- the food at the hotel was excellent. Breakfast was good and had a large selection of food. We ate lunch at the chinese restaurant in the hotel called "summer palace" which was so delicious. The staff couldnt' really speak english, but there was an english menu and a chinese menu with pictures. The chocolate mousse cake in the lobby was also delicious.
- there is wifi in the room which was free and fast !
- the hotel was very big with a nice spa and big swimming pool. So it's good if you have children who wants to go swimming. Also they have a big garden to stroll around, and a mini golf course for chipping.
- there was turn down service. (so they make up your room in the morning and in the evening)
- Sleep quality was excellent. We slept like a rock.
- location is next to the Canton fair exhibition halls, so it's good if you have to go to the fair, but not ideal if you want to go sightseeing.
- The hotel is quite far from the city center. it costs around 30 to 60 yuan (around USd 5 to USD 15) (lucky the taxi here aren't too expensive) to go to the city center for shopping or sightseeing. During our trip we visited the temples and museums. You could also catch the metro from and to the hotel, but we didn't bother to take the metro, as taxi were available nearly everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou is located adjacent to the Canton Fair with less than 1 minute walking distance to Guangzhou International Convention and Exhibition Center. Surrounded by lush gardens on an island in the Pearl River, the hotel's 704 guestrooms offer amazing views through the floor-to-ceiling windows of the nearby Pearl River and the greenery on the other side. The hotel offers its guest complimentary Wi-Fi and broadband internet access in all guestrooms and public areas. During the Canton Fair period, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle bus services to the fair as well as major hot spots across the city, with Wi-Fi available in the shuttle bus; guests can choose to take a walk or the shuttle between the hotel and the Canton Fair Complex. The Shangri-La offers a variety of dining options from East to West put together by award-winning chefs. Traditional Thai and fusion dishes are cooked up with imported herbs and spices at coolThai. Nadaman offers up the renowned menu of its worldwide Japanese fine dining chain. Guests looking for something more local can check out the regional Chinese offerings at Summer Palace. A selection of Asian favorites and contemporary international cuisine is available from the food-theater-style WOK TOO Cafe which provides both a la carte and buffet. Diners at the WOK TOO Cafe can eat inside the main dining hall, out in the garden or in one of the private dining rooms. Guests looking to eat Western cuisine can also head to il Forno, the hotel's Italian restaurant. Guests relaxing in the lush gardens around the outdoor swimming pool can indulge in a tropical cocktail or a light snack at the Poolside Bar & Grill. Live jazz performances accompany snacks and cocktails, coffee or afternoon tea in the Lobby Lounge. When night falls, guests can roll up to the Lift Bar on the second floor and enjoy drinks and snacks while looking out over the gardens and river. The flowing shape of this Guangzhou hotel's outdoor pool is lined by a tropical garden, giving guests a relaxing getaway from the hustle of bustling "Canton," and an indoor pool is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel Guangzhou
- Shangri La Guangzhou