“Quite Difficult to reach,”

La Perle International Hotel
Ranked #53 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed there for a night because of Canton Fair, the room rate is comparatively fair, there are shuttle bus to fair ground, the room was clean and neat..

However, hotel is located at Tianhe area but quite difficult to locate even we used GPS; the wifi was super hard to connect when I used mobile, though laptop was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Perle International Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

1) Unstable internet connection, there's no other facilities in the hotel. Only good point about this hotel is near to Subway Station and Tianhe shopping area.
2) Not easy to locate the hotel as it's not beside the main road but behind a small street. Local taxi driver had hard time to locate this hotel.
3) There's also no safety box and fridge in the room.
4) Build in 2012, the road to the hotel is very small. Still can hear some noise outside although i am staying at level 22.
5) Bathroom and toilet separated. Room a bit small
6) No facility or swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been very disappointed by the way this hotel rips off people like us who don't speak Chinese. We booked this hotel through booking.com and I requested the hotel receptionist a late check out said that it was fine for us to check out at 2pm. After a long wait at the counter to we tried to check out with two receptionists who didn't speak any English. We were then sent to another person didn't speak English either who billed me and made me sign a a credit card voucher in RMB which I assumed was for the right amount in dollars as per my biking. The invoice was written in Chinese and the only words writen in English were "Room service". When I came back home and checked my credit card statement in dollars I realised that I had been charged almost 50% more by the hotel. When I got the bill translated into English I realised they had charged me for the late check out which was supposed to be free. I contacted booking.com to get this sorted out and they said that when they contacted the hotel they explained that the charge had been done because we had checked out after 2pm. By now there's nothing I can do to get my money back. However I want to alert people who get attracted by the bargain price listed on booking.com that this is basically a scam.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jaime N
Reviewed 7 June 2013

they same never judge a book by its cover and although the L a Perle has a lovely cover the inner pages are dog eared crumpled, mixed up and at time written in a totally different language.
For a Hotel that boast them selves on being international it is far from that i am afraid.
From booking to check out and beyond it seems they have let us down.
A premium charge from a non premium hotel it seems.
This si the second time i stayed at la perle following its opening last year. the good rates and a last minute decision helped us choose the first time which was fine. 6 months later we returned. I can list off the things we had to deal with, gas leak, black out, plumbing leak, missing booking all errors, mistakes and understandable just a pity they all happened to us. the issues them selves were not big however the way management chose to deal or should i say not deal with them was really disappointing to say the least. I have taken it up with the management so i wont bother you all with it but ti just seemed as though the staff smily and helpful as they were had not procedure or protocol to go by and no management to support or guide them.
my confirmed booking via email at a set price was even not valid.... they called and said the price had gone up, twice.... then the cheek when my colleagues checked in with out announcing the booking i had already made the got a cheaper price than they quoted me. upon check out they put it up again.......... I wont stay there unless booked and paid in advance and willing to put up with the small griefs expecting no help.

Room Tip: ask from that that is on a floor with full airconditioning and ask if there are outstanding maintena...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was for three business days, an excellent hotel, . I think it should work just a little more that the reception staff improve their English lenguage and the restaurante chief must be more applied in the breakfast service bufete. I Was very impressed with the friendliness of the lady who cleans the elevators, congratulations. The price - quality rate is very high. The area to enter to the hotel is a bit bat in according with western ways. Highly recommended for western visitors.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Hotel is brand new but not 100% finished. Only had 2 issues in our room 1) closet rail (for hangers) were missing, and 2) the TV service was cut off for a few hours (missed the marathon bombing news). Duty manager quickly went up, explained the cause & apologized (important). She gave us RMB100 coupons which we used for foot massage (excellent) and semi-buffet dinner.
Far from the Exhibition Center but there are free shuttle buses. Hotel location is off the main road. Good for less noise & dust. Bad to find a taxi but the bellboy can get it.
Rm 1221 has no bathtub but that's how I like it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Noel D
Reviewed 17 March 2013

It is new, modern but no taxi driver can find it. And once you are there no taxi is available to get you somewhere else. It not that the door staff isn't helpful but they don't know how to tell "Grand Hyatt" or "Shangri La" to the taxi driver....

There is no F&B outlet here worth to speak of. I asked for a draft beer and pointed at the Stella pump. They didn't want to know so I walked out....

Leave it to the locals unless you wanna hide out somewhere!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business