“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jaipur, India
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Hello,

Lets start immediately, had gone with my business colleagues to this hotel. We stayed here from 27th May to 1st June. We had taken 4 rooms there.

Rooms were quite big and comfortable. Alot of space to move around.

Bathroom was also huge with a big cubicle and a tub separate. Only problem was that hey should have checked the lock of the bathroom before they alloted us the room. Because the lock was not working.

Overall the staff was very courteous and very helpful except for one bell boy whose name I dont remember. That guy guy taunted me some name which he shouldnt have while crossing me in the lobby. It was quite irritating amd u screamt and told him to mind his tongue and he said sorry and walked off and then started throwing attitude.

Too sad for such good hotel to have staff as these because of whom the hotel has to suffer.

The overall experince was Very Good but because of that incident I would not want to go to this hotel again. Would not recommend it also.

Cheers.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear KayDee85,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and amenities. However, I am troubled to hear that you had a negative experience from one of our staff. This is difficult for us to investigate and we would appreciate if you can contact me directly and let me know the details of this incident. This is not the standard we accept with our team and I would like to ensure we avoid this issue for yourself and any future guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

jenny.macdonald@gz63.cn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It's a amazing hotel, I have been staying for last 4 years and very clean, amazing breakfast, consistent Very high standard rooms and very good staff. Highly
Recommend. The place is centrally located in guangzhou and very accessible to do all business.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UtsavManjari
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Utsav Manjari,

I would just like to take a moment to thank you for offering your glowing feedback. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great hotel in the centre of Guangzhou. We stayed in the Clubclass rooms which were spacious and well appointed. Breakfast in the club room was lovely in the mornings and we avoided the queuing in the main restaurant as there was over 600 people booked in. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to help with any queries we had. Perfectly situated near to Metro and taxis service the hotel in abundance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TJFarinha
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear TJFarinha,

It is so pleasant to receive your lovely feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and a peaceful breakfast in the Club Lounge. As well as taking advantage of our convenient access to the metro. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

40 minutes from the airport gets you west central area great for visiting factories from Guangzhou to foshan. With great restaurants and bars close by to unwind at night. I didn't miss any World Cup action during my stay with the sports bar down the street!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Blair W
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Blair W,

It was a pleasant surprise to receive your kind and helpful feedback. I'm sure many future guests will find your comments useful during their stays. I agree we are conveniently located in the heart of City Centre and there is and abundance of night life. I am pleased to hear that you found the perfect spot! As always it is an honor to have you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance I can offer.

Kindest regards,
Watton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very good Hotel with polite and helpful English speaking staff.
Fantastic views although you can rarely see the sky because of the smog
Good in house Chinese restaurant.
They will also book your train tickets to get back to Hong Kong (make sure you give yourself plenty of time for the journey)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Colin N,

It is so great to receive your kind feedback and great advice for future guests. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future bookings.

Lenasia, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I normally stay here when visiting Gz. A wonderful hotel. Rooms are modern and so are the bathrooms. Breakfast is good but for guests requiring Halaal food, a little more care is required. We got a good rate of 688RMB as I think it's a quiet period right now. I was afforded the luxury of a generously late check out, courtesy of the duty manager due to a delayed flight. Much appreciated.
5 minute walk to the popular Sultan restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear AzTee,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our selection of halal food but I will pass on to the Chef your comment take care to the details. We were pleased to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Please don't get me wrong this is a great hotel and I have stayed here at least a two dozen times, i travel to Guangzhou quite often and a friend of mine who lives in the city books my room for me, so we arrive at the hotel as normal at 1.00 am in the morning very tired on the 21st may 2014, now every other time i have stayed here the room costs me 1200 rmb including club benefits but this time for some unkown reason I am told it will be 1890rmb per night and 2500 rmb each night for last two nights because some fair in the city starts on that day, as a regular you can imagine I felt like I was being ripped off so after some ten minutes of discussion but to no avail they still wanted the same amount of money, loyalty meant nothing to these people. I refused to be robed and told them I did not want the room so we travelked not more than 500 metres down the road to see if I could get a room at a honel called the Baiyun Hotel and even though it was 1.00 am in the morning they had a room for 1000 rmb and every bit as good as the crown plaza the whole hotel is every bit as good so guess where I will be staying when I am in this city again which is at least 6 times a year

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vitmit
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Vitmit,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am so sorry for the confusion with the rates and I apologize that this was a stressful encounter for you. This is not the impression we would like you to leave our hotel with. With the amount of stays that you have it may be much easier for you if we offer a corporate rate for you in appreciation of your loyalty. If this is something that would be of interest to you please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to help. We really do hope you can trust to return to our hotel and we can avoid issues like this in the future. Thank you for your consideration.