“Simply stunning!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came here for Sunday Brunch when staying at the hotel the second time, and I must say - WOW! Buffet is immaculately maintained and everything looks so nice and appetising! The weekend I was there was the first time they had introduced this new BBQ grill in their outdoor terrace, some funny dishes like crocodile meat, but also the classic grill items as well! Service as usual is superb, they even recognised me from the last visit which was MONTHSSS ago! The service was so attentive that I ended up drinking almost 2 bottles of the yummy sparkling wine by myself, much better than those cheap prosecco some other hotels pours :)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent Sunday Brunch Buffet, not too many choices but only the best is served, nice environment, excellent service, great dessert.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ebony is very atmospheric: low lights, a great buzz of activity, and very comfortable. I visited while on a business trip and sat by myself, a little too close to a family with a noisy, energetic and extremely mobile child (not really the restaurant's fault).

Things initially went a bit awry: they have a terrific-looking grill menu - reminiscent of the Mandarin Grill in Hong Kong - and I ordered the Iberico pork chop. 86'd. So I ordered the veal. 86'd. Monty Python's cheese shop? I didn't feel like steak so I switched to fish, and that seemed to solve the problem.

Starter was mushroom soup, with some little squares of ravioli. At the first taste I thought the chef had underseasoned - it needed salt - but then I ate one of the little dried mushrooms in it and all the saltiness came flooding in!

For main course I had the cod with chips and peas (British? Moi?) and was very satisfied. The cod was tasty, perfectly filleted, and the chips were big, chunky and nicely textured.

The real success was the dessert: a lemon tart. Sounds ordinary enough. It was served with a little jar of red berry compote and a dollop of soured cream. I tasted these latter items separately at first and was puzzled. The berries were nice. The cream was... well, sour. Then I tried mixing them both together with the lemon tart. Bang! Incredible!

Service was a little odd at times (being asked how I was enjoying the tart, for example, when it was apparent to anyone with eyes that it was totally intact and untasted). The 86'd menu items were disappointing but I suppose these things happen.

Wine is really expensive at 150RMB for just a GLASS (or 650RMB for a whole bottle, which is much closer to the price I'd expect to pay).

I'd definitely eat here again. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Located within the Mandarin Oriental Guangzhou which is connected to the Taikoo Hui shopping centre. This restaurant is fairly busy with hotel guests all eating here. You can order a la carte or choose the buffet which includes a main course. The desserts were absolutely wonderful and if you want to take some away you can purchase them from the MO Cake shop from the floor below. Excellent English skills from all the attendants. You can dine indoors and they also offer al fresco seating area outside. A must go destination for westerners who want a decent meal and service. ( Hard to find in Guangzhou) Dining is fairly casual.

2  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Wide selection of top quality breakfast foods. Very comfortable seating and decor. Exceptional service. Mandarin Oriental always provides exquisite quality in food and beverage. Everything expected of the brand is seen all around here.