“Great place to stay in the heart of Guilin!”
Review of Riverside Hostel

and 1 more site!
Riverside Hostel
Ranked #12 of 644 Hotels in Guilin
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Lovely little hostel that feels more like a hotel. We had a big, clean and cosy room with a comfy bed and a spacious bathroom for a great price. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, and go out of their way to make sure you have a great trip. The location is super convenient as well, and makes exploring downtown Guilin easy; there are also plenty of wonderful restaurants, stores and other businesses within a few minutes walk. Though the hostel is just off a busy main street, it's set back a little ways, so it's quiet and peaceful. If you have a chance, chat with Mike, the friendly owner. He's a great guy and happy to answer your questions about the city, China and anything else. He's also a talented cook, so if you would like some delicious homemade Chinese food, order something from the menu and he'll make it for you himself. If you're really lucky, he might even give you some rice wine.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riverside Hostel

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Riverside Hostel is just next to a very beautiful scenery of a small river and nice brigdes. At night it make a really realxing atmospehere and also the people and staff there makes you feel home. It is also located quite central in Guilin, so it is perfect for walking trip thourgh Guilin or other trips to the sourroundings. The Hostel also offers nice breakfast and food. I really enjoyed my 4 days there! Thanks Micheal ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spent 2 night at Guilin Riverside Hostel. I was very happy. I did not spend much time in the room. The front desk organized all of my activities. Angie was the hostess, and she was GREAT! She booked the Li River Cruise which is a must. When I asked about Impressions show, she recommended that I watch it on the same day as the cruise because that night show is close to where the Li River cruise ends.

Beautiful cruise and scenery, (terrible food but so what!), and I recommend that you pay the extra $100 to have Presidential VIP seats at Impressions show, and a private car that waits for you at the show and brings you back to the hostel.

Angie also organized my roundtrip airport transfers at reasonable prices. Thanks Angie! You made the difference for me, and it was terrific!

Room Tip: Ask the hotel staff to organize your excursions. Notably pay the extra money for Presidential VIP ti...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at the Riverside Hostel for only one night as we were transiting through Guilin. We arrived in the evening and were greeted warmly by the owners who were able to provide us with dinner on the terrace overlooking the river. After eating we had time to walk along the river and then back on the other side. Unfortunately this was just about all we saw of Guilin apart from the walk to the nearby bus station the next day. We had an en suite twin room on the third floor which was comfortable and the bathroom and shower were modern and clean. Breakfast was good with a decent selection of options. Overall, the Riverside Hostel was very good value in a great location for the bus station and city center, we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Hi I am from Australia Adelaide I have travelled thru india,USA egypt,The staff at the riverside hotel were the most helpful especially girl called Angie
Every one spoke excellent english and went out of their way to help us . In directions, giving us the names of different dishes to try at the forest gump resturant which they wrote down in chineese, nothing was too much trouble。I travel to see the sights not the inside of a hotel room。The room was basic but very clean, hot water and clean sheets and a warm room great air con。what more could you want。 Don't make the mistake booking tours at the airport the guides are rude and unhelpful Jerry。 Book through the hostel Emily our guide was great

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

At first glance the room looked great: a decent size room with en-suite and a couch for relaxing. However, the bed was no more than a hard mattress on a hard floor. Forgive me for not being won over by any attempt to be "authentic" but after a restless night trying to get comfortable I cannot see the charm! Our room was also directly above the very popular pool table and this place doesn't appear to have any soundproofing.

Do not choose if you want a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If offered room 203 (building 5), politely refuse it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AKB74
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while transiting through Guilin. We got in very late during a downpour and were pleasantly surprised once we walked into this lovely hostel! Our room was basic and clean, with a hot shower and towels provided. The common area is warm and cozy. The breakfast looked delicious but we had to leave too early in the morning to try it. Staff were helpful and friendly. This is walking distance to the bus station.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple