“Impressed”

Ranked #2 of 3,436 Hotels in Guangzhou
Palm Springs, California
“Impressed”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This W is not like the US W's. It was bright and open, yet still hip and fun. The rooms are luxurious and have all the bells and whistles. Food is great and service was friendly. location is good. The room has great technology, you can access everything from the bedside control panel.
Great WiFi and rooms are very quiet!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello Slwhite900,
Glad to receive your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. We’re delighted to hear that you had a great dining and accommodation experience. We hope to see you back at W Guangzhou.
Best wishes,
Peter Katusak-Huzsvar,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hands down the nicest W I've ever seen. Fantastic dramatic lobby filled with art and modern furnishings impresses with its sheer height . Smooth check in thanks to helpful and gracious staff. Surprisingly low rate in comparison to Hong Kong for such a quality hotel.

The rooms are spectacular with high ceilings and sleek black lacquer entryways that leads you to the bedroom. On the way down this hallway is a sink and toilet (full on Japanese automation) in its own room and then another shower room with two sinks and large shower and bath. Finally you enter the large main room with nicely laid out desk area with plugs and connections easily accessible. The whole thing feels like a luxurious private apartment, not a hotel room. The details are all there. I hope it holds up to guest abuse but at the moment, the hotel is new and gorgeous.

Our stay was short so we did not use many of the facilities but they looked great as well.

This hotel gets the highest marks of any that I've ever reviewed. 5 stars in every category. Will definitely return if my travels take me back to Guangzhou.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hello g4480,
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our design and facilities are your liking, as well as our team impressed you so much! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon at W Guangzhou.
Best wishes,
Peter Katusak-Huzsvar,
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We arrived by train from Hong Kong and got a taxi at the station to take us to the hotel. The lobby is fantastic with the massive waterfall and huge space.

Prior to check-in we went to the Japanese restaurant to enjoy a combination of sushi and sashimi and it was absolutely delicious as well as beautifully presented

Check in was smooth and the room very spacious with a large bathroom and good city views.

We also enjoyed the club when coming back after dinner. The staff was kind enough to grant us a late checkout the following morning, and we needed it!

All in all the best W we have stayed at after Bali and Hong Kong.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Hello MicheleGiraudo,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at W Guangzhou. We are happy to know you liked the food in I By Inagiku, your arrival experience was smooth, enjoyed staying in the room and had fun in our bar. To be recognized as the best hotel is extremely gratifying. Thanks again and looking forward to having you back again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This morning i checked in at this hotel for the 2nd time. I was welcome by friendly and happy staff and GM came by to say hi as well. No problem for an early check-in and got exactly the same room as i had last time i stayed here. As an SPG platinum i got a fabulous suite.

Room is fantastic, everything works, is clean, comfortable and gives an overall Fab feeling. Now all of this wouldn't work if staff would suck. Not sure how they recruited but it seems like all of their staff is selected because of a talent they have. It is real, not fake. They love what they are doing and are being motivated to develop themselves. You feel the passion that they love working here and that gives a very satisfactory feeling as a guest.

As I'm writing this song i sit in the living room (also called lobby in other hotels) and the energy is great. Good DJ's playing sets and everyone i see commin in is taking pictures of the interior.

Travelling for work can be bothersome when you are not positively surprised by a hotel. Any Sheraton or Westin looks the same. W hotels keep on surprising you in a postive way and make duty travelling and advernture. I'm inspired and can't get enough of it! Don't stay here you'll get adicted.

1 Thank bergo
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello bergo,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W Guangzhou. I would also like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for your warming words on my team. I will certainly share this with all of them as they too will appreciate this immensely.

I look forward to your return.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recently I've traveled to Guangzhou to participate in the international fair.
I stayed at the W hotel and I confess it was the best choice I ever made.
The hotel is fantastic, but the difference really who did, were people working there.
The staff is extremely professional, but with a human touch unique.
Kindness, professionalism, caring for guests, everything was perfect.
Thanks to all at the W Guangzhou, I surely will talk about this wonderful hotel to all my friends and will be there next year. hugs

Room Tip: Talk with Martin in the reception
1 Thank Marcus S
Hello Marcus S,

Thank you sharing your great review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W Guangzhou. Thank you for your kind notes on my team. These are very valuable to me and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am from Hong Kong.
When we arrive to the hotel, no one are greeting us and no one point us to the check in counter. We just walk around at the lobby and found it by ourself.
On the next day we ask the Wheels counter for the location of "China Plaza", Someone told us that we can walk to there, but I search from Google map, it is 6-7km far away from W GZ. So we ask for an assisant to hire a taxi, but the guy said, we just stand near the taxi stands, the taxi would come, but we have language difficuty to communicate with the taxi driver, but no one assist.
On the check out date, we stand near the welcome counter and waiting for check out, a lady came and said we can sit on the sofa which near the W the store for waiting. After around 20 Min. no one inform me the count is free now. If I just sit and wait, I don't know when we can check out.
I think a 5 Stars hotel would not provide the above service, Please improve service and give more trainning to the front desk staff.
I like W Brand so much, hope the guest service will be improved at my next come.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tobee1109
Hello Tobee1109,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have noted your comments regarding the lack of guest services and communication. I have shared your feedback with the team and we have already organized additional trainings for service delivery and communication to exceed our guest expectations.

Should business or leisure bring you back to Guangzhou again, I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My mom and I went to W for afternoon tea. The lady in the entrance was nice, but misleading us to the wrong place for the afternoon tea. Woobar is located on the 1st floor but she told us 2nd floor is the right place.....

While we were waiting for the afternoon tea (it starts at 2:30pm but W guangzhou website says afternoon tea start at 2pm), my mom was tired so she told me that she wanted to take a nap while we are waiting for the seat. However, a young lady came and asked me that my mom can't have a nap in the lobby because its not appropriated to have a nap in the lobby. I don't understand how come I can't have a nap in the lobby while I am waiting for the seat for the afternoon tea. We are not the one just came into your hotel for the free air condition or wifi.....Its my first time to have a chance to go to W guangzhou, both of my mom and I thought it might have someone to bring us to the woobar,however, unfortunately , no one came to help us. The stuff made us felt shameful and uncomfortable. The behavior of the staff is more likely that I have to dress up to go to this hotel, I can't come with T-shirt and flip flop. I have been to taipei W, bangkok W and LA W...none of the hotel treat us with a horrible service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cookie3382013
Hello cookie3382013,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit to W Guangzhou. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your afternoon in our Woobar. Your feedback is important to us and I will certainly share this with the relevant heads of department . However, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss all the points mentioned by you in details. When possible, please contact me via email on peter.katusak-huzsvar@whotels.com so that we can discuss this.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.