Free cancellation until 28/07
US$134
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$120
Agoda.com
Jianguo Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$80
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Dongfang Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$83
US$78
Agoda.com
US$177
US$113
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$281
US$236
Mandarin Oriental
1,755 results
All reviewsdomestic terminaldeparture hallbaiyun airportterminal buildingmorning flightbetween flightsgolf buggyyoga matconnecting flightexecutive roomnext morninglong layoveryour luggagestayed one nightroom serviceshort staylobby bar
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Customer Service
I would at least have given a 4-star rating for the hotel if I did not encounter such extremely poor customer service from some hotel staff.

As I had to catch a morning flight, I asked the hotel about the check-in time at the airport and the earliest time for serving breakfast on 6 September 2017 at 3:15 p.m. by email that was the day before I checked in the hotel. Karina, who replied my email the following day at 11:21 a.m., said “…(y)ou need to check-in at the airport about two hours earlier, it just takes you few minutes to walk to the airport form our hotel. So will you need to take away the breakfast?”

Having checked in the hotel, I sent the take-away breakfast inquiry to the hotel via email (qamgr@pullmanguangzhou.com, info@pullmanguangzhou.com). Since I am a vegan and my partner has dairy allergy, I requested to have one breakfast box for fruits only and another one for normal breakfast items without dairy products. Simple enough? So I thought. But I had NEVER received any email reply from the hotel.

In order to assure the email received by the hotel, I went to the executive lounge for confirmation in the afternoon. Lisa told me that the hotel had a ‘standard’ takeaway breakfast but she did help me make a few phone calls to various departments. Those hotel staff answering her phone calls neither could find my email, nor would like to help. When Lisa was trying to help accommodate my requests, another female staff passed by, saying this could NOT be done as the hotel could only provide a ‘standard’ takeaway breakfast. We would have to PAY for it if we want anything different.

Despite Lisa’s effort, our request fell on dead ears. Lisa thus suggested us to get the suitcases delivered to the executive lounge so that we could have our breakfast and check-out done at executive lounge at 6 a.m. the following day. While the executive lounge is open at 6:30 a.m., most of foods such as watermelon, she said, would be ready. Lisa also helped book the suitcase delivery service for us. In case the hotel staff in the morning shift didn’t know this arrangement, I asked Lisa to have it written down for her colleague and she did.

The next morning (8 September 2017) when we went to the executive lounge, the female hotel staff told me that it wouldn’t open till 6:30 a.m. although I told her the arrangement we had with Lisa and had it written on the book. She didn’t even allow us to get inside until I asked her. Once I got into the lounge, I asked her if she could at least help us for check out. Shockingly, she said that we must go to the front desk on the ground floor as she wouldn’t do anything till 6:30 a.m. I didn’t further argue it with her due to a number of factors including the concierge staff waiting for me to tell him when he could come back for the suitcase delivery, an airport check-in in a half hour and my partner falling really sick. On my way out, I told her that she had a communication problem with her colleagues, asking her to check the book again. This caught her attention and she finally looked into the book without saying a word to us. As I was in a hurry, I didn’t get her name. But how could an international 5-star hotel would allow a person like this to work at executive lounge? She doesn’t even fit to work in a backpacker hotel. This must be a joke.

When I got to the restaurant, I told a waitress about my situation and asked her if I could take away some foods for my partner as he was too sick to eat anything at that time. The waitress just pointed to another waitress, saying “I couldn’t make such decision. You just go to ask her.” I told another waitress my situation again. The second waitress said “No, you could take away any foods…..”

I then talked to the restaurant manager about my situation for the seventh time in 20 minutes (2 times for the female staff at executive lounge, 1 time for the concierge staff who help us deliver the suitcases, 2 times for 2 waitresses respectively and 2 times for the restaurant manager). As the restaurant manager told me the same thing, I asked him if he could give me two boxes so that I could just pack some foods for both of us. After all, I hadn’t eaten any foods at the restaurant. By the time I was so frustrated, asking him to go to take a look at my partner and he did. After his DIAGNOSIS, he eventually gave me a takeaway box for my partner’s foods and allowed me to eat at the restaurant.

At this point, I still hadn’t checked out from the hotel. I immediately ran to the front desk for checkout. Before I left the restaurant, I tried to explain my situation to the restaurant manager once again so that he understood the situation thoroughly and we were not here to ‘BEG’ for foods. He did allow me to finish what I wanted to say to him but he really didn’t appear to give it a damn. He only said “Thanks for your opinion.”
The restaurant manager and waitresses gave me a look as if we had only paid for buffet breakfast but we would like to take away breakfast, lunch, afternoon and dinner. Seriously, I didn’t exaggerate one bit. If I couldn’t afford to pay for my meals, I wouldn’t have ordered any room service during our stay. The cheapest foods selling at the airport are about RMB10-20. I felt so humiliated. I still do.

Most importantly, I could not believe that an international 5-star located at the Guangzhou international airport serving an enormous number of international travellers who always rush for a morning flight, couldn’t provide customers a vegetarian take-away breakfast. I had NEVER asked the hotel to prepare anything ‘special’ for me. I only asked for some fruits such as watermelon and hard-boiled eggs for my partners which were already served in the buffet breakfast at the restaurant. I made the very same request at an international 5-star hotel in Yangon and I only had to ask it once time.

That being said, two hotel staff whom I personally find are outstanding. That is, Lisa and a chef serving noodle soup at the restaurant on 8 September 2017. Lisa did everything she could within her power. After all, it is all about teamwork. If your team members are incompetent, irresponsible and/or lazy, they just drag you down to their level. There is nothing you could do about it. By the way, why did I find the chef who served me a bowl of noodle soup outstanding? I have stayed in a number of international 5-star hotels around the globe but he was the only chef who would ask me to be careful of the hot soup.

All in all, before you make any request at the hotel, you had better ask if your request is ‘standard’.

Room
Having read the comments made by other Tripadvisor members, I asked the hotel staff which types of rooms were recently renovated before making any booking. I was told that the hotel had renovated “all executive king bed room, executive twin bed room or executive suite in the new executive wing”. I had booked an executive king room which was new and comfy. The water pressure, however, was relatively weak.

WIFI
It was good and I could access most of international websites and apps.

Location
It is located opposite to the airport. Gate 13 is no longer allowed to exit as the hotel staff suggested. You could however exit the airport from Gate 14. Once you cross the road, a hotel staff could take you and your luggage to the hotel by buggy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Karmaexplorer

Thank you for your comment about our nice Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel.

My team and all relevant departments shared your comment and we all apologies for your disappointed experience.
This is defiantly not our Pullman Service which we celebrate everyday day.
You are right we need to work more as a team to make our guest Happy and help each other like you mention with Lisa and one of our chefs which helped you to get some comfort and support.
I personally apologize because I know we can do much better and of course we should reply to you and confirm your request for Special take away breakfast which we have.

We also need like you mention more Care and Attentiveness to the Guests and more flexibility especially in your case with the Early check out which we can do also at our Executive Lounge at 6:00 am in the morning.

Please be assure that we already take Action immediately and I will make sure that this will not happen again because your case is very important to us for learning from it and to be ready for the Future to avoid this from happen again.
I would to take this opportunity to welcome you in person for your next visit to make sure everything will be fine.

Despite the Experience you had we would like to welcome you back to show you the real Pullman Service.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

So my second time staying at the Guangzhou Pullman hotel, I had a 17 hours layover and as before, didn't want to rely on Chinese police for accommodation. I arrived after a 5hrs flight out of Denpasar, it was a completely different set of hotel crew and at first everything was OK, although there were certain looks but was able to check-in with ease as well as got assistance to my room after asking. Again after shower and sleep, in again a perfectly presented room as you'd expect from a Pullman hotel, I went for sightseeing to Six Banyan Tree temple and Chen Clan Academy. Getting taxi was not as easy this time but guys at the front desk were good enough in getting addresses and speaking with driver but he was able to wait for me and long story short, not easiest place for me to get taxi. When I did get back to the hotel, I was so famished decided to go to the restaurant. The guy and girl at the entrance on 3rd floor where you can walk in from departures were abrasive when asked what floor restaurant was on and everyone, except the on girl who said she spoke English the best and that's why everyone seems so rude, was awful to interact with. Turning their noses up and staring at me and telling me I have to wait for them to confirm that I'm a guest, even after showing room key and signing bill. Every wine asked for was apparently out except some 300 € bottle not even glass and when as for water instead tried getting me to buy overpriced beer! The water literally brought to me in a bottle and throughout my meal I had to ask for glass, napkins etc. as they cleared when I sat down... I found the whole experience strange and for the first time in a long time, felt my colour was an issue. I'm black. I do feel like the people in the restaurant level need to work on being more hospitable.

Rose

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Rose R

“THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY”

Thank you for your visit and also for your time to give us your comment about our nice Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel.

This really not our Pullman service which you expect and therefore I apologize for this experience.
I make sure that all your points are shared with relevant departments.

This are all opportunities for us to make it better in the future with our English language, Attentiveness,and Guest Service.

Please be assure that we immediately take action in all mentioned areas.

For your next visit please let me know so I can pick you up and invite you to our Lobby Lounge.

Thank you again for your review and feel welcome back soon to our nice Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very conveniently located next to the airport, probably the most nearby hotel, only 1 minute walk from main hall. Rooms offer everything you might expect. As the hotel is huge, quite some walking inside to the rooms.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Tim Miguel S

Thank you very much for your great comment about our nice Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel.
Your right we are conveniently located across Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport it takes you 30-seconds walk from the main terminal Exit 12-13 walk through the covered walkway towards the hotel and don’t forget to look out for our white golf buggy which help with your luggage.
All our Guest Rooms are European standard and have the Pullman bed which is huge for one person
The air conditioning system is up to standard and the shower room has separate tub and rain shower.
All Guest Rooms give you enough space to do your business or leisure Activities.
Thank you for recommending our Pullman Hotel for all Trip Advisor visitors and please feel welcome back soon to our nice Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel saved my day after a 5 hours delay of my flight. The staff was super helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was simple but fresh and tasty. The location just outside the terminal is excellent for a short stay, missed connections or flight delays.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

DC-3Viator

We are very happy that we saved your day and you choose our Pullman hotel.

Everything was perfect like our team was super helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great at our 24 Hours Western Restaurant “U8”.

My E-mail = qamgr@pullmanguangzhou.com
Easy Booking = reservation@pullmanguangzhou.com

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed hear on numerous occasions of the last few years and this was my least impressive stay!
My room was the smallest ever although it was comfortable and the wifi worked pretty well which is a plus for the Pullman.
However the restaurants were average and the lobby bar ridiculous trying to get a refill was quite hard work the staff paid little attention to their customers! Quite surprising.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Daveturner21

“THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY”

I appreciate our comment which will definitely help us to improve in all areas you mention.

My team and I apologize and make sure that your points will be shared to the relevant departments to get better in the future.

Especially the Attentiveness need to get better and I am sure we can fix this with our team.

Thank you again for your review and please let me welcome you in person for your next visit to make sure everything is fine.