“Cheap but comfortable hotel”

Sino Trade Center Hotel
Ranked #63 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Stoke-on-Trent
“Cheap but comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have stayed here many times when I have visited Guangzhou on business and I have always found the staff to be very friendly and courteous, and sypathetic to my limited mandarin! Indeed, I think that the porter has worked there for about 10 years!
The rooms are spacious and the free bottles of water come in handy for the climate.
There is also a bakery/cafe attached to the hotel where one can have breakfast.
I also recommend the massage parlour on the third floor where one can have anything from a 30 minute foot massage to a 3 hour full-body massage, where they actually walk on top of you and massage with their feet. Don't worry, it is a "proper" masage parlour with no "funny business"! I sometimes have one before I go to bed and I sleep like a log, which is unlike me!
It is less than 10 minutes to the metro and has various good shops and reataurants within walking distance. I will stay there again when I visit in May.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JonSCFC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here in July 2012 and for the price we paid, CNY320 per night, its value for money decent hotel. Hotel provides complimentary tea with kettle and two bottles of water every day. The bathroom has opaque glass and sink is outside the bathroom and toilet area. Hair dryer is provided. Internet connection which is complimentary, works well. My friend stayed on the 8th floor and apparently there are personal computers in the rooms on the 8th floor. We have our own laptop and therefore did not change room (I was on the 9th floor). Next to the hotel, there's a seafood restaurant which has pretty good chicken dishes and price is very reasonable. For breakfast, turn right after you exit from hotel and turn right onto the side street. A few minutes walk down the street, you'll see a few cafes offering very good Cantonese congee and wanton noodles. The subway is little off, exit the hotel and turn left and walk for about 8 minutes towards China Hotel (Marriott). We end up travelling by taxi most of the time as taxi is cheap and easily available outside the hotel. We find the taxi drivers to be honest and they bring you straight to your destination without fuss. Taxi from airport to hotel is about CNY105. Note however that taxis have small boot space that can hold only 1 big luggage bag. You should book a combi (MPV) on your return trip if you have more bags, otherwise travel by subway. We booked a combi at the hotel for CNY200 for our trip to the airport. Its actually a private owner but we are happy for the arrangement.

Room Tip: Try to ask for the 8th floor if you need a PC but check with hotel first.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Low H
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

It's my first trip to Guangzhou and booked the room through Agoda. Stayed in at the business level.

It's easy to get a cab here. It's not really a busy area and got a nice surroundings. There's a K-Mart next door and 7 eleven less than a minute away. Metro is about 5-7 minutes away and it's next to this 1001 night arab restaurant.

There's a small local Chinese Halal restaurant along the small alley same row as the k-Mart.

Service wise, is just average. The staffs are quite friendly. They assisted me alot during my stay. Will defiinitely come back
on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Razaquer
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Well, idefinitely come back to this hotel on my next trip to Guangzhou.

For those seeking for halal food

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Razaquer
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

On arrrival we found the staff friendly and helpful, as usual the language barrier in China can be a problem but at this hotel it wasn't to bad.
Our room was large and well appointed - probably the largest we have been had in China/Hong Kong. There are 51 TV channels but could only find 2 English speaking channels.
As seems to be the norm in the region the bed was extremely hard.
The location is average as it is a bit away from any major shopping, tourist or nightlife spots but taxis are cheap and it is only a short walk to the closest subway station.
All in all a good place to stay for the price.
The only negative I have is that there is no fridge in the room which is a nuisance.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
cebu city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Sino Hotel last July 22-25,2010. We showed the map and the chinese name of the hotel to the taxi driver and we were able to find the hotel right away. Lily in the frontdesk was extra nice to us. I even asked her write the chinese name of Chimelong Paradise and asked for instructions on how to get there. Chimelong is one of the best attractions in Guangzhou. When our hotel card didn't work after numerous attempts, the housekeeping staff were so quick in fixing it. It was pretty impressive for them to fix it right away and to change the batteries since our hotel room card wouldn't work anymore. Our room was nice and clean. Next to the hotel is a restaurant and across is 24-hour convenience store. Also, behind the hotel are shops that serves local delicacies and fruits. I even saw a man selling snakes behind the hotel. The hotel is also near Starbucks, MTR,Yuexiu Park, Nanyue Royal Tomb Museum and Guangzhou museum. Also, you can go to Baiyun Shan (White Cloud Mountain) and Yuntai Garden by taking bus 24 which is just 3 blocks away from the hotel. I would strongly recommend this hotel. Good value for your money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Free internet with own computer in the room although ours was not working. I had my own laptop so I didn't get phased by it. Coffee/tea making facilities
Great air conditioning that stayed on whilst you were out of the room nice on the hot days we had. We would come home to a cool room that smelled fresh.
Fantastic room with a luxurious bathroom, had separate bath tub and large shower. Close to amenities, great coffee shop in the foyer. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Our room had 2 single beds which were very comfortable even when pulled together. We would normally have chosen a Queen or King sized bed but a new friend made the reservation for us so we didn't like to offend her. I'm sure they would offer these also.
We would certainly stay here again next time in Guangzhou.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple