“A hotel like home”

Ranked #7 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Macau, China
“A hotel like home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

W hotel is always my first choice of the trip when im travelling for holiday. The chic style design of the hotel would never let you down. That is also the reason makes me to spend a night at W Guangzhou evertime i go back even though home is just around the corner. Spending time with friends from home at Woo Bar always brings me unforgetable memories of each stay.

The room is specious with mainly black tone modern design, makes it looks really cool and chic. One of the best thing to do in the room is to have a warm bathtub of water with bath salt in it, and just relax in there with the spa music on.

The indoor swimming pool is just perfect for people who doesnt want to receive too much sun tanning during summer time. Enjoying the not too heavy sun light on the big round comfortable chair by the pool is another good choice. Ummmmmm, looking forward for my next stay already!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Kattylorr,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It’s very uplifting to hear that you have had a good time with your friends in our WOOBAR and enjoyed your stay with us, especially our pool facilities.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Warm regards,

Peter Katusak-Huzsvar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just completed a one month long stay at the W and can honestly say it was one of the finest hotel experiences I've had the pleasure to enjoy. From check-in to check-out, I was treated with utmost courtesy and respect. I stayed in a 'Fabulous Room' which included access to the W Lounge and daily buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant, "The Kitchen Table." The room was spacious and chic. The staff in the W Lounge were very attentive. The hotel is located about 10-15 minute walk to the metro system which offers excellent coverage of the city, and is also one block away from a nice variety of bustling cafes and restaurants. I will absolutely stay here next time I'm in Guangzhou. Thank you to the W staff for making me feel at home!

Room Tip: Fabulous Rooms offer Lounge Access and Daily Buffet Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello MikeJet88,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that we have managed to make you feel at home during your long stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love the design of this W hotel and one of the nicest i have seen. The Hotel and rooms were great and since this hotel is too costly i took a suite which was reasonable and worth every penny. I was very happy.

The pool is indoors which is not something i like, but i must say it's designed well. Weekends the pool is busy with families and kids so go early or late if you want some real swim time alone.

The new club lounge is a first for W brand and it's beautifully designed and very friendly staff too. My only issue is that ALL club lounges in other brands, Hyatt, Intercontinental and Four Seasons, where i also stay a lot, offer much more with breakfast, lunch, high tea and light dinner included. To only offer snacks and drinks from 5-7 pm is very disappointing. * This is a helpful hint Starwood W, do something about it.

My only problem with this hotel which really bothered me was the lunch and dinner at the Kitchen cafe buffet. No one clears the tables and food stacks up on everyones table. It's quite disgusting.

And at dinner if you sit past 930 pm within 5 minutes they are totally clearing out the place with ten staff coming in with carts and they even turned the lights on bright to hint to the customers to get out. I can't imagine this happening in a five star hotel....i guess the staff needs to catch a bus home by 10 pm ? Ha. F&B manager get on this one, i was shocked to see this and makes me not want to come back.

Overall i loved this hotel, just stay away from the Kitchen Cafe after breakfast for now. AND the Spa was excellent !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience and had a good time in our hotel. I have shared your comments with our Kitchen Table Team, to arrange the necessary changes for a better guest experience.

We hope to see you back to W Guangzhou.

Warm regards,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The 5 star Hotel experience starts the moment you step into the hotel. Rooms and lobby were very tastefully design with luxurious fittings. Good concept bar at the lobby and located in the new CBD. Near to the train station and popular Chinese restaurants. The local bar strip is also just round the corner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello TOCSG,
Thank you for sharing you wonderful comments. I am thrilled to know you liked everything and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

No better place to return to after a long day spent in hot and humid factories and in never ending traffic jams, than the cool and accommodating new W. Great food, awesome service, large rooms, perfect location, friendly staff and a great selection of bars and restaurants. Had a perfect stay here, and will certainly come back again when in the region.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello hi_stick,

Thank you for the review of your recent W Guangzhou experience.
It is great to hear that you had a great experience at W Guangzhou after a long working day. We really appreciate your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again on your return!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Located in the posh downtown area of Guangzhou and the favorite hangout for the rich and famous of Guangzhou, a true bed of luxury. The interiors were a bit loud though.
Conveniently located close to the biggest malls, the shopping district, and street food it is great place to stay. The rooms are plush and fitted with the latest in luxury. The hands free loo and motorized blinds and curtains were my favorite. The breakfast was amazing with a wide range of continental and mandarin delicacies on the menu.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello gameruz,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to know that our location, facilities and our breakfast choices have exceed your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my first trip to mainland China and I'm not sure why, but my expectations were not too high when it came to hotels and the service there. W Guangzhou completely turned those thoughts upside down. Wow!
I have previously stayed at W's in Bali, Maldives and Bangkok and they are all amazing, but this one takes the cake. Sure, Guangzhou as a destination does not seem as exciting as those others mentioned, but based alone on the hotel experience, this is my favourite.
From the moment you walk in and see the LED waterfall your senses are awakened by super cool design and artwork - my favourite pieces being the pictures by the guest lifts on the ground floor (look closely).
The check-in was smooth and friendly and the room was luxurious and extremely comfortable. I could have stayed in the bed all day. Once I did get out of bed I lazed around in the big bathtub for a while watching tv.
What really blew me away about this hotel was the standard of the restaurants and bars. I have never been to a hotel with such high standards across the board in this department.
The breakfast is as good as it gets. I could not imagine a better one and I simply couldn't believe the variety in the selection, the freshness and the taste. The homemade yoghurts are outstanding and the service from Chef Pearl and her team is first class.
The Japanese and Chinese restaurants are both spectacular. Both feature incredible design, world class food and attentive service.
The hidden gem amongst the restaurants is way up on the 29th floor at Wet. I was just exploring the hotel and went to look at the pool and gym and I discovered this small, casual little restaurant. It was a delight to be able to get a beautiful, fresh sandwich (they are extremely hard to find in Asia), a great fresh juice and to enjoy that relaxing environment and the view.
Woobar is also a great place for a drink and I just loved the creative cocktails and the environment in general.
I don't know how often I will be in Guangzhou in the future but whenever I am I will stay at W Guangzhou, without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello CaptainAustralia5555,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review regarding your recent stay at W Guangzhou.
It is great to hear that you found everything perfect while staying with us. Thanks for your great words on our design, the facilities and the food & drinks in our restaurants and bars.
We are honored to be your favorite hotel. Thanks again for your support and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,