“I admit - I am a jerk!”

Ranked #62 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“I admit - I am a jerk!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is one of the best service hotel & resort I had so far!

I mean as soon as you stepped out of the crappy taxi that claims that he does not know the whereabouts of this hotel and was forced to drive us here by the airport traffic control officer; you get a nice welcome from the lobby.

One sweet young lady came to greet me and my wife. she introduced herself as Ms.Lee something that she will be the Guest Relationship Officer (GRO) attending to us, she assist us to get into the honeymoon suite which we booked in advance (OH, did I even mentioned the reservation department lady even replied my enquiries about the reservation and hotel with my private email address?). After knowing that we are there to celebrate our 10th year anniversary - she starts preparing.... the room and bed were decorated as though it was my wedding night, my wife got roses for the 3 days of stay there, we even had a cake from them which we uses in slightly more than eating... *censored*

A quick mentioned on the Hot Spring pools - lost count how many are there but it is impossible to finished trying them all in 2 days - you get too hungry doing that haha. You can see their eagerness in servicing - they RUN UP to you to offer you a towel so that you will not be cold, this is very much like Thailand I think - land of smiles. We did massage or spa for consecutively 2 days; I have tried better ones but alas, this is good enough. The massage ladies actually skipped dinner because we booked the massages unknowingly during their dinner hours. I compensate them later by delivering them some "room service" food. Of course, they came to look for us to say thanks.

There are some unhappiness during day one for the massage, as I did not bring my room card pocket that has the Hotspring vouchers, (ALWAYS bring the key card pocket along) they did exercise the correct instruction for the type of massage I booked 2 hours in advance, I made a fuss over the counter and with the massage, the bloody massage was also spoiled by the loud performance music. Oh, there are 2 performances (acrobatics, songs & dances) daily at the Hot Spring area, I think it starts at 3pm and 8pm and last for about 1 hour. Avoid those timing for massage - you can't rest with that noise.

Ok - I have wrote too much.

I admit I am jerk kicking a fuss out of the small things, and they made me feel bad by apologising for 2 days and doing their best to meet my most stringent unreasonable demands. I am indeed a jerk and they got 5 stars from me!

Be there - it is good!

Eat Meet Wes!

这是一个最好的服务酒店及度假村!

我的意思是,只要你走出蹩脚的出租车,声称,他不知道这家酒店的下落,被机场交通管制人员强迫载我们到这;从大厅开始,你就会得到一个不错的欢迎。

一个甜美的年轻女士来迎接我和我的妻子。她介绍自己为李学习,她将是我们的客户关系主任(GRO),她协助我们进入我们提前预订了蜜月套房(OH,我什至没有提到预定部门女士甚至用她的私人邮箱回答我预订和酒店查询)。在知道我们是来庆祝我们的结婚10周年 - 她开始准备....房间和床的装饰,仿佛这是我的新婚之夜,在那3天里,收到到至少3束玫瑰,他们甚至给我们小蛋糕。。

快速地提到温泉池 - 记不清有多少,但它是不可能在2 天完成他们 - 这样做,哈哈,会太饿了。你可以看到他们的殷勤的服务 - 他们跑起来,为您提供一条毛巾,这样你就不会冷,这是非常象我喜欢的泰国。我们连续2天做按摩或水疗,我试过更好的,但也不错。按摩技师实际上是跳过晚饭,因为我们订的按摩,不知不觉地在他们的晚餐时间。我们稍后再补偿他们提供一些“送餐服务”的食物。当然,他们都过来说感谢。

我第一天的按摩有些不快,因为我没有把我的房卡口袋还有温泉券带上,他们也没有行使正确的指示的按摩,我提前2小时预订,我发了一些小脾气,我承认我是一个混蛋。 哦,还有杂技,歌曲和舞蹈表演()每天在温泉区,它开始于下午3时及晚上8时,持续约1小时。避免那些时间 按摩- 你不能休息。

好吧 - 我已经写了太多。

我承认我是混蛋在小事情上做文章,他们让我感觉非常的内疚,他们足足道了两天的歉;这两天也尽力满足我的无理要求。我的确是一个混蛋,可他们从我得到了5分!

- 很不错的!

吃碰卫!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2013

If you have a chance, do take this in. I've been to lots of hotsprings in various countries, but haven't found one better than this anywhere. Also, the shortish hike in the forest at the back of the resort is lovely.

Room Tip: If you take a "tour" from a Hong Kong company, you might get a lower room rate, as we did.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank eigonosensay
manila
Reviewed 17 October 2012

definitely the best hotspring i've been too. the service is also great. all their staff are accomodating. and the food is just great! i never usually like hotel buffet but this one is different. i enjoyed their buffet, plenty of choices.

same with their hotspring pool, a lot of varieties which everyone can enjoy. kids, adults and even the elder ones. although there were alot of guests when we went there last month, the hotel and hotspring were all well maintained. very clean.

will definitely go back here with the entire family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank belleblushes
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Of the 16 years of working and living in China, never had I ever experienced such an incredibly awesome service. From the time my sister, our 70 year old mum and I decided to go to Bishuiwan for the weekend right up to the time after we left, we were pampered with royalty treatment!

Before we got there, a staff called me to ask by what means of transportation we were taking to get there. She then text me a detailed description of how to get there including the time taken. We were honestly not expecting anything more than that until we got there. The room we stayed in was superb, the food was great and the hot springs were marvelous. But most of all, the awesome hospitality we experienced was simply beyond words. Knowing that my mum was abstaining from sugar, the staff prepared unsweetened herbal tea for her without being asked to. Sweetened herbal tea was served at the hot springs. My mum was pleasantly baffled by the hospitality and attention showered upon her. She received a total of 17 heart-warming handwritten notes from the staff. They were all personalized and specially written to my mum each with a different purpose such as advising her how to relief her failing knees and what kind of fruits to eat and what not to at her age and health condition. I was handed a clean plastic bag to put my swimming trunks in after I was done with the hot springs and after I had showered. I was then asked if I would like the trunks to be spun dry while I was changing and sure enough my trunks were ready when I was changed.

I could go on and on writing about how thoughtful and wonderful the staff were but I think I should leave some for others to write about. In short, all the staff were absolutely lovable!!! The hot spring management must have a hell of a wonderful hospitality training program! This is one place we would definitely visit again !!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SpiritualRomanticist
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It's been one of our dreams to visit an outdoor spring ever since our aborted trip to Japan, following the earthquake and tsunami of last year (RIP to those who were lost). It was during a recent trip to China that we lept at the chance to visit one.

We booked through a local travel agent for the princely sum of £14 for the return coach journey and entry to Bishuiwan.

We arrived at the pick up point nice and early and set off to the hot spring on a, not very modern, coach, which left me a little woozy. Nevermind, because once we got there we were essentially treated like royalty.

We were led to the changing areas (ladies in one, gents in the other), where you were given a locker (with electronic key), changed into flipflops and then ushered into the lounge area, where we were plied with drinks (tea, water, coffee, soft drinks, that kind of thing), prepared fruit (melon, oranges, tomatoes, guava, etc.). Afterwards, you were free to go back into the changing areas and change into your swim wear.

Before heading to the outdoor hot springs, we took in a herbal sauna. Having never been in a sauna before I had to will myself to stop from passing out from the heat. However, even that was great. We then headed to outside, it was cold and drizzling, but once we jumped into our first hot spring, it was nothing less than awesome.

The place is littered with springs of different types. There was a coffee pool, a tea pool, a milk pool was rumoured to be a round but was closed for cleaning, jet pools, massage pools, pools with those fish which peck at your feet, there was a twin pool called 'fire and ice' - one pool was 40 degrees, the other freezing. There were hot stone beds, a swimming pool, there's even a conference pool where, erm, you can hold internet and face to face meetings (yeah, I KNOW!!!).

Also, with your ticket you get a meal voucher, okay the meal wasn't especially great, in fact, for me it was poor, but my family lapped it up, and for £14 for the day you can't really complain. Drinks were free and staff often came up to you with trays of water to keep you hydrated or with fresh towels. I even saw staff run out to people with umbrellas to escort people to and from buildings or between pools...

There was even a show during the day - singing and dancing and some acrobatics - nothing spectacular, but a very nice touch indeed. I can't stress how helpful staff were - though it will probably pay if you have a mandarin speaker with you.

All in all, a fantastic day out and totally recommended.

*Note: The place is also attached to a hotel, but we didn't stay there, but by all accounts staff and facilities there as just as good as the hot spring section.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ReviewChimp
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Friends took us to the Bishuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Inn last weekend and I was blown away. It was a wonderful experience, the springs were awesome - clean and inviting - and the staff could not have been friendlier or more professional. It won Best Hotel for Tourism in the whole of China in 2008, and I'm not surprised.

The springs themselves are well worth a visit. We arrived in the evening and I was pleased and surprised that the springs were open until 1am, so we spent the evening enjoying the huge number of pools with different (allegedly!) therapeutic values, such as the tea pool, the coffee pool, the wine (yes, wine!) pool and many many many more. There were 2 fish pools that we found, 1 with Indonesian fish and one with Turkish fish, both there to nibble the dry hard skin from your feel. Sounds disgusting (!), but once you get past how much their nibbling tickles, it's surprisingly enjoyable!

The massages were great, they are an extra cost but worth it in my opinion. You can opt for short 20-30 minute massages on your head, or legs, or neck, back and shoulders, and so on. They are about 38-48 RMB per massage. Longer, deeper Thai or other massages for 90 minutes cost around 250 RMB.

We stayed in the most basic room, which still cost around 1180 RMB for 1 night. But the room was great - clean, full of complimentary toiletries and fruit. The large, flat-screen TV has lots of channels, but be warned as with most hotels, they are almost all in Chinese. On a few channels they have some English language programmes and movies, so you'll have to keep flicking through until you find something worth watching!

We went to bed around 1am and unfortunately the room next door held some very happy, noisy people so I couldn't get to sleep until around 3am. I didn't bother calling the reception, because I wasn't sure if they would understand what I was saying (a previous experience in another hotel in Guangzhou meant I am loathe to use the telephone to convey a problem to reception). I mentioned it to my friends in the morning and they told the reception staff. We checked out after breakfast as checkout time is before 12pm, and we wanted to use the hot pools again until ready to leave mid-afternoon (if you stay at the hotel you can use the facilities all day on the day you checkout) and as we were leaving the room, one reception staff member arrived with apology teddies for us, which I have given to my delighted daughters! I was amazed at the care and concern they showed toward us and just left me with such a positive experience of this hotel that I would love to go back when I next visit Guangzhou. The reception manager even gave me a little card (in Chinese), addressed to me and handwritten by her, thanking us for staying and hoping that we had enjoyed ourselves and would return soon. Little touches like that are the difference between a good hotel and a fabulous one, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as they overlook a pool and the lake. The ones at the front have views o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ProudMumOf3
UK
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The hotel management must have a brilliant hotel service industry training programme as ALL the staff are pleased to help and serve and some even would go out of their way to make you feel at home. I simply had a tickly throat and coughed twice as I walked into the breakfast restaurant. Ten minutes later, the receptionist who greeted me at the entrance brought a bowl of soothing white fungus and red date sweet soup to sooth my throat - a special one she asked the kitchen to prepare for me. Very impressed was another incident when we asked casually about direction to a nearby sightseeing spot. We were given not just verbal advice but also a hand-drawn map with all details the next day when we thought they had forgotten about it. Bathroom clean but not 5-star standard. The hot spring baths are all very wonderful. By the way, the hotel name says Holiday Inn but it is not at all related to the Holiday Inn chain. The standard is far better than that of the world hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank Unknown0310
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guangzhou
Imperial Springs
Hawana Resort GuangZhou
Hawana Resort GuangZhou
#1,258 of 3,430 in Guangzhou
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Conghua
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa...
#1,223 of 3,430 in Guangzhou

Been to Bishuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!