“Probably one of the best hotels in Guangzhou!”

Crystal Orange Hotel Guangzhou Taojin
Ranked #77 of 3,521 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This Holiday Inn in the city centre is perfectly located close to most city attractions. The food is amazing and the breakfast is a saving grace when all other local hotels offer only a chinese breakfast in the morning. The staff is courteous and goes out of the way to help you out for anything you need. If you book well in advance you get a great deal. The airport bus stops right in front of the hotel and there is a pick up and drop off every half hour. Bang opposite the entrance of the hotel is an Indian restaurant called HAVELI that throws out finger licking good food. A must try!

Some things to do and places close to the hotel in the evening :
Beijing Lu : Shopping Street (by taxi 10 - 15 minutes from hotel)
Ida Lu : Toys and Electronic Market (by taxi 25 minutes)
Nang Fang Dasha : Cell phones and accessories market (by taxi 25 minutes, close to Ida Lu)
Teem Mall : Brands etc (by taxi 20 minutes)
Kama Club : Night Club (by taxi 5 minutes)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sumitminocha

Reviewed 30 April 2011

The hotel is good..but the charges are high. They charge based on their charges in Hong Kong..
Not value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I had read the reviews of this property prior to my visit and expected a dirty property in need of a refurbish. However, I was pleasantly surprised, and found it to be a nice property for the value. It's big and in a nice location, and has good facilities. It's certainly an up-to-standard HI in China and is a good choice for GZ if you can't pay for the Hyatt or Westin. Wondering when the new IC will be opening up here...

Reviewed 14 March 2011

Stayed for 3-4 nights in oct 2010 during the canton fair. Very convenient if you are coming for the fair as this hotel is authorised for it and has transportation facilities to the fair grounds. Very centrally located and within 5-15 minutes of most shopping malls, hotels and restaurants. Restaurant, hotel staff, service, rooms are very average and really you do not think anything is outstanding apart from its location

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2011

After reading the recent review from an unhappy guest, I was reluctant to keep my reservation for this hotel, but I did and I am happy that I did.
In a visit more than 6 months ago, I questioned this hotel as a Holiday Inn branded property. I am now happy to say this has improved quite a bit.
The location continues to be very useful for all forms of transportation and centrally located in the city.
My check in was smooth and fast and I was impressed with abundance of staff speaking English at reception and in fact in all depts I had contact with.
This is change from my past experiences.
My room was large and comfortable. Nice linens and bed comfort too. Tiny bathroom was upgraded and fine. Previous old worn rooms have or are being upgraded. My only complaint in the room was the flat screen TV seemed oddly too small for the room size, but it was new and offered more English channels than I recall.
I have to mention outstanding service by housekeeping, something I rarely comment on. Friendly, helpful and courteous!
I had a burger at the lobby bar. Food was great, but they seem to suffer from lack of experience and I had to ask for many little things. When I found my dessert was frozen and it was not supposed to be, it was complicated to have it removed from the bill. The management has cancelled the live music groups from this year. It made the place quite boring and I saw a number of people come and leave while I ate. Staff was fine, but I think they wished they had more customers.
I had breakfast two days and found the options varied and plentiful. Buffet was set up for western and asian. Much larger selection than in past and well maintained by staff.
My only negative recollection is the checkout. My bill was wrong and I realized they had given me the wrong room bill. Very long process to resolve, but the person was cooperative and professional.
Overall - best visit for me in a long time. Management has made good changes.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2011

in september i visited china for the first time - i stayed at two hotels before this and it was absolutely difficult to understand staff at the hotels because of the language barrier. i moved to the holiday inn in guangzhou and was so relieved because all staff spoke english very well and assisted with travel arrangements and foreign exchange as well.

the rooms were very clean and airconditioned. the breakfast is real value for money and has a good balance of everything you need to get through the day. they usually have a l ive band on most nights or a jazz singer in the lounge, which is quite entertaining after a long tiring day. the hotel is central to all malls and restaurants and taxi's are always parked outside.

there is a beautiful little indian restuarant outside the hotel, called haveli, i enjoyed dinner here most nights:-) and loved the atmposphere.

the hotel has a spa situated inside, but it looked too dodge for me and i wouldnt recommend the spa (think it is not part of this hotel group)

if you stay longer, you get a better discount. i love this little hotel and will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2011

i stayed in this hotel many times but now it become the worst hotel in town , when i arrived there by taxi,nobody helped me to take my bags inside! than the room was very old and dirty( in my reservation was written new renovated rooms ! ) no they give me the oldest one , i booked business room (what ever that means ) , i supposed to be upgraded due to my platinum membership in there customer program but nothing happened , they told me as i asked for a quiet room ,sorry sir the upgrade is to loud room , so i took the normal room (mistake big mistake !) , the room cleaning was very bad and slow , food in the restaurant only can use buffet no menu selection ect ect ect
NO MORE HOLIDAY INN GUANGZHOU CITY CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!