“Great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3,466 Hotels in Guangzhou
Verona, Italy
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I spent 3 nights there. It has a spectacular view and one of the most complete breakfast I've ever seen.
It is a very good hotel but some details are not perfect as they should for such a 5 stars hotel. Bed is too soft and no different options. Internet speed not stable.

Room Tip: ask for a room vwit view on the new sports area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank massimo g
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Massimo G,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful Pearl River views and the large selection for breakfast. However, I’m disappointed to hear about the internet stability and softness of the bed. Prior to your next stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly at Andrew.rogers@ritzcarlton.com and I will personally coordinate a firmer bed and ensure the internet is running smoothly.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I wish you a speedy return!

Andrew C. Rogers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Rarely do honest still have the real service that I remember as a kid. The Ritz in Guangzhou had service levels hoteliers dream of. I stayed here twice this month for one night each and I have at least 4 examples of how far the little things go, and how a hotel can set themselves apart by just trying a little bit harder and clearly having a management team in place that knows how to train a team (Andrew and Chris make themselves available and really have this property running properly as well as Luca in the Italian restaurant)

1. Having a check-in agent meet you at the car with a credit card machine and the room keys already printed is a very nice touch, most people are traveling quite a bit to get to Guangzhou and going right to the room is great

2. We were walking into the Italian restaurant and my coworker mentioned to me his phone was about to die, the hostess offered to charge it and have him a claim check which was a nice touch (leaving our precious phones out of site is never a comfortable feeling, especially in a foreign country). Not only did she offer without being asked but came over after our appetizers to offer my coworker the option to have his phone now, leave it charging to bring it for him to check messages and then put it back on the charger after he checks, even mentioned it was up to 37% charged

3. During the same Italian meal I asked the waiter of the Caesar salad was made to order or prior (I'm allergic to anchovies but love Caesar salad, I get to eat it about 2 times a year). The chef overheard me ask and offered to make me a salad from scratch with no anchovies!!!!!! It was delicious and you are wise to bet I ate there on my next stay as well

4. Last but certainly not least, I was headed to the spa in the tiny slippers try have in all hotel rooms. I never understood why these things are small, it would for so many more people if it were just a bit bigger (albeit I am a size 14 and it wouldn't work for me the standard ones are really small). Anyway, I was in the elevator with the back half of my foot on the floor when a bellman turned and politely asked if I would like him to drop off a pair that would fit me in the spa or in my room. Really?? You saw my slippers didn't fit and offered my size, and had my size!!!!

This is what makes people become loyal to a hotel/brand. The little things go really far. By the way the regular things were also perfect, clean room etc

View of canton tower is also very nice and the pool

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank roryg13
Dear roryg13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experiences you enjoyed at our hotel in Guangzhou. I was so glad to hear about all of the the nice little touches that you experienced, even down to getting you the right size slippers!

I will be sure to share your kind comments with my team, and look forward to welcoming you back to Guangzhou again soon.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When one stays at a Ritz-Carlton, expectations are usually high but I must say that the Guangzhou Ritz was simply phenomenal. I stayed in a Club Room and it was, without question, the best I have had the opportunity to stay in anywhere in the world. I have stayed at other Ritz-Carlton properties in Shenzhen and Singapore and they do not hold a candle to the value offered in Guangzhou. The concierge was in touch with me via email in advance of my arrival to ensure that everything would be as expected and it most certainly was. The location was good, although in a city the size of Guangzhou, it is difficult to find any property that would meet everyone's needs. The room was great, and the staff were incredibly helpful with any need or desire. We also had a large function at the hotel that went extremely well. Fortunately, we had a reduced rate for our group so I cannot comment on the normal value for money, but from start to finish, this was superb!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy P
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Andy P,

It's a pleasure to read your comments and thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience with us. I feel very proud when getting to know our Ladies and Gentlemen had delivered great service to you during your stay and made your event successful. Definitely I will share your kind note with my team. Thank you again and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

You'll feel really special staying here. Guangzhou is so big and spread out, there's really no perfect neighborhood location, but it can be far from some of the other main tourist/shopping areas, like a 30 or 40 minute taxi... but it's also close to some of the newer areas.

The staff are amazing here, they all know your name right away. The concierge staff were particularly helpful. If usiing taxis to get around, have them write in Chinese all your destinations on cards to show the taxi drivers.

The lobby is gorgeous. I found a really good rate here, but food is super expensive. The dinner buffet is about $90, but looks spectacular. A la carte items are expensive, but a few more reasonable choices, like some Chinese dishes, and a hamburger etc. The food in the restaurant was amazing. The chef made a custom dish for me, not on the menu, to my liking, and it was just wonderful. Amazing service here. I think the breakfast buffet was about $50, so that starts getting expensive. Hunt for a Starbucks if you want to save money.

The standard room was gigantic in size, and appointed to the highest standards. Great wifi, great English t.v. channels too. Great insulation in the room, very quiet. If this room were in London, I have no doubt it would cost like $800 to $1,000 a night, so it's an amazing value here.

There are some shopping centers about 10 minutes walk, a convenience store possibly across a big street, and a 7-11 about a 10 minute walk (through the adjacent modern library building). A Starbucks about a 10 minute walk away, but it's the kind of hotel where it's not so easy to simply walk out the door and find other places to eat or shop. It's sort of in a business area with big buildings. They give lots of free bottled water in the room.

Looked like a subway station is about a 5 or 10 minute walk away. A nice pedestrian walking mall, and lots of beautiful modern buildings all over.

Overall, wonderful place with top staff. I do consider it an excellent value for what it is.

Room Tip: Views that include the gigantic Canton tower are about $50 more... that seems a bit pricey to me, bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pattayainsider
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Pattayainsider,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing us such a nice note. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, and were well taken care of by our Ladies and Gentlemen. I’m so glad you enjoyed the guest rooms, had a chance to enjoy our restaurants, and take advantage of our convenient location overlooking the Pearl River.

On your return trip, I recommend you take some time to explore the Library, Museum and Huacheng Square which are located just outside our front doorstep.

Until then, thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Guangzhou again soon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great Hotel to stay in, close by to everything. Rooms are nice and clean, quality hotel for Guangzhou area. Stayed there many times and they are always helpful. Very big variety for breakfast from all different countries. The Italian restaurant is great too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ziad K
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Ziad K,

Thank you so much for providing your feedbacks on your recent stay experience with us. I appreciate your continuous supports, staying at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou for many times. And I am delighted to know that you have been well taken care of by our Ladies and Gentlemen, who always make me feel proud of when the Ritz-Carlton genuine care and comfort is delivered to our guests. The buffet breakfast at FOODS and the authentic offerings at LIMONI are definitely the highlights in the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the “home away from home”.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Dining was excellent. The restaurant "Foods" was buffet style, and had dishes from all over the world. Something for everyone, and kid-friendly. Beautiful pool though construction outside hotel (construction rampant throughout Guangzhou) does create some noise pollution. Service in all areas was very. Had an issue with room air conditioner in one of the rooms that we had. Manager moved us to an upgraded room, which was a pain having to pack everything up, but new room was beautiful. Dining in hotel can be expensive.

Room Tip: Request a river view. City view is not very impressive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mikeys2,

Thank you so much for taking your time in writing this note and sharing your recent stay experience with us. I am thrilled to know you had a great time, enjoying the excellent buffet at FOODS and the exceptional service that all the Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou genuinely delivered to you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.

Andrew C. Rogers,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a party of 4 on a business trip to China and stayed at the Ritz for 3 nights. The staff in the club lounge was unbelievable. Each remembered names and who was with who. The concierge staff was incredibly amazing. I took a cab shopping about 15 minutes away from the hotel and could not get a cab to bring me back. It started to pour so I called my husband and asked him to ask the concierge what kind of cab I should be getting. She said forget that we are coming to get her. A Mercedes sedan shows up with driver and Pauling of the concierge staff with an umbrella and they take me back to hotel. Then Pauling spends time with me telling me all about Guangzhou, provides me with beautiful souvenir book and a gift for my grandson. It floored me! Then at breakfast my husband told the club lounge staff how much we enjoyed the inspirational saying cards on the tables each day. Before we left, they had gone out and bought the actual book the sayings came from and presented it to my husband. Really!
Rooms were absolutely beautiful and so clean. Anyone we encountered in the hotel was professional AND nice! What a place!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Ms. Kim K,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Guangzhou. You are absolutely experience the highlight of The Ritz- Carlton, Guangzhou: the hotel within hotel - Club Experience, which is definitely the best place to stay. I'm so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and our Ladies and Gentlemen had delivered exceptional service to you. I believe recognition spurs repeat performance and I will definitely share your kind comments with my team. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in Guangzhou. Again, thank you very much for your recognition.