ok, first the bad:
- bathroom in my four person all girl dorm room smelled
- i am a chinese american girl... the main front desker with short hair who speaks english very well seemed disinterested in helping me with anything, but very helpful with the male clientele. i sat in the lobby for a while and sorta watched...
- no wifi availability in the rooms
- far from the city center, you need to take a bus to get to most attractions
- had a single room one night that was pretty decent and quiet
- dumpling party was good and FREE. they even brought out this weird tofu we got to try. i didn't like it, but still it was a nice thing to have. great incentive to stay!
- great mall and supermarket just across the street
- great common areas, very cozy
- there's a nice older gentleman who plays an old chinese musical instrument in the lobby or courtyard frequently
- most of the staff was pretty helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A popular hostel in Guilin frequented by many foreign guests. Wada satisfies the needs of the budget-minded travellers who have a thirst for the mysterious lands of the world by offering the lowest rates, the best tours, and the most fun. The weekly Tuesday dumpling making party and Friday night All-You-Can-Eat BBQs always delights the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Wada Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.