“Relaxing place!”
Review of Xiangbishan Park

Xiangbishan Park
Ranked #19 of 154 things to do in Guilin
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

It is a place to walk a little with your family and take nice pictures...the elephant cave is a nice shot and interesting rock formation. At the very top of the mountain our tourist guide told us there was a monastery with a one door opening atop of eveything...interesting. We saw people in boats on the lake but we didn't go because of the time but it seems kind of fun.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

While the park is known for it's "Elephant Trunk" cave feature, I found that to be just one small part of a much larger, nicer forested area in otherwise-grey downtown Guilin. I spent hours wandering the paths around the central karst before finally reaching the "trunk"/cave part, which - in tourist off-season, at least - you can climb around in and enjoy the view. Across the dam, one encounters the vendors and crappy tourist-thing hawkers, and many more tourist-oriented attractions appear to be in the works. Ignore all that. That's not why you paid 70 RMB. The real fun is climbing around the hill and the caves!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Guide told us the elephant trunk hill is the image of Guilin City. As I saw it, I was so agree. The hill is a so typical karst hill that represent the character of Gulin landscape. The elephant shape hill stands by the Li River, which is also the most famous river in Guilin, how amaing the scene is!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Elephant Hill was a nice park, definitely well maintained and touristy. While I enjoyed my visit there, it was no where near worth the 70RMB fee...could see myself paying max 40RMB for similar park anywhere else in China. Oh well, still had a good time. Not a must see, but if you have a few extra hours, why not stop by?

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Over expensive. 80 RMB to get in, with very little to see or do. Finished in twenty minutes. Disappointed to say the least.

1  Thank MissRin