Pearl Garden Hotel
US$106
US$206
US$131
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Good Hotel and good value for money. Staff very helpful and the service is good . Hotel very suitable foe business in area. Service and cleanliness of rooms is good and comfortable.
The buffet dinner is monotones after the first night . Rooms nice size and I did not have noise from street but was able to have a very good sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

While not spectacular this hotel was suitable for a single night while in Guangzhou on busines.
I was "upgraded" to a large room with separate kitchenette, lounge, and bedroom.
The room was clean and comfortable however the dining options at the hotel were a little limited and disapointing.

Room Tip: check out any alternative to the buffet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A really very good hotel as China standard. I stay few days during my buisnes trip. If You will compare to other China Hotel it is verry good. Ballans price service is exellent.
Really Hotel is far away from the city , but is so close to the Port and Shipyard.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Krasimir M
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Having stayed here for one night on a corporate discount i will agree that the value is good but apart from that everything is downhill.

The room (17th floor) is about as noisy as sleeping on the main road.

The breakfast is despicable. The slepp quality is poor.

The only saving grace for me was that the shipyard i went to was very close to the hotel and the corporate rate was at a 70% discount off the rack rate.

The room sadly is not even worth the 30 % they carge for it. If forced to stay there please bargain like there's no tomorrow.

Room Tip: Get another Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel appears clean and tidy on the ground floor entrance. The 28th floor restaurant is fairly quiet, food is ok for a few days but overly expensive in order to cover low occupancy. They have recently replaced the corridor carpets but they absolutely ignore the major problem of noise and even though they must be very aware the owners do nothing to improve the glazing even after about 12 years of operation

The rooms vary but some are quite drab and sterile. The smaller rooms are nice. The noise in most rooms is horrendous. The window frames are cheap and cheerful. The glass is cheap they are variously mended or sealed with whatever comes to hand. Some have secondary glazing. Knowing what it was like when I arrived I asked for a quiet room. No such luck because there isnt one that I am aware of except perhaps at the back. All night long for two nights the traffic seemed to be driving through the room. It was terrible. Empty container trucks driving over a crumbling road 150 metres from the hotel was like a cresendo all night-- non stop. bang bang boom boom bang wallop. The hotel seems to have been heavily constructed but someone somewhere saved a lot on glazing by fitting cheap and nasty external facade which is highly disturbing especially if one is a light sleeper. Its not really surprising that some long term users have moved further afield. For the noise alone I could not recommend this hotel. However its location to the newish part of Huangpu and specific factories is probably its saving grace. It certainly seems to have lost a lot of its patronage. I arranged to stay for two nights. After the first night I had had enough however as I got back from my job a little late in the evening I stayed the second night. I was totally frazzled by the time I checked out. Not a pleasant experience. Staff reasonable but not the greatest I have come across in Chinese hotels. I wonder how they get their four star rating, locally I guess. More than one night is hazardous to your state of mind.

Room Tip: No comment.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business