“Spacious room”

Ranked #235 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Spacious room”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed in the presidential suite at the highest floor - great view and its very value for money. The location is strategically located at the intersection of wedding street and olden street. The room is clean and spacious with fully equip amenities. Only concern is their toilet setup which is rather small and cramp. Though its a presidential suite, the bathroom does not have a bathtub which is rather disappointed. Within 500m walking radius is the traditional dessert shop which serves authentic Canton dessert. Located right in front of Metro station - fantastic location!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank msyen

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is a great hotel for brides-to-be because the bridal street is just at its doorstep! There is a nice wanton mee cafe (dumpling noodle) in the hotel premises, and the 7-11 was a blessing when u just need to pick up a magazine or a bottle of water. The MRT station which connects to the mrt interchange is also within 3-5min walk from the hotel which makes it a blessing if it should rain!

Room is decently clean, and comfortable although they could have spared some free bottled water.. Cabled Internet is free though.

One thing to note though is the booking system on their website. I contacted the person via their online booking more than three months in advance to reserve a room. While response was prompt & professional, I got a shock when I took out my hotel booking on the day of travel & realized they have issued me another hotel one mrt stop away instead! I called them immediately to rectify the booking but they told me that Skyline Plaza hotel was full for the dates I requested & this other hotel that they have booked me in wasn't too far away. (I later learned that the concept of distance was tricky when cabs refused to drive us to the bridal street from my other because it was across a river!) while i admit it is indeed oversight on my end, i would have appreciated if they had told me upfront they booked me into another hotel instead of letting me discover it by looking at the map they emailed me. Luckily for us, we found availability on Agoda the next day, and checked into Skyline Plaza hotel for the rest of our stay. A total blessing because of the mRt station!

• Stayed March 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 January 2012

A fantastically located hotel in the heart of Guangzhou with very easy access to the train network. Approx 30-40mins away from the exhibition halls make this a great value for money hotel.

Rooms are presented with a very pleasant view of the city. A very high regard for cleanliness is apparent.

Only issue was lack of internet access.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 9 September 2011

yes after a big day walkin in the famous Guangzhou fairs.. this hotel has big rooms.. and some of them amazing views over the pearl river. stayed last week on 23rd floor.. u can only wish good takeaway was delivery with ur fav pint to ur room....aha... cheers
opphs by metro easy from pazhou... get down @ workers palace stop or get down aat changgang and enjoy the chinese bike ride.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed three times in April & May, for Phase 1, 2, & 3 of Canton Fair and had three different rooms - one a suite at no additonal cost due to a pleasant mix up.

The rooms, although not 4 star quality, were better than most 3 star hotels. They were more than adequate: large, clean, quiet, and did not have any residual tobacco odor found in many hotels in China.

The reception staff and bellboys were the real highlight: friendly and helpful and really went out of their way to assist in any way they could.

The included breakfast was basic, with good choices; but if I had one complaint it would be their coffee - undrinkable to me; but I must admit I am very fussy about my coffee.

Like most hotels in Guangzhou its prices double during the Fair, but at just under a $150/night average it gave me my best value compared to four other places i have stayed at.

As a side note it's location is great - subway just yards away; good, to excellent, restaurants close by, a river walk about 5 blocks away, and and a good sized shopping mall about 2-3 blocks away.

Bottom line is if I was bringing the owner of our company I would put him in the Westin or White Swan, but if on my own I would stay at the Skyline.

Room Tip: Good views on top three floors facing Pearl River
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
south africa
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at the hotel during the Canton Fair in April . I would not recomend this hotel for any Business Traveler. The room was old , bathroom was so small you had to get into the shower to close the door. Really ! there is no room in the bathroom to stand if you want to close the door - you either had to get on to the toilet - or in to the shower .!!
In all my travels I have not seen a so called 4 star hotel that serves you breakfast on plastic plates ! Well used ,orange plastic plates , and side plates . The breakfast was very average . Bed as hard as a rock , after I specifically asked for the new style " western " beds . It looked like this was the hotel all the staff that works at the Canton Fair stayed . So lots of Chinese workers too

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business