Just returned from this hotel on 4/25/2009. Don't believe other reviewers too much regarding employee attitudes and/or accommodations. If one scrutinizes aything too closely, one is bound to find faults. I used to be that way. Trust me, I am a top shelf customer and can be extremely picky. But this place is the top of the top and delivers. I transferred from another hotel as a basket case (I won't go into it) and departed like a Hollywood movie star. They soft spokenly cater to your every whim and anticipate your needs like a 5-star + hotel is supposed to if you relax and give them a chance which is what I experienced: written directions to the cab driver for where I wanted to go in town, handling my plate for me on the buffet line, etc. There where times I walked around and didn't have to do or touch a thing for a serviceperson to understand what I needed and have it done. That's service. I smiled alot, relaxed and did alot of bowing and they seemd to hook me right up!
As far as I'm concerned, this hotel is a secret bargain at $195 US for the luxury. You wouldn't pay $195 for the Ritz in the US. For $195 US, I had a Pearl River view room, which you can view online, featuring floor-to-ceiling views of the river (spectacular at night!), extremely plush living/bedroom "suite" with private hallway, closet, master bathroom w/jacuzzi-style tub and flat-screen tv (CNN US & International), glass shower, remote control floor window shades, etc. Where else can you get that for $195? The hotel floor hallway carpets and doors are so thick you car hardly hear yourself. When you open the door to your "suite" and walk down your "hallway" revealing a panoramic view of the Pearl River all you feel is 10-star and a slice of heaven on Earth.
My tip for those complaining about the lack of neighboring concerns at the locations is to jump in a cab and head into town! At $3-5 US a cab ride, this is no difficult thing to do! I transferred from a hotel in a busier, crazier part of town (15 minutes away) and it was only 24CNY (~ $4 US) with traffic. At that rate, I would go shopping in the morning, come back, swim at the hotel, go out to get my hair done, come back, change clothes, and go out to the clubs for the evening again! Ask the hotel to write all the addresses you want to go to in English (for you) and Chinese (for the cab driver) in a notebook for you and be on your way! I would just hop in a cab and show the driver my little "black" notebook and all around town I went: movies, clubs, shopping, musuems, famous parks, Pearl River Cruise 2x... Why did I need the hotel to have everything developed around it? I didn't fly 10k miles to see another Barclays megastructure...
Did I say the food at the "Foods" restaurant was another exceptional bargain? I don't usually go in for the "hotel" priced meals thinking that's where they'll trap you since you're on their premises. At $28 US I initially though buffet breakfast would be a little pricey until I saw an unilimited 5-star quality italian expresso service, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, steak and lamb chops, dim sum, yangzhou fried rice cooked to order with your choice of fresh seafood picks, congee, fresh carved ham, and then the traditional bacon, eggs, and flapjacks. Needless to say I was hooked. Dinner was just as ridiculous with unlimited lobster tails, imported shucked Oysters, roast duck, more steak and lamb chops, tiramisu and on and on at $45 US. So, it's your choice in the new land of opportunity: you can spend $45 of unlimited eating on premises and take your plate to the rock garden with waterfalls, or you can jump in a cab and head into town for cheaper eats. All in all, how could anyone complain?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the new CBD Pearl River New City of Tianhe District, The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou is a luxury destination in the hub of Southern China. With 40 minutes drive from Baiyun International Airport and ten minutes from Guangzhou East Railway Station, our Guangzhou hotel provides travel routes to various destinations in China, including direct trains to Hong Kong which take less than two hours. A series of new city landmarks such as Guangzhou Opera House and Guangdong Museum are at just steps away from the hotel. An extensive health club and The Ritz-Carlton Spa(R) rejuvenate body and mind, while The Ritz-Carlton Club(R) Level anticipates guests' needs with its dedicated personalized service. The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou features 91 luxury serviced apartments of one to four bedrooms in size. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Guangzhou
- Ritz Guangzhou
- Ritz-Carlton Guangzhou
- Guangzhou Ritz Carlton Hotel