“Good price hotel in Tianhe District”

Guansheng Huangshibao Hotel
Ranked #1,233 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
San Francisco, California
“Good price hotel in Tianhe District”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I got a good price on this 4.5 star hotel during Chinese New Year. My cousin and I enjoyed the experience there. It is very beautiful inside and the room is clean. The hotel stay include a morning buffet. Since I am a 4+ marathon runner, I eat a lot of food. That is a plus in the morning. The pretty women clerks there don't know English well but some do in 2009ish. I asked one of them out and they enjoy my company.
Running around that neighborhood needs a lot of traffic attention. Sidewalk will abruptly end so you will be forced into the traffic. Since there is a lot of open spaces between buldings, I run into some of the building and come out the other side which is much safer. If security guards is around, don't worry, they are not as fast and motivated to chase you. :) Safety first.

Room Tip: Try looking search engine for good price
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Well proximity to the Pazhou exhibition halls made me choose this hotel.
the venue was indeed close to the exhibition but the hotel was too too over powering and over decorated (to be honest not to my taste), but i am sure there is clientele for that too. well al the features and facilities of any top hotel were all present , all there, its just the decor that just does not gel (with a certain type of client).
other wise a hearty breakfast and off to the exhibition was the best way to do it from this hotel.

Room Tip: please see the rooms on the website, the pic shown is not just of some suite (as one may think) all...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We went as a corporate group for a conference after the Chinese new year. The hotel could not organize an airport pick up.
The room I was allotted was ok. Lot of gold trimmings give a royal look.
The conference rooms on 3rd floor was not at at all. Spring rolls in the morning and evening snacks all five days.
Lunch options did not change much as well.
The hotel is way away from all the shopping areas.
tried going out to a restaurant near the hotel. Had to walk 5 blocks to get to a decent non Chinese restaurant.
surely not more than a 3 star.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank CEPUGAZH
Brescia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

I was there in October 2011, room 521 had matress full of bedbugs. I got more than 150 bites in one night. Terrible experience.
Experts say that when an Hotel room got bedbugs better you change the hotel and not the room.
For sure they need a serious desenfest.
When I showed them my bites they immediately understood what was going on and changed my room. But this is not enough.
My suggestion is: stay away from this hotel

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Bruno P

Travellers are raving about these Guangzhou hotels

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Very tacky and distastefully decorated hotel, be prepared for a lot of gold trimmings... everywhere.
The location is good if you need to be in the Tianhe area of Guangzhou but 30 minutes from the center of Guangzhou.
The rooms are very humid and the carpets have a terrible odor.
The breakfast is mediocre, the carpet is so dirty in the breakfast area that it takes away your appetite.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Hi,

We went to China on China Canton Fairs, we have booked 2 rooms. After 12 hours of flight and airport we arrived to the hotel. But they told us they don't have a room for us. We booked rooms, we gave them card.
In the same sitation was around 15-20 people.

We waited 6 hours becuase nobody told us that there aren't room for us. (they told us to wait until 1pm to check in)
they English level was very low, they offered us 2 times more expensive hotel in completly diffrent place.

Some people said that they did it purpose. I don't care after 12 hours of flight, 6 hours in the hall I was very unhappy and tired.

We had to change hotel we waisted around more 10 hours because the servie, information wasn't good.

Please do not go there, when you go to the Canton Fairs.
About rooms I can't say anything because I haven't seen them.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GoodMan7025
Guangzhou, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

Firstly I never bother writing reviews, so writing a review highlights how strongly I FEEL about this Hotel... Firstly they falsley advertise that they have HBO CNN and BBC, They have none of these channels, only chinese, on telling the hotel manager, he offered me fruit,,... i.e. an orange or apple... LOL! ... Rooms are tacky and smell like someone has smoked atleast 3 cartons on ciggarettes, this is despite electing a non-smoking room. the bed is like sleeping on solid concrete, , they only give u a toothbrush and thats it... the shampoo and soap are dispensed via a dispenser, This hotel tries to pull off highclass elegance, it fails miserably, I rate this hotel 2.5 star MAX!!!!!!!!! ... do yourself a favour stay somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business