“Nice alternative for a weekend out of Guangzhou”

Bishuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Inn
Ranked #59 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Guangzhou, China
“Nice alternative for a weekend out of Guangzhou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Typical big Chinese hotel, nothing special to mention. Restaurants are more or less, dedicated to mass tourism.

Great spa though ! Tremendous amount of different small spa's with different flavours, and great service. Not too crowded, also nice to go with your kids. Very well organized, you get an electronic tag with which you can pay everywhere, so no need to carry cash around.

Will return next winter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

One of the best hot spring pools and spas resorts in china,Very good services and friendly smiling staff & very clean place.
I recommend this place to Any one want to come to Gangzhou city, it is 1 hour by local coach in north of the city in the green area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank diya777
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

went there for a 2D1N trip for the hot spring experience with my love. we booked this through the china travel service (HK) with coach and hotel. the price was reasonable and we picked this one rather than the other one for conghua 'cos the agent said this one was better in a way. since this hotel/resort is located in a very remote area, so we had our lunch, dinner and breakfast all at this hotel restaurant. the food we ordered were local signature dishes/ingredients and cooked in a healthy way, this topped the retreat trip up. we then had the chance to go for the hotspring, which was pretty good.though some of them were filled by noisy kids or some were not available. but all in all, it was a satisfactory experience. people who chose this hotel and have extra time might also wanna check out the rafting experience on the river. it's definitely very peaceful and gets ur minds off things with the jawsdropping scenery. their service was great when checking in, one big point very noticeable esp when it's so rare to find in a hotel in mainland.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baboon000
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is one of the best service hotel & resort I had so far!

I mean as soon as you stepped out of the crappy taxi that claims that he does not know the whereabouts of this hotel and was forced to drive us here by the airport traffic control officer; you get a nice welcome from the lobby.

One sweet young lady came to greet me and my wife. she introduced herself as Ms.Lee something that she will be the Guest Relationship Officer (GRO) attending to us, she assist us to get into the honeymoon suite which we booked in advance (OH, did I even mentioned the reservation department lady even replied my enquiries about the reservation and hotel with my private email address?). After knowing that we are there to celebrate our 10th year anniversary - she starts preparing.... the room and bed were decorated as though it was my wedding night, my wife got roses for the 3 days of stay there, we even had a cake from them which we uses in slightly more than eating... *censored*

A quick mentioned on the Hot Spring pools - lost count how many are there but it is impossible to finished trying them all in 2 days - you get too hungry doing that haha. You can see their eagerness in servicing - they RUN UP to you to offer you a towel so that you will not be cold, this is very much like Thailand I think - land of smiles. We did massage or spa for consecutively 2 days; I have tried better ones but alas, this is good enough. The massage ladies actually skipped dinner because we booked the massages unknowingly during their dinner hours. I compensate them later by delivering them some "room service" food. Of course, they came to look for us to say thanks.

There are some unhappiness during day one for the massage, as I did not bring my room card pocket that has the Hotspring vouchers, (ALWAYS bring the key card pocket along) they did exercise the correct instruction for the type of massage I booked 2 hours in advance, I made a fuss over the counter and with the massage, the bloody massage was also spoiled by the loud performance music. Oh, there are 2 performances (acrobatics, songs & dances) daily at the Hot Spring area, I think it starts at 3pm and 8pm and last for about 1 hour. Avoid those timing for massage - you can't rest with that noise.

Ok - I have wrote too much.

I admit I am jerk kicking a fuss out of the small things, and they made me feel bad by apologising for 2 days and doing their best to meet my most stringent unreasonable demands. I am indeed a jerk and they got 5 stars from me!

Be there - it is good!

Eat Meet Wes!

这是一个最好的服务酒店及度假村!

我的意思是,只要你走出蹩脚的出租车,声称,他不知道这家酒店的下落,被机场交通管制人员强迫载我们到这;从大厅开始,你就会得到一个不错的欢迎。

一个甜美的年轻女士来迎接我和我的妻子。她介绍自己为李学习,她将是我们的客户关系主任(GRO),她协助我们进入我们提前预订了蜜月套房(OH,我什至没有提到预定部门女士甚至用她的私人邮箱回答我预订和酒店查询)。在知道我们是来庆祝我们的结婚10周年 - 她开始准备....房间和床的装饰,仿佛这是我的新婚之夜,在那3天里,收到到至少3束玫瑰,他们甚至给我们小蛋糕。。

快速地提到温泉池 - 记不清有多少,但它是不可能在2 天完成他们 - 这样做,哈哈,会太饿了。你可以看到他们的殷勤的服务 - 他们跑起来,为您提供一条毛巾,这样你就不会冷,这是非常象我喜欢的泰国。我们连续2天做按摩或水疗,我试过更好的,但也不错。按摩技师实际上是跳过晚饭,因为我们订的按摩,不知不觉地在他们的晚餐时间。我们稍后再补偿他们提供一些“送餐服务”的食物。当然,他们都过来说感谢。

我第一天的按摩有些不快,因为我没有把我的房卡口袋还有温泉券带上,他们也没有行使正确的指示的按摩,我提前2小时预订,我发了一些小脾气,我承认我是一个混蛋。 哦,还有杂技,歌曲和舞蹈表演()每天在温泉区,它开始于下午3时及晚上8时,持续约1小时。避免那些时间 按摩- 你不能休息。

好吧 - 我已经写了太多。

我承认我是混蛋在小事情上做文章,他们让我感觉非常的内疚,他们足足道了两天的歉;这两天也尽力满足我的无理要求。我的确是一个混蛋,可他们从我得到了5分!

- 很不错的!

吃碰卫!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

If you have a chance, do take this in. I've been to lots of hotsprings in various countries, but haven't found one better than this anywhere. Also, the shortish hike in the forest at the back of the resort is lovely.

Room Tip: If you take a "tour" from a Hong Kong company, you might get a lower room rate, as we did.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank eigonosensay
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

definitely the best hotspring i've been too. the service is also great. all their staff are accomodating. and the food is just great! i never usually like hotel buffet but this one is different. i enjoyed their buffet, plenty of choices.

same with their hotspring pool, a lot of varieties which everyone can enjoy. kids, adults and even the elder ones. although there were alot of guests when we went there last month, the hotel and hotspring were all well maintained. very clean.

will definitely go back here with the entire family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank belleblushes
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Of the 16 years of working and living in China, never had I ever experienced such an incredibly awesome service. From the time my sister, our 70 year old mum and I decided to go to Bishuiwan for the weekend right up to the time after we left, we were pampered with royalty treatment!

Before we got there, a staff called me to ask by what means of transportation we were taking to get there. She then text me a detailed description of how to get there including the time taken. We were honestly not expecting anything more than that until we got there. The room we stayed in was superb, the food was great and the hot springs were marvelous. But most of all, the awesome hospitality we experienced was simply beyond words. Knowing that my mum was abstaining from sugar, the staff prepared unsweetened herbal tea for her without being asked to. Sweetened herbal tea was served at the hot springs. My mum was pleasantly baffled by the hospitality and attention showered upon her. She received a total of 17 heart-warming handwritten notes from the staff. They were all personalized and specially written to my mum each with a different purpose such as advising her how to relief her failing knees and what kind of fruits to eat and what not to at her age and health condition. I was handed a clean plastic bag to put my swimming trunks in after I was done with the hot springs and after I had showered. I was then asked if I would like the trunks to be spun dry while I was changing and sure enough my trunks were ready when I was changed.

I could go on and on writing about how thoughtful and wonderful the staff were but I think I should leave some for others to write about. In short, all the staff were absolutely lovable!!! The hot spring management must have a hell of a wonderful hospitality training program! This is one place we would definitely visit again !!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SpiritualRomanticist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guangzhou
Imperial Springs
#39 of 102 in Conghua
Wanfeng Hotspring Hotel
Wanfeng Hotspring Hotel
#382 of 3,394 in Guangzhou

Been to Bishuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!