“Unbelievable!”
Review of W Guangzhou

W Guangzhou
Ranked #6 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment you entered this beautiful hotel, your senses are heightened with the sweet fragrance sweeping the lobby and the playful display of the colorful waterfall. The young, professional reception staff checked me in quickly and made me feel so welcome, I'm liking the hotel more and more. Going up to my room, the trip is very quiet and entertaining with the lips doing its thing. The room was awesome, huge and impressive. Can't believe I'm in GZ in this beautiful hotel. The Lounge staff were so helpful and very attentive on your first visit they remember everything about your wants, that you get them as soon as you enter. Unbelievable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello Armee A,

We really appreciate for taking the time to share your comments. It is great to know that you had a good experience at W Guangzhou and you loved our design and decor very much.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at the W Guangzhou as a long-term guest on 2 separate trips. Spending the majority of my schedule traveling, I found that the staff in general has been professional, helpful, and attentive. I have stayed at 14 different W Hotels and the staff at this establishment has made my stay both enjoyable and efficient.

The restaurant; Kitchen Table offers a wide variety of fresh ingredients and selections that may accommodate all types of diets. The business center has been quite helpful in providing services for all road warriors. And while I have traveled within Mainland China on various occasions, the staff has continued to go above and beyond for making my journeys outside of the hotel easy and accessible. The willingness and genuine care of hotel guests, whatever the concern, has left a positive note allowing me to focus on my more important business or leisure concerns.

Lastly, the property has all of the amenities any 5-star hotel can offer. Spa, pool, and gym are fully equipped and the attendants are helpful. The location is ideally located in the center of the city. The bars, meeting points, and living-room lounge make it easy and accessible for guests and visitors alike. The value for the services provided and the friendly and professional staff have earned my returned stay if/when I return to Guangzhou.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Hello JoeyF888,

Thanks so much for your amazing comments! It’s great to hear that our staff looked after you beyond your expectations and made you return.

We look forward to see you soon again at W Guangzhou.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights about 2 weeks ago. This is actually the 6th W hotel which I have stayed and it really WOW me. The staffs were very friendly, professional and attentive. The suite which we had was nothing but fantastic. The hotel is located within a short drive to where we needed to go and walking distance to many restaurants. Big special thank you to Monica at front desk who ensured our stay was a memorable one. I would recommand this hotel to everyone and would definitately be back in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the suite as it is truely amazing...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Acez246,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. I would like to also thank you for your kind words on my team especially on Monica, which I’ll be sharing with them.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The second you stepped in the hotel, you would be attracted by the remarkable design of the lobby. As expected, the room looks stylish and was comfortable.

I was not feeling well that day and I could not cancel the booking since it was guaranteened. The check-in process was smooth but when I arrived the room, the wifi cannot be connected, there was no one picking up the phone so I went down to lobby personally to seek help. Fortunately, there was a nice Concierge who was willing to assist me in my room with my ipad and iphone connection.

After I took my medicine, I slept right away before 8pm. However, the front desk always call up to the room and woke me up so that they can follow up with my method of payment. No matter how many times I told front desk, they keep chasing me with what I have already settled. It makes me feel really sad epeacially it was already 10pm and I was awake by the phone for few times repeating the same thing!

However, I really appreciate the Housekeeping who helped me for the turn down service. He did an outstanding job and was so sweet which helps me a lot for a peaceful night.

At the end, I had good experience during my time visiting the fitness and spa and also my check out. Overall, it is a good hotel and the location is very quiet which I also enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hello Yautung,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience with us.

I’m happy to hear that our staff could help you with the Internet connection and appreciate your great words on our Housekeeping. Please be assured that I’ve shared your comments with the Front Desk Team to make the necessary changes in the relevant process.

Thanks again and we look forward welcoming you again at W Guangzhou.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This newly built hotel is one of the best hotels I ever stayed around the world. The entry shows a great "water fall" from about 10m ceiling. Clever modern tile combination with ultra modern furniture. The check in area set out as a boutique hotel and you will find a nice surprise in all the lifts. The hotel bar is divided into 3 main areas and my martini is perfect. The pool area has another bar if you want to have a drink after swim. There are many hotel staff greet you and ask if they can help you. Different to other Chinese hotels I stayed, I didn't see any W Hotel staff talking to each other or play with their mobile phone on duty. The hotel has its own night club over 2 levels with live performance and good DJ.

The Hotel room contains the most technology, including warm seat and self flash toilet, TV in bath, lighting control on both sides of the bed - this is very cool, once you touch the keypad, the keypad lights up so you can see what you pressing in the dark. Air con control, time, 3 levels of light setting, two layer of curtain controls are all at your figures. Shower temperature can be set and stay set during my stay.

If I have to pick something, then they are 1) the toilet and bathroom are separate 2) The bed is not as comfortable as the Westin 3) My friend's starwood privilege card got refused.

The hotel location is very central with Mclaren dealership within the building and a street of western bars and cool restaurants behind.

The price is about USD$300 per night and I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Check ongoing construction noise level
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Davidwubrisbane,

Thank you for your amazing review. I’m happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience and liked our design and facilities and also our team has impressed you so much!

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

As a long-stay guest I can vouch for the consistant, friendly, professional and efficient service at this property. A very present, involved and last but not least international hotel management team makes this hotel stand out in a very positive way from most other properties in the same genre I visited on mainland China.

The main restaurant of the hotel delivers a superbe breakfast, but also sumptious lunch and dinner buffets, and the hotels' Japanese restaurant is an amazing place for lunch and dinner - try the spicy tuna rolls, among the best I've ever tasted, anywhere in the world!!

My past experiences with W Hotels includes Paris, Honk-Kong, Barcelona and St. Petersburg - I can truthfully say that this property is at least as good, if not better than any of the before mentioned properties. Looking forward to return to the W Guangzhou upon my next passage to the city.

Room Tip: My last room was 1632 in the W Serviced Appartements, stayed almost 4 weeks in this one and was cons...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Andreas L,

Thank you for the great review and it’s great to hear that you have enjoyed your time in “your home away from home” as our long-stay guest.

I’m happy that our service delivery has met your expectations and that you have liked our B&F venues and menus.

We look forward to welcome you back at W Guangzhou on your next trip.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

What an Island of style & design in the hustle and bustle of busy Guangzhou. Great stylish welcome by the team of GM Peter. This is the modern, unexpected trendy China with the touch of hip architecture we waited for so long. Exceptional bar and cigar lounge area, not to mention the trendy club Fei, designed with an outstanding spectacle of light by Japan's Aoyama Nomura. When in Guangzhou you MUST stay here!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello Christian S,

Thank you for your amazing review regarding your recent experience at W Guangzhou. We are happy to hear that you have liked our design and our facilities.

We hope to see you again when on your return at W Guangzhou.