2,114 results
All reviews horizon club summer palace chi spa canton fair exhibition centre the pearl trade show indoor pool river view japanese restaurant excellent hotel breakfast buffet lobby bar business trip rooms are spacious shuttle bus business hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the hotel is rather dated and needs a refresh. staff are mediocre. Chris at the concierge was fantastic though. Food is silly, only the cafe and the chinese restaurant is open for lunch and the rest for dinner, nothing is close enough to walk either. On the map it looks like the convention ctr is close but, depening on the hall you want, it can take 30-40mins to walk over

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SLPGPR, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BryLuk,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou and for sharing your valuable comments on your recent stay with us.

Delighted to know that you enjoyed our overall service and facilities, and I have also shared your valuable comment to our team here and this will definitely encourage us to deliver the Shangri-La experience consistently each and every time. On the other hand, kindly note that our complimentary shuttle bus (with wi-fi) can take you to and from the city’s key locations including the East Railway Station... Hope that you may make use of it next time.

Much appreciated for your feedback,and We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice happy hour. Excellent service by Katherine Xu and her team. Magnificent view from the club. Food and beverage excellent quality. Besides Horizon club, also spendid outside and inside swimming pool. Room on 36th floor are fabulous

Dear Frederic M,

Much appreciated for your compliments again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Shangri-La Guangzhou for a week to attend a conference at the nearby convention center.

Exceptional and warm customer service is part of the Shangri la DNA and after staying at quite a few of their hotels I have yet to be disappointed. But it is the little things beyond this that make Shangri la special. Every day I was eating the delicious apple that was in the fruit bowl in my room, and then one day I came back from the conference to find the attached note from the housekeeper. She had noticed that each day she was replacing the apple in the bowl so she gave me a couple more for good measure. Now that is service!

The staff in the Horizon Lounge were equally wonderful, and really made my stay memorable.

One note I would make to hotel management: I heard through a colleague who was also staying at the hotel that staff personal performance reviews are linked to the number of positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and those who are mentioned by name receive awards. The problem with this is that it creates a culture where the customer-facing staff are constantly asking guests to write a review on Tripadvisor, and I lost count of the number of times in just one week that one of the staff gave me a Shangri-La card with the Tripadvisor logo on it that they had written their name on. I also saw that happening with many other guests.

Your staff are already exceptional - in my view this experience is actually detracting from the Shangri La experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SLPGPR, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear SmokeyD71,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou and for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us.

I was very glad to read that we were able to deliver to your satisfaction, especially our housekeeping colleagues had provided a memorable experience for you during your stay. I have shared your kind words with our team here and this will definitely encourage us to deliver the Shangri-La experience consistently each and every time. On the other hand, your valuable comments on guest feedback collection has been shared and addressed with the whole team here. Rest assured we have been conducting appropriate engagement training to all our staffs, ensuring their professional performance and their efforts being fairly credited.

Much appreciated for your compliments, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished a 5 night stay in the Shangri-La Guangzhou. I have stayed in a number of Shangri-La hotels around the world and the Guangzhou property is one of the best. Excellent staff too. The Eclipse Club Lounge is worth the extra financials. Great staff there too, especially Katherine Ku. My stay included a passing typhoon, but no dramas.

Dear Ems101,

I was very glad to read that we were able to deliver to your satisfaction, especially our team at Horizon Club had provided a memorable experience for you during your stay. I have shared your kind words with our team here and this will definitely encourage us to deliver the Shangri-La experience consistently each and every time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel and great services specially the Horizon Club. Kudos to Katherine Xu who took great care of me. The hotel has the best breakfast spread and happy hour!
Horizon club has the best view. The Horizon Club rooms are extremely well appointed and have all the amenities plus.

Dear Curious234356,

I was very glad to read that we were able to deliver to your satisfaction, especially our team at Horizon Club had provided a memorable experience during your stay. I have shared your kind words with our team here and this will definitely encourage us to deliver the Shangri-La experience consistently each and every time.