“Bedbugs !!! Stay away from this hotel”

Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel
Ranked #1,648 of 3,506 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I was there in October 2011, room 521 had matress full of bedbugs. I got more than 150 bites in one night. Terrible experience.
Experts say that when an Hotel room got bedbugs better you change the hotel and not the room.
For sure they need a serious desenfest.
When I showed them my bites they immediately understood what was going on and changed my room. But this is not enough.
My suggestion is: stay away from this hotel

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Bruno P

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Very tacky and distastefully decorated hotel, be prepared for a lot of gold trimmings... everywhere.
The location is good if you need to be in the Tianhe area of Guangzhou but 30 minutes from the center of Guangzhou.
The rooms are very humid and the carpets have a terrible odor.
The breakfast is mediocre, the carpet is so dirty in the breakfast area that it takes away your appetite.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Hi,

We went to China on China Canton Fairs, we have booked 2 rooms. After 12 hours of flight and airport we arrived to the hotel. But they told us they don't have a room for us. We booked rooms, we gave them card.
In the same sitation was around 15-20 people.

We waited 6 hours becuase nobody told us that there aren't room for us. (they told us to wait until 1pm to check in)
they English level was very low, they offered us 2 times more expensive hotel in completly diffrent place.

Some people said that they did it purpose. I don't care after 12 hours of flight, 6 hours in the hall I was very unhappy and tired.

We had to change hotel we waisted around more 10 hours because the servie, information wasn't good.

Please do not go there, when you go to the Canton Fairs.
About rooms I can't say anything because I haven't seen them.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GoodMan7025
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Firstly I never bother writing reviews, so writing a review highlights how strongly I FEEL about this Hotel... Firstly they falsley advertise that they have HBO CNN and BBC, They have none of these channels, only chinese, on telling the hotel manager, he offered me fruit,,... i.e. an orange or apple... LOL! ... Rooms are tacky and smell like someone has smoked atleast 3 cartons on ciggarettes, this is despite electing a non-smoking room. the bed is like sleeping on solid concrete, , they only give u a toothbrush and thats it... the shampoo and soap are dispensed via a dispenser, This hotel tries to pull off highclass elegance, it fails miserably, I rate this hotel 2.5 star MAX!!!!!!!!! ... do yourself a favour stay somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Aryatravel03
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Do not expect someone will help you with luggage. Lobby and room style may be a shock for western travellers, a kind of Chinese baroque with plenty of golden plasters, but in any case clean, rooms quite comfortable and definitely cheap; breakfast decent. Rooms and beds wide but mattress really too hard, after two nights I start suffering backache. Next time I will not repeat the experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 12 November 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 28 October 2009

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Travellers also viewed these Guangzhou hotels
Guangzhou Nan Guo Hotel
Guangzhou Nan Guo Hotel
#1,512 of 3,506 in Guangzhou
Paco Business Hotel(Saimachang Branch)
Paco Business Hotel(Saimachang B...
#1,215 of 3,506 in Guangzhou
#413 of 3,506 in Guangzhou
Nanyang King's Gate Hotel
Nanyang King's Gate Hotel
#1,101 of 3,506 in Guangzhou

Been to Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel

Address: No.11 Tianfu Road, Huangpu Avenue Middle, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510630, China
Region: China > Guangdong > Guangzhou
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#217 Luxury Hotel in Guangzhou
Price Range: £43 - £312 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nan Yang Royal Guangzhou