The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou
US$136
Trip.com
US$265
1,130 results
All reviewschurchill barcanton towerthe club loungeopera housetv towerasian gamescanton fairbreakfast buffetthe pearlriver viewfitness centerbusiness tripluxurious hotelfantastic stayspecial thanksamazing hotelhome away from home
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Strategically located near a number of tourist spots in Guangzhou, Ritz is definitely the right place to be at. Apart from the 5-star facilities and amenities, service is truly applaudable. The staff pay attention to the tiniest details and you can almost trust them to think 3 steps in advance to make your stay at Ritz an unforgettable one.

P.s. The non-smoking rooms really smell free from cigarette (unlike many of the hotels out there). Not a easy task, but they did it really well. A plus plus if you dislike the lingering smoke smell like I do

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewRogersRCGZ, Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear linnadd,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Guangzhou. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your stay with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in Guangzhou. Again, thank you very much for your recognition, we will celebrate with our Ladies and Gentlemen.

Christopher Sommers
Director of Operations

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had a business trip in February and stayed there for one night. The room is spacious and clean. It has free wifi so that I can do facetime with my family. The executive floor is quite nice. It's comfortable and a nice place to meet up with clients.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear FATC38,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel and I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou. Definitely the club experience you enjoyed highlights the finest service we pledge to provide to our guests.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and I always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Majestic facilities, beautiful decoration, great service. Couldn´t be more impressed with this hotel, and specially with the breakfast buffet, which was to die for. The spa is also a must, with its pools and hamm

1  Thank rubba777
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear rubba777,

Thank you so much for your compliments. It will be absolutely a big recognition and motivation to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We will pass your praises to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We look forward to welcoming you again in Ritz-Carlton and experience the genuine care and dedicated legendary service. Let us stay with you.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Between business meetings in Hong Kong and at weekend, it makes sense to take the 2-hour train ride to Guangzhou and to the Ritz Carlton, the latter being more important for my choice than Guangzhou. I stayed at this hotel about one year ago and had fondest memory of one of the highest level of hospitality I have experienced in any hotel anywhere. You cannot fail to be warmly greeted almost anywhere within the hotel, and I suspect that staff are seriously trained to impress guests to feel at home. And to think this is Guangzhou, not particularly known for service, it is incredible. Some of the Club Lounge staff still can address me by name. They are encouraged to engage themselves in friendly conversation with guests, and with discretion so that there is never a problem that they may disturb. The hotel's rooms are large in size and decorated in a manner which can be described as a good fusion between East and West. The Chinese call this European style, and Westerner find touches of Chinoiserie in many aspects, particularly in furniture. Attention to details is impeccable. Tea pockets contents are not a tea bag but very high quality fresh Chinese leaves of several sorts that you won't find in any other hotel. My room has excellent river view overlooking the the Guangzhou Tower,Trade Fair site and the Asian Game stadium, and Opera house and Provincial museum are a stone's throw. This will be the most sought-after area of Guangzhou, although there are still constructions going on. The hotel has an excellent Chinese restaurant and an authentic Italian restaurant, where you will see the Italian chef always out socializing with customers at dessert time. Everything here demonstrates a great sense of warmth. Staying on Club Level is recommended, because it is at the Club lounge that you experience what the service is like. This lounge actually serve food in 5 sessions in a day and can be described as "full pension". That is why I return to this amazing hotel just to relax and enjoy between business engagements. The price is high but just about what you pay for Ritz Carlton Hong Kong, with accommodation of same quality and even higher level of hospitality.

Room Tip: If view is important take a River View room on high floor. I also like the view of the Pearl River City skyline. All rooms are at least 50 square meters
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank awhw
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear awhw,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill all your needs during your recent stay with us in Guangzhou. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your beautiful river view room, the Club level service and our restaurants Lai Heen and LIMONI. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good: great service -looks like they work hard on their staff and staff works hard to please their guests...excellent buffet even if 99% of items were the same 4 meals in a row...nice touch of french plunger for room coffee...and the best pillows EVER!
Bad: terrible lighting for make-up, and terrible lighting in general, long wardrobe mirrors that look inside so you can't really see yourself full length (unless you lock yourself in that 20sqft space-creepy!), power plugs random and not working,
Ugly: sort of a cartoon image of what a Ritz might really be like in the West, very kitchy with a bizarre mix of excellent marble flooring with cheap wooden veneer in bedrooms, ugly cheap interiors

Room Tip: If you're a woman exec this hotel is not for you; if you want a view insist on getting one becuase the hotel is huge and I'm sure there's plenty on the side facing the river
3  Thank She_Exec
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear She_Exec,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments as they will help us to create better experiences for our guests in the future. I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but do hope that you will give us a chance to make it up in your future travels to Guangzhou.

Please feel free to reach out to me at Andrew.Rogers@ritzcarlton.com, as I would like to hear more about your experience.

Warmest regards,