We stayed at Crowne Plaza City Center for 3 nights recently. We arrived Guangzhou by train at Guangzhou Central station - and this hotel was just 15-20 mins by taxi. The hotel is located on main road leading directly to this station.
The hotel is located close to MRT and main shopping areas. Gnz is a big city, so depending on your purpose in the city, it is important to stay closer to your business. It worked well for us, as it was near everything we required - train stations, shopping centers, wholesale markets etc.
We stayed on 38th floor and view in front wass quite nice. The room itself was well appointed and felt luxurious. The square bathtub was interesting. We found the restaurant top class and room service was impeccable.
The front office staff helped with Chinese -English translations, taxi bookings, etc. Concierge was very willing to suggest wholesale shopping distts, and gave us addresses in Chinese so we we dont face difficulty with Taxis.
The pool was quite nice, though there were no other people when I visited. The shower and change areas was spacious and well equipped.
The buffet breakfast was a delight. Being a vegetarian, I did not face any problem and had plenty of choice. The service and staff was above par.
We had some issues with billing at time of check-out, which was handled and solved in a professional manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre is an exclusive international 5-star hotel located on Huanshi Road East, the heart of downtown’s bustling commercial and shopping district. An airport express bus station is located at the hotel’s entrance, 7km to Guangzhou East Railway Station and walking distance 200m to Guangzhou Metro Station. The hotel features 460 well appointed guest rooms and suites with an extensive city or greenery view. Complimentary wi-fi and a collection of specialty pillows are on offer. Club floors with 73 rooms and suites offer personalized service and additional privacy for the needs of today’s busy executives. In addition, three superb restaurants and a lobby lounge are on offer, including Baiyuelou, a popular Cantonese restaurant featuring organic, fresh and healthy specialties; Fresh, all-day international dining hosted by engaging chefs in show-kitchens offers a lavish buffet selection; Hao Chi, a casual Asian restaurant, serving exquisite dim-sum, hand-made noodles and a variety of delicate snacks; and the Lobby Lounge, offering a relaxing atmosphere where guests can enjoy a variety of cocktails, fine wines and beers, as well as an array of your favorite appetizers. Over 2,000 sq meters of meeting space includes a 985 square-meter pillar-less Crystal Ballroom with an impressive 9 meter high ceiling. The Pearl Ballroom, Diamond Boardroom and 9 Jade function rooms feature state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre Hotel Guangzhou
- Guangdong International Hotel
- Guangdong International Guangzhou