“Great stopover stay”

The Garden Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #11 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a great hotel to stop at whilst we were transiting in Guangzhou. The hotel is so grand and the lobby is so beautiful. There's even a HSBC in the same complex to get cash as soon as you arrive! It's also just across the road from a 24hr Starbucks! The staff were so pleasant and helpful and the grounds around the hotel were lovely. We had a fabulous stay and would recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karina M
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Karina M,
Thank you for taking your time in reviewing your stopover stay.
I’m happy to hear that we’ve made your transit a great stopover at the hotel. It seems you have discovered quite a lot of the hotel while staying with us.
During your next transit here in Guangzhou, there’s a lot more for you to discover from our culinary offerings all the way to our suites.
In case you are planning a follow-up visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. I’d be happy to assist with anything you may require.

There are newer reviews for The Garden Hotel Guangzhou

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very nice hotel just outsider the city centre of Guangzhou. An impressive lobby and a nice welcome. Comfortable room. Wellness including swimming pool was good. Excellent breakfast and also the Chinese specialties restaurant was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robby D

Dear Robby D,
Thank you very much for your short but rewarding review.
I’m glad to hear that during your recent visit, you’ve enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. Your comments and feedback will gladly be shared with our Operations Team which they will be happy to hear about.
In case you are planning your next visit to the Garden Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 while we completed our adoption. We LOVED this place. Everything was topnotch. I so appreciate this hotel, staff and the location. The customer service representative met us in the lobby and so graciously gave our new adopted daughter a backpack full of goodies that she dearly loved and held onto. What a nice gesture.

3  Thank Sherri A
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

"Dear Sherri A,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us while processing your paperwork here in Guangzhou.
The backpacks are a symbol of appreciation for families who are staying with us. The most popular item inside is the stuffed panda which most kids love. It seems to be the case for your daughter as well.
I wish you all the best for you and your family and hope to welcome you back to the Garden Hotel someday.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 2 separate overnight stops on way to Malaysia. Pleasant hotel, suites clean and well equipped, but corridors give impression of wear and tear. Staff helpful. Would stay here again, but a little out of the way for the International airport.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank WanderingGekko

Dear Gekko2476,
Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent stays with us.
I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us during your recent layover here in Guangzhou.
In regards to the corridors, we are currently running a renovation project which is covering all areas of the hotel. From guest rooms to function rooms, all the way to our restaurants. This is all done step-by-step, so I hope once you return to the Garden Hotel, you will find a brand-new product to discover the new Garden Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I frequently visit Guangzhou and I always choose the Garden Hotel as my preferred accommodation. From arrival at the front door where I’m being recognized and greeted all the way through Check-in and my stay, the staff here is very attentive and helpful. The breakfast is a good spread and has lots of different items to offer to start my day the right way. The environment in the restaurant is clean and the food is great!
My room was always made up nicely and the turn-down in the evening is thoughtful. Make sure you go for the Executive Floors with its benefits. They even provide a complimentary pick-up or drop-off with those benefits.
Guests are well looked after in this hotel and I would definitely recommend for friends or business associates to stay here! Definitely 5 Star experience!!”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Andrea S
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Andrea S,
Thank you for taking your time in reviewing your stays with us.
I’m delighted to learn about your stay experiences that you’ve had with us.
Your comments will be shared with our Operations Team who will be glad to hear about the attentiveness that has been extended to you throughout your stays.
In case you are planning your next trip to Guangzhou and the Garden Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I just spent four nights in this hotel, but I will never go back to this hotel again. 1) This hotel has cockroaches crawling on the counter top in the breakfast buffet restaurant where the food is located everyday. There are also cockroaches crawling on the floor of a different restaurant in the same hotel. 2) We requested to have one week of laundry done in the hotel by filling out their laundry form. Instead of doing the laundry for us as requested, the hotel did dry clean on our clothes, and charged us per item of clothing, including socks, for a total of $2700 RMB. After complaining to the manager, they gave us a discount - the final charge was $2200 RMB (US 357.00) for T shirts, underwear, and socks. 3) They charged us US10.00 for one page of photocopy in the hotel. 4) The service in the restaurant was terrible and staff was less than non-attentive.

56  Thank R C
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

"Dear R C,
First of all, I would like to extend a sincere apology for the incidents that happened during your recent stay with us.
Secondly, I would like to say thank you for taking your time in reviewing your family’s stay with us.

In regards to the mentioned insect issue, especially during the summer time, we keep close communication on a daily basis with our pest control company.
Unfortunately, you experienced exactly what we are trying to prevent. Please rest assured that we take this issue seriously and we’re consistently working on this issue with all concerned departments.

Your laundry issue has become an unexpected oversight by our Laundry Department. If the amount of laundry as well as the charges exceed a certain amount, we should have reached out to you based on our internal procedure prior to washing your clothes. I am certain that the situation would have been solved to your satisfaction while you were still in the hotel.

In regards to our Business Center and the charges that were billed to your account, I’ve checked with the relevant departments.
Unfortunately I was not able to trace a USD10 charge for a copy (black and white) as our current pricing stands at RMB2 per page.

For the mentioned issues in regards to our restaurant service, I have forwarded your comments to our Operations Teams for further investigation.
On behalf of the team here, I would like to extend again a sincere apology for the inconveniences this has caused you during your stay.

As I read through all reviews here personally, I am always happy to read about a positive stay from our guests who enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.
Furthermore, I am also reading through those reviews which are on the negative side as I am certain that we are able to deliver a better stay experience.

For your recent stay, we failed to deliver that experience based on your needs for you and your family.
In order for me to personally apologize, please send me your contact details to my email below as I would like to resolve those mentioned issues with you personally rather than on an online conversation.

Please rest assured that all your comments have been taking seriously and into consideration.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the incidents that have caused your negative experience.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I adopted two children from China and stayed here for 6 nights as we processed through the US Consulate and were very happy with every part of our stay. The staff was great and very accommodating, and the property was absolutely beautiful. There were plenty of things nearby to walk to that include shops and dining. Staying here with two new children was the best way we could have ended our trip to China.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra costs, especially for extended stays.
6  Thank ConcreteEric
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

"Dear ConcreteEric,
I’m glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay during your recent visit to the Garden Hotel.
I’m glad to hear that you had a problem-free stay due to our attentive staff and our hotel’s products.
We have over 10 years of experience with adopting parents and are happy to provide this knowledge for every single family that is staying with us.
On behalf of the team here, I would like to thank you for your appreciation and wish you and your family all the best.

"