“Need to brush up a little on English but eager to help”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #15 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Excellent, fast, complimentary wi-fi in the rooms as well as all over the hotel. Rather stingy with soap cakes.. only a single one provided and not added to for 3 days! Good breakfast spread. The first time I saw 5 different menu cards at their fine dine Chinese restaurant for dinner. The staff is eager to please, repeats exactly what you spoke in English, so you feel they have understood, though usually not the case.
Was happy that with your room key, you could travel to any floor, not only your own in the elevator!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear DrQuesh,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. All of your comments have been brought to the attention of our Department Heads and will be followed up on. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Guangzhou. Please let me know if you require any assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Decent hotel with nice large rooms, service in cafe rather slow and language issues for some staff due to lack of English. Main issue was the elevator system for floors 40 and above-only 4 elevators were very insufficient! Took 15-20 min to come down to lobby in the morning as generally very slow

• Stayed: November 2013
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear dkemt,

Your feedback is very valuable for us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I have shared your feedback to all department leaders to review and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is the only way we can improve for our guests. I apologize for your poor experience with our elevator, all of the lifts have been under inspection and maintenence in the recent days. I hope we can rectify this for you and I hope you will trust to return to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed ther for 4 nights having booked 2 rooms. We were on 32nd floor. The rooms were nice but the toilets were excellent. Toilets were having seprate shower cabin & bathtub. It was super clean. Rooms had everything you need on business stay. But i wish rooms could be more cheerful by adding little colours. The buffet breakfast was a huge spread & staff very helpful. Though we arrived 3 A.M. in morning, check in was swift. Only problem was that they did not provided adjescent rooms. I requested them many times but it was of no use. The hotel management should look into this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank guru1050

Dear Guru1050,

Thank you for submitting you feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. I am pleased to hear that from your smooth check to the nice rooms and enjoayble breakfast, that you were happy with your stay. We hope you will choose to return in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and found it to be very comfortable. The rooms are modern and well decorated and the buffet breakfast and dinner served on the 5th floor provided a good range of options. The bar area in the downstairs lobby provides a useful meeting point and the opportunity to grab a coffee or a beer at the end of the day. The central location would be very useful for anyone looking to spend some time in the city centrer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peterokUk
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear peteroUK,

Here at the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre we are so pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests. It is so nice to hear such glowing comments regarding our rooms, breakfast, Lobby Lounge and even our conveniently central location. We look forward to welcoming you back, if I can offer and assistance with future bookings please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the crown we had the 40 th floor great view the hotel restaurants are top the food you can't fault being a ex chef I am sometimes a bit critical I am sure we gained a few kilos very central hotel for shopping etc a big fan of the crown chain of hotels have stayed in many about china all good

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Gordon600,

Thank you so much for your sharing your feedback. I am so happy that your stay at the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre was an enjoyable one for you and your wife. I will be happy to pass on your comment about the buffet, our Chef will be pleased, especially coming from and expert opinion. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Kind regrads,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed two nights at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre during the Canton Fair. The hotel was very busy and I was upgraded to an apartment which was very big, including a separate living room and open kitchen, although I did not really have time to make use of them.

Hotel breakfast was good, many choices were available and staff were generally helpful and polite. Room was clean and comfortable. Location was central and you could get taxi at the taxi stand, although there was a queue all the time but you know you would be able to get one. It seemed impossible to get a taxi on the street in Guangzhou now.

The cost was very high because of the Canton Fair. Service was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear kolukolu,

Thank you for taking your time to offer your feedback about your stay during the Canton Fair period. I am happy to hear that you found the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre to be a good business hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of trying to get a taxi in the city, it is a very busy time in Guangzhou and there are many people trying to get taxis. For future if you need special transportation arrangements our hotel concierge will be happy to make car bookings for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My third visit to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre and the second time visiting this hotel during the Canton fair with my family and I can honestly say that it is one of the best hotels in Guangzhou. I have been travelling to Guangzhou for business for 4 years and have stayed in a few of the hotels in this city and this hotel is by far my favourite. The rooms are fantastic I've now stayed in a standard king room, a king Club room and on this occasion I took my family to Guangzhou and stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment which for a family is great with it's own kitchenette, washing machine, a small lounge and 2 bathrooms, all the space you could ask for for a family of four while away.

I have read reviews where there are some complaints regarding the staff, thier knowledge of the surrounding areas and the quality of the buffet restaurant, I can honestly say that this is not something we encountered we have always found the staff at Crowne very knowledgeable on the area and very helpful to look assist us in any manner we require, as for the buffet we can not fault this at all, the quality of the food and choices are great, it has something for all guests from Western food, to traditional Chinese, Japanese and Indian, David the head chef is very helpful and makes you feel welcomed, as do all the staff at the buffet, even people with food allergies are catered for and for this I thank you once again for looking after my Daughters requirements as she has sever nut allergies and all staff were conscience of this at all times.

The staff at the hotel always try their best to make you feel comfortable in the hotel, given that me and my family speak no Mandrin it is nice to have people like Jenny, David and all the management staff to assist us during the times when language can sometimes become difficult.

I truly would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for making our visit a pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is intending to visit Guangzhou for business or pleasure, arriving there alone or with your family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lui_WA

Dear Lui_WA,

Wow! Thank you and what a treat it is to recieve your glowing feedback. We are so happy to know that you and your lovely family enjoyed your stay and will continue to return to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. We always look forward to your visits. Please keep in touch and please feel free to contact me if I can offer any assistance for future bookings. Like I mentioned to your wife, the girls will really love the circus show at the Chimelong Zoo and I can help make arrangements for this on your next stay. We are so looking forward to welcoming your entire family back.