China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, Guangzhou
Junzilan Hotel(Guangzhou)
  • Restaurant
Xinxing Hotel(Guangzhou)
1,850 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeyuexiu parkfood streetmetro stationcanton fairroom upgradeconvenient locationoutdoor poolbusiness centerrooms are nicebreakfast buffetfour seasonschinese restaurantbusiness tripbeijing roadstarbuckschina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Beds to sink into. My twin room actually had two doubles in it. The current trend for full length glass windows into the bathroom made me laugh. So glad I was in this room alone. But this does mean you can watch the tv form your bath. Clean bright rooms. The breakfast buffet offers a stunning array of choices. One does not know where to begin. There is an adjoining arcade of shops, a Starbucks and a foot massage/reflexology centre. I would recommend the foot spa place in the arcade rather than the hotel spa. Better price and you can offer what you save as a generous tip to the ladies in there that work hard and only get paid per treatment they provide and low pay at that. You can expect to pay about £23 for 90 minutes - sublime after travelling so far. Hotel lobby offers free wifi but you have to pay for it in your room. But the lobby is huge and a nice place to sit and email etc. Easy to get taxis to wherever you want to go. Not far from huge shopping malls and centres of entertainment and places to eat out. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

As a business man, I rely on fast internet and accessibility of the reception. This hotel gets 1/5 stars for having the slowest internet in China. The hotel exterior is very old but the interior is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
kyle l, Public Relations Officer at China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Christian

Thank you for replying on our Guest Satisfaction Survey and please allow me to extend our sincerest appreciation for selecting China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel for your recent trip to Guangzhou.

Additionally, I would like to share our gratitude for your positive ratings on the survey regarding your recent stay in our property. Where above all, we take into account all our valued guests feedbacks, like yourself, though demonstrating that we are providing the services that you have come to expect.

Nevertheless, we have acknowledged that there is still room for further improvement; your concerns about the internet have been already escalated to our team for further investigation. Please rest assured that we would like to offer you an exceptional experience upon your next visit and onwards.

I would like to thank you once again for your recognition which makes us strive even more to provide a better “home away from home” experience. We will always be of any assistance that you may expect and we are looking forward to welcoming you to China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel again very soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Kyle Li

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recently stayed at the 5 star Marriott Hotel in Guangzhou with my family.
I found the hotel well located and the staff professional and friendly.
The stand out people foe me were Jacky Su and Yourick't Gilde and Ellie.
They were very professional and helpful and made our stay hassle free and enjoyable.

We liked the hotel so much we have already booked to return again.

John Halpin
Ireland

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very difficult to find anyone in Service staff who can understand English. We had a baby and pre-teen and the service was just okay. When we called for anything including room service it was necessary to be asked to transfer to a manager who spoke English.

Room upgrade was very nice. Housekeeping staff very friendly and helptul.

Very pricey given the lack of extra service.

Food was very average.

Room Tip: Be sure to try for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robsemon
kyle l, Public Replations Officer at China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Robsemon,

Thank you for your comment for China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel; it has given us a chance getting to know your valuable comments about us. Please allow me to extend our sincerest appreciations for selecting China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel for your recent trip to Guangzhou.

Moreover, please allow me to apologize for all the inconveniences that we have caused you during your recent stay, especially about the unsatisfying staffs’ English level. From what you have commented about us, we have well acknowledged the seriousness of the issues we have created to you. Nevertheless, please rest assured that those you have experienced are not the typical Marriott standard of services China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel provides.

Please once again accept my apologies for all the inconveniences we have caused. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel to show our improvement. We want to provide you a true "home away from home" experience.

Thank you for always supporting the Marriott brand. We are looking forward to welcoming you to China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel very soon.

Sincerely yours,
Kyle Li

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We lived in an executive room, which was even too big. There's also an extra separate WC in the room. Breakfast in veranda is excellent (we didn't try the executive breakfast on yhe 17th floor lounge). We enjoyed gym, swimming pool and complimentary evening snacks and drinks in the exec lounge. For the money paid - a bargain!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple