“A GOOD QUALITY HOTEL”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #14 of 3,503 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were on a business trip to Guangzhou and stayed in the hotel for four days. It was a hectic trip as we had to travel for long period every day. Swimming pool and the spa were a good distraction after a long day of work. The staff were very cordial and could communicate with us in English well. Rooms were spacious and the layout very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear gugs2013,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

jenny.macdonald

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Not sure if its because of the culture here as its my first trip to Gangzhou, I did not find the hotel staff very welcoming even though we check in at late 11pm and there is no other guest at the check in counter. No one also bothered to help us with the luggage to the room. So we lugged the heavy luggage to the room all by ourselves.

The staffs are also not meticulous in their work in our opinion. We booked our guangzhou-hk train tickets through the concierge and set to collect it at 9pm on the same day. We were horrific when we saw that the boarding dates were wrong (an expired tickets) and we are due to leave the very next day. Though this was rectified the next day at 12pm (train leaves at 345pm), we were surprised that no staff (the one who collected the tixs from the agent and the one who passed us the tickets) bothered to check through before handing this to us for the first time. I am not sure what will happen if we did not check at the onset and presented these tickets at the train station. There was also not much apology from the staff for the above error.

Lastly, we accidentally left a jacket which we treasure, in the room. We tried to email the hotel about it, hoping that they may have found and kept it under lost and found. But alas, no response from the hotel on this. This is really disappointing.

The room itself was great with a couple-sized bath tube so it was good. Everything was also working fine with quality finishes in room. Just one thing on the house keeping, we went back one day and found the windows opened! Probably the housekeeper forgot to close it but as our room is located at a pretty high floor (level 27), i find it pretty scary to have to close the windows ourselves.

The above ratings are purely for the quality room provided (for its great!) and none for the service. I would consider to stay in this hotel again only if their service has improved.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet81

Dear Janet81,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I am so sorry to hear of the inconveniences caused to you during your stay. Please contact me directly and I would like to find out the details of these cases and help to find out why no response was issued and if we can locate the coat. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

suppose to stay for 3 night , but was force to leave earlier due to the hotel is fully book on the last day. Had stay once before , not much to complain at , check in is fast , didn't encounter a problem, the breakfast buffet is ok, ( nice to chef david , still at helm ) , had a nice chat with Jenny M . , who is busy manning the breakfast counter . the room is ok and clean which is very important for me. The reason why I like to stay at crown plaza city centre , bec it's very convenient for me to go to my suppliers in shoe city ( just a bus ride ) and just across the street Japanese own department store and supermarket, in case I need some basic items

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank afc45
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear afc45,

It is so nice to receive your message and it was so nice to meet you. I am sorry that that our occupancy was full for the duration of your stay due to Canton fair. I am happy to here that you should be returning soon and we will be happy to accomidate you as always! It is our pleasure to serve you and happy to hear that our loction is conveniently located close to your office. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Guangzhou!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

i was on a business trip to Guangzhou. I spend three night in crowne plaza city centre. it was nice to stay with crowne plaza. the room was amazing and the bathroom was quiet big. I enjoyed my stay. the coffee shop was not too big.....but was ok. the staff was helpful.

Room Tip: the room and bathroom was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sohilsm,

It is so nice to receive such positive feedback and comments from our loyal guests. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I am writing this from the relaxed atmosphere of the club lounge before heading to Hong Kong . I have stayed this trip for 5 days and the service and staff has been first class as it has been on my previous visits. A special mention to James the Guest Services Manager who is very helpful and looks as though he is really enjoying his job. Rooms on club floor are huge. clean and nicely decorated. All the hotel is well maintained . Only criticism is the dining room is a little uninspiring to look at as against other top hotels. Membership status is also recognised.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MSManc

Dear MSManc,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I'm so happy to hear you were relaxing in the lounge and found the service great. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Gunagzhou City Centre!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After a disappointing experience elsewhere, we checked into the Crown Plaza for our remaining 2 nights in Guangzhou and were very pleased that we did. Everything about our stay at this hotel was "simply fabulous". Staff are very well trained and just so efficient and polite. Every operational service that we experienced was possibly the best ever. Management is to be congratulated on maintaining a fantastic place to stay. I am sure that our room must have been upgraded as it was very large, roomy and so comfortable, everything worked and service was impeccable. Even on checkout, when I didn't rember to collect my credit card, staff provided exceptional service and actually contacted the taxi that we departed in (how I don't know), and we returned to collect the card. Thank you so much, a memorable and a pleasure to stay at the Crown Plaza, City Centre, Guangzhou.

we departedstaff

Room Tip: The only place to stay in Guangzhou
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear RockyJ,

It is our pleasure to have you in our hotel and so wonderful to receive this great feedback from our guests. I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience in the previous hotel but it is so great to hear that our team could turn that around for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guaungzhou City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel after almost a year. I selected this hotel again mainly because of its location and because of great hospitality. Staff is very courteous and very helpful. I stayed there for 4 nights and this time I booked for Club floor and its really worth for money spent. Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable and modern design, all facilities.
Breakfast at club lounge is really very good with lot of choice, but being vegetarian (not even sea food) I wish for some more variety in Vegetarian dishes, but otherwise, its really good.
Location as I mentioned earlier is excellent. Its just opposite is a big departmental store and super market and even cinema theater. One of the best Indian food restaurant is just across the road. Foot overbearing is just at entrance of the hotel so very easy to cross to other side. There is money changing machine at hotel only otherwise there are plenty of banks near hotel. Famous friendship store and other branded good market is also at walking distance.
Overall, I love this hotel and definitely going to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Atycoon
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Atycoon,

Our entire team is so pleased to receive great feedback from our loyal guests. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I am so glad that you enjoy the location and the convenience of the restaurants in our neighbourhood. We also have a new Indian Chef and Arabic Chef in Fresh All Day Dining to help personalize for special dietary needs of all of our guests. We thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and look forward to welcoming you back.