“good Hotel”

Ranked #246 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Toronto, Canada
“good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was in this hotel for four days I book three rooms. The service is excelent, good staff, and veery good location
clean room clean washroom ,everything is great and we will come back, we all from canada
my name, k, walia

Room Tip: higher floor , city veiw
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Nothing fancy about this hotel: there's a mattress for you to sleep on, a toilet for you to solve your daily problems, and a shower for you to clean yourself.......oh, and there's a TV too! Other than that, do not expect anything more.

Service? If you can speak Chinese like myself, you'll get most of the things that you ask for. My friend doesn't speak Chinese, so he hardly got anywhere when communicating with the hotel staffs.

Location? Good location, right by Guangzhou Railway Station, and the subway station with the same name located along the subway line 2.

The hotel is acceptably clean for the most part (please pay attention to my generous wording), but the fact that this hotel is quite old (my father recommended this hotel to me, based on his memories of it as a brand new hotel in the 1970s!) inevitably means the hotel rooms and corridors are aged with normal wears and tears, and the "old carpet odour" exist throughout the entire hotel, no matter where you end up wandering to.

There's a little convenient store right in the lobby selling snacks / beverages / daily essential needs.

Bottom Line: Just as many other reviews suggested: Average hotel with a good location, and the reason I chose it was because they only wanted $500 Yuan per night (roughly $70 USD).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I suppose the type of room will make or break your stay here. I booked 2 standard rooms via pricelines no name hotel . When i checked i requested to see the rooms first, Rooms were awefull, carpets were filthy, bathrooms were old etc. I went back downstairs and insisted i wanted a non smoking room with a king size bed. as requested in my email to the hotel. As they were full with this type of standard rooms, they upgraded me to the delux rooms. Now this was proper 4 stars and my whole feeling to the hotel changed. Reception spoke english, were helpffull in giving me directions etc. I even changed money everyday at the hotel. No poblems emcountered at all and will definitely recommend the delux or executive rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed for the canton fair for US$95/Night. Price was decent, location was good because its next to a main subway station. Its also close to the wholesale markets if youre into that.

Other than this its just BAD: Beds are EXTRA HARD, bathrooms are old and not in good conditions, carpets are dirty, dusty and smelly. Staff is average with poor english. They have a huge control on who goes into the rooms.

Lobby is ok, restaurants are ok, Neighborhood is crowded during the day and lonely at night.

Good stay for a budget price and a good location. Will search for another hotel for my next stay.

Room Tip: Double bedrooms have HARD BEDS. Maybe the One King Size has a softer bed, but i did not verify this...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Guangzhou hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I recently put up at this hotel during my visit ..
Pricing : As it was during Canton Fair, the rooms were over priced.. Otherwise rates are nominal, considering the hotel amenities..
Staff : Staff was helpful.. Even though I could communicate only in English while staff largely were Chinese speaking, still they tried to communicate and help,,
One advice,, If you book through a travel agent, do take a confirmation mail from the hotel directly as my confirmed booking through a reputed travel site was not accepted,, So I had to do on spot booking..
Location and Connectivity :
As its just above the Guangzhou Rly stn Subway and opposite Guangzhou Railway Stn, its well connected to Airport and Rlwy Stations..
For fair tourists, its very conviniently connected to Canton Fair ground by subway.. Hotel also has free shuttle service .. By Subway, it takes around 35 - 40 mins to reach fair and costs less than 10 RMB
For other business travellers, its perfect locations as the clothes. accessories & watch wholesale market is at walking distance.
Food : For vegeterians, very limited option
Services : Good and prompt.. If you do not know Chinese, its a bit of challenge

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Prague
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The hotel has a good location for a business BUT there are so many other hotels in surrounding. We were not satisfied - rooms should be renovated. But the rooms were not the main trouble. The staff is rude!!
1. We gave deposit 500 Euro and by the check-out the receptionist said "we don´t accept euro". We changed commonly Euro in the last days and we knew Euro IS acceptable everywhere (mainly if they took deposit). I gave him Dinners Club card and he said it is not possible to pay with!!!!!! We called the hotel manager because we had no cash and they didn´t want to accept Euro and the Dinners Club card. He left us there to stay and NOTHING, absolutely no tendency to help and find a solution. The manager came, took my Dinners Club, the paymant was accepted!!!!! But nobody said sorry or we appologize. No good bye.
2. We were three people and we ordered one big taxi to the airport. (Normally the standard taxi size is for one luggage only, therefore we really stressed to order a big car for three adults and luggage). We asked specially twice and verified it. After the deal with the check out they said they ordered a common taxi so we had to pay to cars to the airport instead of one!!!!!!! Again, no appologize, no I´m sorry, no compensation for the second car.

I´m sure if I travel there again in the future, I will book another hotel. The service is absolutely bad and arrogant.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hana K
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I've stayed there a couple of times. The hotel is clean and the location is excellent for business (clothing wholesale markets and railway station are just a few steps away). However, there is no swimming-pool and breakfast is normally not included in price. You can buy it additionally in the hotel, but I advise going outside - nearby the hotel the food is cheaper and very tasty.
The connection to the Internet is not so well lately - it's slower than it used to be. It's in every room, but unfortunately, there is no WI-FI - only wired. However, in overall, I recommend staying in the hotel.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business