend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Natalie H
fsguangzhou, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Natalie,

Please accept my personal apologies for what transpired on your stay. Clearly what transpired during your stay in Guangzhou does not demonstrate our commitment to providing proper service and was unacceptable.

I understand that we cannot undo the way this was handled, but I wanted to share with you what has been done by way of follow up. Based on your comments shared with our management, we have taken a number of actions including retraining of the room attendants and supervisors. In addition, I want to apologize that in our drive to clarify the details we gave the poor impression we were not accepting responsibility for what transpired.

This has also been addressed with the staff involved. Once again, thank you for your comments; I especially appreciate you taking the time to comment on the positive portions of your visit as well as the negative. I will further follow-up with you with a hope that we can try to somehow regain your trust, in perhaps giving us another chance in the future following this terrible impression.

Bahram Sepahi
Regional Vice President and General Manager
86 20 8883 3888
bahram.sepahi@fourseasons.com
Zhongshan, China
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It's an unforgettable experience for living in Four Seasons. When I first enter the lobby, I feel the unique atmosphere, making me free and relaxed. But the service of the counters needs to be improved. Overall, with the most beautiful scenery outside the windows and the good service and facilities, it's a good choice to live there.

Room Tip: Rooms against the elevators have the best scenery.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Nick,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou and sharing your experience with us. I was pleased to hear that you like our hotel & the views.

Thank you for your comments regarding our food & service which I have already shared with concerned departments. Sorry it was not up to your expectation. It would be great to connect with you via email so that I can personally address your concerns and offer further assistance. Please feel free to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel. I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Quebec city
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Staying at the Four Seasons was a great experience that substantially contributed to our liking our tourist visit to Guangzhou. The view from our room, but most of all from the hotel top floor restaurant at night is breathtaking. The hotel location is great as it is near an MTR station, in a more quiet, modern and esthetically nicer part of the city which made it an enjoyable and relaxed setting for us. We were impresed by the level of service demonstrated by hotel personnel. Wow!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nathalie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our room and service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Thanks again for excellent executive floor dinner with the help of our Italian friend...thanks also to Tiffany ....rooms view and bed was perfect.to all staff continue your good customer service .italian chef the best in GZ and probably in Italy ....Tiffany wow what else to say see you all in October even downstairs lobby staff were nice .

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ericadvisor
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Ericadvisor,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a very good experience in our hotel and you are particularly pleased by our service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Till then, my best wishes to you!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my first time stay at four seasons, I would say the room is modern with unique style but not as deluxe as Mandarin Oriental. But the view itself was fantastic, the Guangzhou tower just outside of the hotel (but the window may need more cleaning).

The breakfast was good with many choice, have no complain here. But the room itself really need some repair (please see the attach photos).

To sum up, I would say you may worth a try as the view is really good. But compare with the price, I may request more from four seasons.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear NG C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons and I am pleased to know that you like our view & breakfast. We will look into the issues you brought up particularly about the room facility for future improvement. Thank you for your candid feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,