“Great 2 night stay at Guangdong Victory Hotel”

Guangdong Victory Hotel
Ranked #32 of 3,521 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Booked 2 nites Business room at East wing (Non smoking floor -5th floor). It was abt 35min from GZ North Bullet Train station & taxi cost abt $80-$100 (remember to take GZ taxi as some of my frens took Panyu or other town cabs & need to change cab after <10min again). Need to place deposit at CNY500/room by cash/credit card though bill is fully paid in advance.

Hotel was great and got rooms as requested (non-smoking, twin bed). Bed was comfortable, with 2 soft pillows (personally i prefer firmer ones). Come with hot & cold water dispenser so just need to top up into yr existing water bottle/cup provided. Abt 10min walk to Shang Xia Jiu Jie (one of the shopping belt where Holiday inn & the Huangsha train station is located).
There is a 7-11 to the right of hotel & a Chinese massage 5-10min left to the hotel (1hr foot/shoulder massage CNY88 only, additional 1 hr body massage is total CNY168 only). Surrounding is great with trees and nice sculptures, and also Starbucks nearby. Didnt venture far as it was a short stay.Book 12 seater van from hotel to GZ airport at CNY400 (my fren say see fr tel directory but we paid thru hotel). Good value for money- will definitely stay here again for short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking floors for non-smokers.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I loved the hotel. We only stayed for three nights and made an early checked out because its very far away from the places I wanted to visits during my tripe. The room is clean, staff are excellent and friendly. Not far away from Pearl River. I noticed many foster parents American families who came to China to adopt Chinese children.
I have nothing negative about the hotel except it’s far from my points of interests and taxi take forever to take me from to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed for two nights in August 2011, for $75 per night including taxes (Orbitz). Decent rooms, not large but also not small, with the usual amenities. Seemed clean. Hard beds, as is common in China, but I like it that way. Nice and helpful staff with decent English skills.

Nice breakfast buffet included. On Shamian Island, so great if you want to stay there; to get to the subway to go elsewhere, you have to walk about 10 minutes and across two bridges to the Huang Sha subway station.

Would consider taking this hotel again if staying in Guangzhou, depending on price and purpose of trip. Not a bad choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I chose this hotel thanks to Trip Advisor. The location is perfect and out of the hustle and bustle of Guangzhou while still being very central. Everything felt very colonial and I enjoyed the ambiance of the Island. There is a Starbucks just around the corner.

I had a room on the 5th floor and the furnishings were lovely. The 5th Floor is NO SMOKING. I did go onto one of the smoking floors and found that to be awful. I think that it is very important that you request NON SMOKING when you make your reservation.....

My only complaint was that I had a small issue with mosquitoes in my room which I used the free English language newspaper to deal with and I found that the hotel bar was ludicrously expensive.

There is a massage parlour/hair dressers in the hotel by the entrance of the lifts and pretty Chinese girls would try to entice me in every time I walked past with offers of massages and even a 'happy massage' which I respectfully declined... It was not exactly what I expected to be contained in an upmarket hotel in China.

If you are looking for a proper traditional massage then along the street (just before you get to bridge that you cross over to the metro) is a traditional Chinese herbalist and massage centre. I went there and had the most amazing back massage/manipulation. This Chinese doctor really sorted out my back. I was really grateful. Well worth the visit. I left feeling very happy but I think a different sort of happy than I would have experienced at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and i stayed here in May and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean and very close to all of the shopping pedestrian streets by metro. The metro station is within walking distance, so we didn't need a taxi to go to the places that we wanted. The metro is much cheaper then the taxis about RMB13 upward. The staff are all freindly and speak English which is great! The two ladies in the business centre were very helpful when it came to giving directions. The porter helped us to get a cheaper taxi from the hotel to the airport as we had alot of luggage. This was the only time we needed a taxi. The taxi driver was his friend hence the good rate. Breakfast was okay, a mixture of Chinese & Western Cuisine. Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikeyben
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is situated in a very posh and serene area. Rooms are large and cozy, and the hotel staff speak English and are extremely helpful. Breakfast is also fair enough. Overall, I was really impressed with the beautiful green area the hotel was situated in and ofcourse the hotel itself! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful holiday in Guangzhou.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is located on Shamian Island, an oasis of calm in busy Guangzhou. I stayed in the West building which is a completely different hotel from the East building. Rooms are modern and pleasant.
Staff are efficient and helpful, going to a little extra trouble to help with directions etc.
Breakfast is comprehensive and served in a beautiful airy room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Guangzhou hotels
Holiday Inn Shifu Guangzhou
#41 of 3,521 in Guangzhou
Rosedale Hotel & Suites
Rosedale Hotel & Suites
#89 of 3,521 in Guangzhou

Been to Guangdong Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Guangdong Victory Hotel

Address: No 53 Shamian North Street ; No.54 Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510130, China
Region: China > Guangdong > Guangzhou
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Best Value Hotel in Guangzhou
#36 Business Hotel in Guangzhou
Price Range: £36 - £72 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Guangdong Victory Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Guangdong Victory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Guangdong Victory Guangzhou