I had a lousy experience with this hotel. I booked it as i had a 9.10pm flight to Sydney & was traveling from Hog Kong so wanted a fews hours to rest & unwind prior to my flight.
From HK rang the hotel & spoke with the concierge to arrange a pickup from the train station which is about 1 hour away. He refused to help saying they had no cars left. I pushed him stating i am sure there are more than 3 cars in Guangzhou - only then did he bother to help. He arranged an alternate supplier. I ended up wishing he hadn't. The car stank of stale cigarettes & the driver on a wet busy road at times reached speeds of 150km/hr.
Anyway i had one objective in staying here for 3 hours - rest up for my night flight. I intended to do this by having a soak in a bath & then a couple hours shut eye. Well the bath didn't even work - the water pressure was incredible weak & the water that came out of the tap continually leaked through the useless plugged hole. Result was all i could get after 20 minutes of running the bath was about 10cm deep water.
Next for rest - the curtains are pathetic & don't work. They don't run all the way to the end of the wall & there is a mirror running along the side so it picks up even more light & then funnells a huge channel of light onto the bed & speciifcally where your pillow is. Bottom line - lousy design & i can't believe this is an Accor hotel. An airport hotel by its nature has as its basic function a need to provide beds for guests resting between flights at various times & i would guess many times this would be during the day. To provide a darkened room for sleeping is a minimal expectation of any guest in this situation. I would never stay here again & by China standards it is a rip off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport is a 15-second walk from Gate 12 of Airport Departure Hall, ideally located in the heart of the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and 30-minute metro ride journey to city centre. With a modern style emphasizing comfort and contemporary technologies, the hotel provides 578 exquisitely furnished rooms, 3 unique restaurants and bars. 1,500㎡ pillar-free multi-functional Kapok Ballroom could be subdivided into 3 smaller venues; Concord Ballroom covers 460㎡ and we also have 20 different size meeting rooms. Hotel provides fully-equipped fitness & entertainment facilities as well, a 200㎡ gymnasium, 380 parking spots & a brand-new executive lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel Guangzhou
- Accor Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
- Novotel Guangzhou