“Good Food, Comfortable Atmosphere”
Review of Steam Coffee

Steam Coffee
Ranked #107 of 311 Restaurants in Guilin
Description: Overlooking Riverfront north of Sheraton Hotel
Description: Overlooking Riverfront north of Sheraton Hotel
Guilin, China
“Good Food, Comfortable Atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Steam Coffee (爱上咖啡 Ài shàng kāfēi) is right along the river, just north of City Center, and just south of the Liberation Bridge.

There are a bunch of cafes to choose from here along the river, but this is one of the best I've tried so far. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing, the food was good and the Coconut Mango Smoothie was delicious!

I had the tuna salad sandwich and cream of mushroom soup; both were very good (especially for Western food in China). My wife had a fruit salad and Thai Chicken salad. Both were delicious as well. The Thai Chicken Salad is more like a fruit salad than a chicken salad, but still very tasty.

We will be heading back soon!

• Visited July 2014

Guilin, China
“Nice cool cafe right near the river”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After walking around in the heat all day, we were very pleased to duck into this nice, comfortable, air conditioned cafe. The couches were soft and inviting. The service was okay, but the waitress forgot my husbands drink order (blueberry smoothie) and he had to go up and remind them. The ice cream (mango and green tea flavors) I ordered was great!

Visited June 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Nice cafe along the Li River”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My sister and me had lunch there after a morning walk in the Elephant Trunk Hill. The cafe is award with "Lonely Planet recommended". It is spacious and nicely decorated with paintings on wall, bookshelf and lamps. Cushions are placed on the sofa, making the dining environment more comfortable.

We've ordered a bacon pasta with musroom cream sauce, tuna sandwich, apple juice and bluberry milkshake. Tuna sandwich is well baked with potato chips put aside. Both drinks also tasted good.

When the pasta came, we couldn't find any bacon inside. As it tasted good anyway without the bacon, we did not voice out. After a few minutes, a staff came to us and apologized that the chef forgot to put in bacon and he offered to change another one for us. Such offer by the staff really impressed me as I think generally if customers did not voice out, the restaurant would not voluntarily offer to change another dish for you.

We spent ard 1.5 hours enjoying the meal there. There are chess and board games available and can spend more time there if not in hurry.

The cafe opened at 11am. It would be better if it can open a bit earlier for breakfast.

• Visited December 2012