“Excellent Facilities; Incredibly Friendly People”

Ranked #5 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Excellent Facilities; Incredibly Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The first great thing about the Ritz Carlton in Guangzhou is that it is located extremely well, right in the city centre, in a really nice part of town. (The Guangzhou Library is right in front of it, and so is a beautiful public garden where you can walk or jog.)

The second great thing about this hotel is the facilities, which are par excellent. The gym is well equipped, open around the clock; the bar and restaurants I tried were all great (both food and ambience); the room service standard was terrific and the breakfast buffet had enough variety never to get me bored in the one week I stayed there.

The best thing about this place though, and the one thing that would make me want to go back again for sure, is the staff. Whether it was the lady who came to pick me up at the station, the gentleman who brought me room service, or the lady who checked me out,they were all exceptionally friendly, genuine and went out of their way to make me feel at home. By Chinese standards, their English was excellent, and they constantly were on the look out for how to make my stay a more pleasant one.

The room was also very comfortable - the only thing I missed was an ironing board, but I requested them to set one up for me and they complied immediately - and overall, I had a great stay. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Guangzhou.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks the park and library instead of the rooms that overlook the back s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear ShahineArdeshir,

Thank you for taking your time in sharing your recent stay experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed a great time with us, highlighting the great location, well-equipped gym, the bar and restaurants, terrific service and great breakfast buffet. Besides that, the Ladies and Gentlemen who have delivered the exceptional service always make me feel extremely proud. I am happy that the team have done a great job to make you feel at home. With the team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the “home away from home”.

Andrew C. Rogers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Excellent property with well trained staff who greet you and anticipate your needs the moment you step into this hotel. I stayed at this hotel last year (2013). Great service. However, there was construction right next to the premises for a mega mall cum office, etc that has contruction still late at night like 11pm. The construction noises can be heard at that hour when you are at your room. If you stay here, stay facing the river rather than facing the mega construction. It will be better to stay here after all construction completed for a good night sleep. No complaints on the service which as par excellence! This hotel is at a great location facing the brand new museum that looks space age and right next to the square facing the canton tower. Close to the new IFC and train station. Easy to get cabs.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the river rather than facing the mega construction.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear TC N,

Thank you very much for writing us this nice note. I'm very pleased to hear that our Ladies and Gentlemen had anticipated your needs during your recent stay and provided you with great service. As you noted, our River View rooms offer a great choice for our travelers while the office buildings are being finished nearby. Feel free to reach out to me directly and I'll coordinate our preference prior to your next arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou in the near future.

Andrew C. Rogers,
andrew.rogers@ritzcarlton.com
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recommended by friends that Limoni is the best Italian restaurant in Guangzhou long ago, and finally, we went there to have a try. I am a big fan into Italian cuisine and my favorite is Spaghetti Carbonara, I actually order it every time since I go to an Italian restaurant in China. Unfortunately, none of the previous ones could be compared with what I always have in Italy. This time, however, all the memories just came back after I tried the Spaghetti Carbonara in Limoni. The feeling was just AMAZING!!! Thank you very much chef Luca, I will definitely show up when I miss Italy badly

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jacky,

Thank you so much for taking your time in sharing your enjoyable experience at LIMONI with us. LIMONI is absolutely your best choice if you are looking for something truely Italian. The Chef de Cuisine Luca Pecorari, with his team, is always full of energy and passion in cooking, of which authenticity of Italian is guaranteed at LIMONI. I love to hear that your favorite food is Spaghetti Carbonara, which is also my choice.

Andrew C. Rogers,
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at RCGZ with my wife for one week during the Canton Fair. Both of us were pretty impressed by this amazing hotel, especially our breakfast experience at Foods. We can taste different kinds of food and we love the dim sums most. Even though it was quite busy during the Canton Fair, in addition, the employees here were really nice and professional. We love their sincere smile and enthusiastic service, and they provided us very useful recommendations regarding to travelling in Guangzhou indeed. My wife and I were very satisfied with this experience and we will be back for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gzteddy
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Gzteddy,

Thank you so much for your compliments. It will be absolutely a big recognition and motivation to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We will pass your praises to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We look forward to welcoming you again in Ritz-Carlton and experience the genuine care and dedicated legendary service. Let us stay with you.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed for Canton Fair, they have a shuttle bus from and to the fair.They greet you, they make conversation with you, they have a great English skilled professionals.

Breakfast at FOODS is great and i also tried the Lai Heen Cantonese restaruanta, also great.

Would definitively come back in my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MatiasBA2014
Dear MatiasBA2014,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Guangzhou. You are absolutely experience the highlights of The Ritz- Carlton, Guangzhou: sumptuous buffet breakfast at FOODS all day dining restaurant and authentic Cantonese cuisines at Lai Heen. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in Guangzhou. Next time, you may visit those city landmarks including Huacheng Square, Guangzhou Opera House, Guangdong Museum, are all within walk-in distance. Again, thank you very much for your recognition.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed five nights at The Ritz-Carlton Guangzhou for the Canton Fair. The hotel was excellent, I had a corner room, felt like a suite. Huge bathroom. Very comfortable bed. Spotless. the breakfast buffet was top quality. Service at every level was outstanding. At one point, I was wheeling a small luggage through the lobby, and one of the staff insisted she handle it for me. I sat by the pool for a few minutes, it was a pleasant scene. Too bad there was construction going on nearby (it is China, there is construction going on nearby EVERYWHERE). I paid a lot for the room, not sure I would stay there again for that room rate.

Room Tip: Corner room felt like a suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sarelli,

Thank you for taking time in providing feedback to us. I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou. The very comfortable bed and breakfast buffet are definitely highlights of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed during the Canton fair and felt compelled to write a review, as I was so impressed with the service and the details of this exceptional, outstanding hotel.

From the time you step into the hotel you realize this is not just any five star hotel. It is really something else - amazing. A perfect symphony of hardware and software - that borders on being an art form to get right – which in my view the Ritz-Carlton has achieved perfectly in Guangzhou.

I stayed in the clubroom, which gives access to the club lounge. And oh boy is it worth staying in a club room. The lounge in the Ritz-Carlton is truly spectacular and probably the best hotel lounge I have ever been to, and I have stayed at virtually all the top hotels in the world. I am just to busy (or lazy!) to write a review for each hotel I stay at. But sometimes I feel compelled to write a review. And in the case of Ritz-Carlton Guangzhou I feel I would be doing the Ritz-Carlton an injustice if I did not share my wonderful experience.

The Ritz-Carlton business lounge is just a wonderful place to relax and catch up on the day’s business with your team. And if you are by yourself, just enjoy the great views and ambiance. The lounge has a wonderful atmosphere, great food and all the cocktails, wine and beer you could want. I really must congratulate Bryan, the lounge manager, and his wonderful team. I was blown away with the level of hospitality, class and graciousness of the whole team. They epitomize what a top class hotel should be with regards to hospitality; in fact they should be the benchmark.

Bravo Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BeHill
Dear BeHill,

Thank you so much for taking time in writing us such a nice review about the hotel and sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to know that our ladies and gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your recent stay with us in Guangzhou. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Club room, while the club lounge is regarded as the best hotel lounge in your heart. Definitely the club experience is fantastic and I am really glad that you had a great time there. I will be sure share your kind words with mye Club team.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.