The first great thing about the Ritz Carlton in Guangzhou is that it is located extremely well, right in the city centre, in a really nice part of town. (The Guangzhou Library is right in front of it, and so is a beautiful public garden where you can walk or jog.)
The second great thing about this hotel is the facilities, which are par excellent. The gym is well equipped, open around the clock; the bar and restaurants I tried were all great (both food and ambience); the room service standard was terrific and the breakfast buffet had enough variety never to get me bored in the one week I stayed there.
The best thing about this place though, and the one thing that would make me want to go back again for sure, is the staff. Whether it was the lady who came to pick me up at the station, the gentleman who brought me room service, or the lady who checked me out,they were all exceptionally friendly, genuine and went out of their way to make me feel at home. By Chinese standards, their English was excellent, and they constantly were on the look out for how to make my stay a more pleasant one.
The room was also very comfortable - the only thing I missed was an ironing board, but I requested them to set one up for me and they complied immediately - and overall, I had a great stay. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Guangzhou.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the new CBD Pearl River New City of Tianhe District, the 351-room Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou is a luxury destination in the hub of Southern China. With 40 minutes drive from Baiyun International Airport and ten minutes from Guangzhou East Railway Station, hotel provides travel routes to various destinations in China, including direct trains to Hong Kong which take less than two hours. A series of new city landmarks such as Guangzhou Opera House and Guangdong Museum are at just steps away from the hotel. Distinctive services and facilities include 6 restaurants and lounges serving Cantonese and Western favorites, special cigars and wines. From intimate groups of ten to a conference for 800, meetings planners can choose from over 1,000 square meters / 11,000 square feet of exceptional function space available in The Ritz-Carlton Grand Ballroom, three multifunctional meeting rooms, two boardrooms and spacious pre-function areas. An extensive health club and The Ritz-Carlton Spa(R) rejuvenate body and mind, while The Ritz-Carlton Club(R) Level anticipates guests' needs with its dedicated personalized service. The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou features 91 luxury serviced apartments of one to four bedrooms in size. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Guangzhou
- Ritz-Carlton Guangzhou
- Ritz Guangzhou
- Guangzhou Ritz Carlton Hotel