“Renewed :) It s a good thing”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #13 of 3,436 Hotels in Guangzhou
Hangzhou, China
“Renewed :) It s a good thing”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Been to this hotel a couple of years ago when it was International Hotel. Was old , worn out furnitures. But this time to my surprise I booked it as Crowne Plaza, and all renewed. In the mid. of downtown very good location as well.Choose higher floors if possible:)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful experience you had with us during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide the true hospitality of a 5 star hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

molly.zhang@gz63.cn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
mewcat1959
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have just returned having spent 6 nights at the city centre hotel. I have stayed in many hotels at Canton fair time and this one rates the highest to me. The rooms are very spacious with free internet connection. It is nt free for one day only as suggested by some reviews. You just have to click on the free 24 hours internet icon each day. That is why some reviewers have been confused. I stayed for 6 days and it was free the whole time which is imperititve when trying to work away from the office.

The bed was large and very comfortabel and the reviews about the pillows being so fantastic (which i though were odd comments when read before i visited) are totally true. The best nights sleep i have ever had in china!! Rooms had all the amentities like kettle, complimentary water each day, wardrobe personal safe, and sizable TV, shower and bath. The staff were very helpful and many spoke English very well. Each day for the fair there was a hotel shuttle bus on regular occassions.

The hotel is very central and so ideal for meeting up with people and shopping.

All in all i would stay again and recommend it to others

Room Tip: Try and get room away from the lifts as the 'bing bing' noise they make all through the nigh...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in writing your review and your wonderful experience you had with us at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

As a 5 Star hotel, we dedicate ourselves to achieve the true hospitality and excel in our service standards. We are pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and provide a memorable stay.

Thank you for sharing your story with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just completed a 4-night stay at this property during Canton Fair...I've stayed no less than 8 different hotels in Guangzhou in my 15 years of attending Canton Fair twice a year...It was my first stay at the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou, and I hope it won't be my last.

Arrived at the train station to find that the hotel had a counter, which led me to a complimentary shuttle bus which took us straight to the hotel. The check in line was long, but a manager saw my Platinum card, and directed me to the Club Floor for check-in...

Check-in was fast and efficient. While I had a reservation for a standard room, I opted to add Club Floor access for RMB400/night. A great deal for 2 people, which gave us breakfast, evening cocktails and snacks and internet access.

Breakfast was great in the lounge--eggs cooked to order, a noodle bar for the Asian crowd, plenty of other hot dishes, fruit, pastries, cheeses and more.

The evening reception was also great--several hot dishes to choose from, salad bar, great cheese/meat selections, and honestly--some of the best desserts I've had in China. It was more than enough for dinner--and didn't venture beyond the lounge for anything to eat the entire stay.

The room was clean, comfortable, modern. Nice LCD television, comfortable bed (by China standards--still a little hard from a western perspective, but definitely palatable), and an amazingly large bathroom, which had a separate glass shower and tub. We had a corner room (# XX07)--which seemed to be laid out a little differently than the other rooms--I'd almost call it a mini-suite--there was a separate room/hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom that offered ample storage space for luggage and an open area to hang your clothes.

Staff was very friendly, especially those in the Club Lounge. The shuttles to/from Canton Fair were prompt and comfortable.

Great hotel--lots of amenities, clean, comfortable, beautiful lobby...I can't say enough good things about this place. I just made my reservation there for October's Canton Fair--can't wait to go back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It was such an honor that we could have your comments and high valuation regarding to our service.

We are delight that you enjoyed all our facilities which is available in the hotel and our location; it is our endeavor to ensure that we provide all the necessities to our discreet travelers within the hotel. Next time you come to Guangzhou, please do contact our colleagues for more local information and I am sure that they are happy to show you the nice scenery and facility in Guangzhou.

Hope you will also love Guangzhou. Thank you for choosing our hotel while you back to Guangzhou, We are looking forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre and wish you all the best!

Paris
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Staying at the Crowne Plaza in Guangzhou has been a pretty nice experience. Rooms were pretty nice and quite large. The hotel was quiet and well-decorated. Atmosphere overall pretty comfortable. Having a drink at the lobby bar is fine - except for the fact their cocktails contain no alcohol or so little you just can't feel it. Breakfast is very complete, offering a lot of choice and during our stay there was a turkish corner! (don't know whether it was a special or permanent thing!).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review and we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

We are highly appreciated for your constructive comments, which are extremely helpful for our improvement of service and facilities. Next time you come to Guangzhou, please do contact our colleagues for more local information and I am sure that they are happy to show you the nice scenery and facility in Guangzhou.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Was in town for work, stayed here because it was right next door to the TV station where I was going for work the next day so for me, location was perfect. The room was average, nothing special. The sauna was great. Restaurant was alright, buffet was fairly well priced and had a great selection. Check in was okay. Didn't really feel like this was a 5 star hotel, I would prefer to say it is a 4 - 4.5 star hotel. Not bad, but for the price I just felt like something was missing. BUT... the bed was extremely comfortable!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hazza H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and as I am a Platinum IHG member I got an upgrade to a small suite. Great super impressive room with a HUGE square bathtub (I would have preferred a longer one as I am not a square but more of a rectangle).

I had a great room on the upper floors and you can see for miles--or you could if there was no pollution but that's hardly the fault of the hotel.

Upon checkout I was asked to pay for my hotel stay despite arriving with a PriceLine voucher. I argued with the front desk staff but they insisted that it was a formality in case PriceLine refused to pay. I agreed to pay on these grounds.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and found that not only had I paid on Priceline but I had also been charged TWICE by the hotel for the room. Once in RMB and once in my home currency so I have in effect been charged THREE times for the same room! I wonder how many Priority Club points that will get me! :)

I have contacted the hotel and Priceline and Nelson, the assistant manager, assured me that it would be sorted out soon. I will update this when there is a resolution one way or the other.

Room Tip: Higher floor is cool!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ben s
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre on your recent stay in Guangzhou. We would also express our appreciation for your comments with concern to the hotel services.

Please do accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback to the concerned department and corrective action has been taken.

I hope that this experience will not deter you to visit us again in the near future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be any of your assistance as I would be more than happy to help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The Crown Plaza offers western class accommodations at a reasonable price. Located in a heart of the city, there are great restaurants and shops within walking distance. The beds are soft and the internet works well. Would recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business