“Top Notch Experience”

Ranked #3 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Chicago, IL
“Top Notch Experience”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

To start off, the lobby is gorgeous. Marble floors and an ornate fountain greet you as soon as you enter. The staff was polite and helpful, going above and beyond with some transportation needs I had during my stay.
Although I prefer modern, minimalist decor, I had to admit the rooms were impressive. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean and beautifully decorated. No issues with the room temperature or the wifi - all worked just fine.
If I could, I would give 6 stars to the breakfast buffet (especially the chocolate croissants) but only 2-3 stars for the room-service food. It may be just a matter of preference, but I would recommend the buffet to anyone who stays here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Arunda01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lexington, MA
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The hotel is so nice in almost every aspect. Very classic in decoration, very comfortable room and bed...I had an exellent stay. I was very impressed with the hotel staff, always very courteous and responsive.

The hotel is located in CBD area of Guangzhou, an up and coming modern section, but not many places to walk to get street vendor food and shopping. If this is not important to you, then this is an exellent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I stayed at the Ritz 2 weeks for business and I loved the hotel. The rooms are spacious and they pay attention to every detail when it comes to amenities. They had bottles of free water and a bowl full of fruit waiting for me when I got in the room (and replenished throughout my stay).

The breakfast buffet has a lot of selection from Western, Middle Eastern, to Asian. I loved this raisin and almond croissant pastry at the buffet. The dinner buffet was so-so because the selection had a lot of overlap from the breakfast buffet. I absolutely loved the burger at the Churchill Bar. It's better than most burgers that I've had in the US. I quite enjoyed the Italian restaurant as well (I ate there 5 times).

As for location, there's the Guangdong museum and the opera house nearby but not much else. I wish there were stores and restaurants nearby but I had to take a taxi everytime I needed to go somewhere.

Service is impeccable here as well. Everyone speaks English here. And I had no problems communicating with the front desk, concierge, doorman, bellhops, waitstaff, etc.

This hotel would have been perfect if it was in a better location but overall a great place.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This may be the best hotel I have ever stayed in...EVER! (and I have stayed in comparable hotels).

I was on a business trip and had already been to Shanghai. I was stressed out from the flights and rushing around. Then...I entered an oasis in the desert. Everything was perfect from the moment I stepped into the door. At check in, they didn't have my room ready, but they not only found me another king room, but reduced my room rate (probably due to the fact that I lost my river view, but it was nice of them to reduce the rate!).

The hotel is gorgeous and the regular rooms are huge. There is a little sitting area and a spacious desk to set up the computer. The flat screen tv was quite a nice touch (and huge), though I didn't use it. The bathroom amenities were phenomenal. There's a separate shower, tub and double sinks. If you forgot anything at home - no need to worry - it's all there for you.

The bed was so comfortable. The linens were beautiful and comfortable. There is nightly turn-down with slippers, water, and your tea setup.

I can't say enough about the breakfast buffet. It doesn't matter where you are from - they have food for you. I tried almost every item there and everything was delicious. The French pastries were a highlight - and beautifully done. You can even get your favorite coffee drink to go.

The service was impeccable. Everything was perfect, the staff spoke almost perfect English and this is definitely one of the best Ritz properties I have been in. The bar is huge. If I have one complaint (which is tiny), it is that the bar has a ton of whiskey options and only 2 wines by the glass (2 red, 2 white). I also tried the Italian restaurant, which was delicious. Both the bar and the restaurant were reasonably priced.

The spa was also fantastic. I went in at 9pm and asked for an appointment immediately and they more than accommodated. Everything was impeccable.

Definitely a must-stay in Guangzhou.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2011

This was my first experience with Ritz and I'm definetely loyal to them now....Check in was super fast, staff was friendly and fluent in English. We booked the club room with unlimited access to their club lounge. The club lounge was this huge living space that constantly had food/drinks ...absolutely perfect for my little one to run around and gave a chance for the adults to relax. The Chinese restaurant was incredible, their attention to detail on food was both good to admire and taste. The room was large and had a very classy/grand interior. Super huge and comfy beds. The complimentary breakfast was up to standards with most 5 star hotels, a huge variety to choose from, lots of sitting area. A wonderful experience at the Ritz!

Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This hotel is really something. so Big and so nice. the stuff, the ambiente, the rooms the service and for the value of money its really something speciall. It has very very big rooms and super cool luxurious rooms. for the mony you are paying you really get what you want. Its a bit outside of the city and never forget to write everthing in chinese lettes for the cab drivers. Really a beautiful and nice hotel without many coments!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Not like any other Ritz Carlton hotel , When I called this hotel , Hotel reservation told me 10 minutes walking from the Canton Fair, when I arrived I found out the hotel is 20 minute from the Canton Fair.
The elevator was very slow I have to wait several minutes to use the elevator,
Food in the room service is very lousy, there are two restaurant in the hotel the waiters do not speak English and do not understand me and they offer you the most expensive food and wine and the wine was match with the food I ordered . the Chinese restaurant did not want to change the wine , I arrived during the Guangzhou Asian games and had to take a shuttle to go to major street to get a taxi

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business