“Unexpected Upgrade”

Sheraton Guilin Hotel
Ranked #8 of 652 Hotels in Guilin
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We received an unexpected upgrade to the club floor. Didn't have a chance to enjoy any amenities though.

Only stayed one night and didn't get in until 10 pm and left at 9 am so we weren't here long.

Staff was great and spoke good English.

The breakfast was good, but quite busy. Not enough seating for the morning rush.

Outdoor pool looked inviting, but we were just too tired to use it.

The location was good from what we heard. Didn't have time to explore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonGuilinHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Guilin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Guilin Hotel and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read your reviews and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you will have the chance to experience our pool, on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel shows its age and it does not make any attempt to hide it. I was staying here with my wife and two kids (8 and 9 year old). At the check in, the receptionist questioned me uncomfortably about having 4 people staying in the room. I do not if it was not allowed or otherwise unacceptable because the receptionist did not elaborate. In any event, we got an average room even though I was told it was upgraded room for my SGP Gold status. The room was small and for some unknown reason, they put the two bed right next to each other. Essentially, it was a one giant bed. It was awkward and uncomfortable for us to sleep. I was glad we only stayed for one night and next morning we checked out for Li River cruise.

Room Tip: It is in a resort area where a lot of hotels are concentrated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Harry J,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I would be grateful if you could send me more details at silvio.autuori@sheraton.com.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

we had a room at 2nd Tower. There are 4 rooms (in the same floor only about 7 rooms in total at that area) looked like waiting for maintenance and the door was unlocked. Corridor was leaking when raining. Lift was not in used. Felt like stayed at the abandon area. I spoked to front desk asked for change room. The lady told she had already do some upgrading for me. she said I paid with the cheaper room rate, that is what I get. I thought with Sheraton's name, they should keep the hotel always in good quality. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonGuilinHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Guilin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your valuable comments.
We appreciate your kind compliments on our location and room.
We have noted your comments about the corridor and elevators and we are happy to report that we have solved the issues. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We look forward to your return trip to Sheraton Guilin soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

So, this is my second visit to this hotel over a 20 year span. It was great 20 years ago, but more quaint now. It feels like a bit of old china and the furnishings reflect that. With Old dark wood, the rooms seem gloomy without the light especially those facing in.

The best thing about this hotel is that the location is walking distance to most everything downtown.

The elevator stopped on us and gave us a bit of a scare.

Service is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j_otter_1111

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your review.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and service, however it’s a pity that you don’t like our decor.
Here, I’m pleased to inform you that we do have in plan a series of renovations which will begin by the end of the year.
We look forward to welcoming you back and show our improvements.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The lobby bar has a "no-smoking" section which is nice given the rate of smoking of China.

It's a quick and easy walk to the promenade along the river and to view the Sun and Moon Pagodas at night.

A standard hotel providing what you'd expect from Sheraton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jwaite212
SheratonGuilinHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Guilin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our room and location.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

As a Starwood platinum member I was shocked by the poor service at this hotel I normally check into the club floor and was directed to the7th floor to check in and at 1 pm there was no staff on duty At check in downstairs I was upgraded to a suite which was little better than a normal room The overall condition of the hotel is appalling and the room smelt of mould I cancelled my booking and moved to the Shangri La 10 mins away which is a class apart and for a normal room the same price

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank steve_jc48
SheratonGuilinHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Guilin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Mr. Steve,
Thank you for your comments.
It is definitely disappointing to see our most loyal guests, such as our Platinum members, to walk away from our hotel.
As mentioned in our lobby informational signage, our lounge its momentarily closed until 2:30pm due to some water proofing work, we are conducting, to solve a leakage issue that its effecting some of the rooms.
By the 12th of July all work will be completed and the effected rooms will be water proofed.
I regret that we didn’t had the chance to give you a suite locate in a side of the hotel where we do not have any issue at all.
My apologies for that.
I thank you for your very helpful comments.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I were booked into this hotel by our tour company. We found it to be very comfortable and in a good location. We especially enjoyed walking along the promenade along the river in the evening.

The breakfast buffet is more than adequate with a large variety of eastern and western food.

We enjoyed dinner twice at the restaurant on the 7th floor. It was very quiet compared to the lobby area. The was a large, noisy wedding in progress in the lobby one night during our stay.

There is shopping and local restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AhabofLA
SheratonGuilinHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Guilin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.