“Wendy Wei is the best!”
Review of Wendy Wei Tours

Wendy Wei Tours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Wendy Wei Tours is a private and fully licensed tour operator based in Guilin. With unique tour experiences around Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng and the surrounding areas, visitors can experience Southern China at their own speed. We strictly DON'T partake in any forced shopping tours and take pride and enjoyment in creating high quality tour experiences for you. Explore Guilin with Wendy Wei Tours!
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wendy Wei is the best!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

From the second we met her at the Guilin airport until the moment that she dropped us off, Wendy was superb in all respects. She is professional, friendly, knowledgeable, fun, warm, sweet and every other positive adjective that you can think of for a guide.
She is one of those very special people that you want to hug and see them succeed. She did a great job developing an itinerary that met our needs, was very reasonably priced, and was exceptional in executing a great three day tour for my wife and me.
We have hired guides in Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and Africa, and she is among the best. I would highly recommend her for your trip to Guilin and anywhere else that she offers her services. If we could adopt Wendy, we would!
Phil M
Dallas, Texas

1 Thank Phil M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yangshuo / Guilin / longji Rice terraces and Sanjiang tour”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Wendy was a wonderful tour guide. She helped set up my ideal itinerary by responding rapidly to my multiple emails. Then when the tour started she proceeded to exceed my expectations on a constant basis and to my amazement quickly became the best tour guide I have ever met in 20+ years of travelling. Wendy speaks 5 languages and can quickly fit into any situation. But she also gets you close to the people in the communities you visit and the tours are all the more personal as a result. I highly recommend Wendy as a guide and don't know how anyone could exceed her performance.

1 Thank StirkJ
Melaka, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful holiday indeed for four oldies...”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just came back from a most wonderful holiday in Guilin/ Yangshuo.. Before the trip we were quite anxious as we knew that touring in Guilin could be quite tiring for people our age.. But we were proved wrong.. . Wendy arranged our itinerary taking into consideration our age and interest but due to prior commitment she couldn't be our guide... So her partner , Eric took over.... And I must commend Eric for a job well-done. He was very sensitive to our needs.... He carried our thick jackets and drinks while we were climbing up the hill.. And thankfully the four of us made up to the top of Xianggong Hill laughing as we shared jokes and half the time poking fun at him..he had a great sense of humor. I must remember to praise our driver Ah Too who was really skillful and careful in executing all the sharp corners up and down the highlands
Another plus point is the stay at the two hotels that Wendy put us up ...the Guilinyi Royal Palace in Guilin and the Moondance hotel in Yangshuo..exquisite , serene and so very relaxing..
And I almost forgot..Wendy made time for us on the first night we were there..she treated us to a very sumptuous dinner(she needn't have done that as we were with Eric and she had her own clients to entertain)
At the end of the trip we have become good friends
Thanks once again, Wendy and Eric..for making our holiday just perfect in Guilin and Yangshuo

2 Thank Joonhuang50
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic trip to Guilin/Yangshuo for 8 of us, thanks to Wendy!!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Wendy gave us one of our best trips while living here in China. We went with two families and emailed ahead of time with Wendy about the specifics of our trip to Guilin and Yangshuo. She provided fantastic, detailed information about what we could do, gave us her opinion about what we might like and why, and she was right every time. We all loved the time we spent with Wendy. She is so informative and easy-going and eager to make everyone comfortable and happy. It was a holiday weekend and we were concerned about dealing with the crowds in the area, but she helped us avoid that as much as possible. She really takes care of you and wants you to get the most out of your trip. She even helped us plan ahead for our last day without her, sending me to a wonderful restaurant and writing notes in English for items I could order in Chinese. I hope we have a tour guide as thorough, patient and friendly as Wendy is on the rest of our travels here in China. The kids agree too! Thanks, Wendy!!!

1 Thank GHaimes
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent & informative guide with lovely & pleasant disposition”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wendy took 4 adults and 4 kids on a 3 day tour in the Guilin area. We corresponded several times before arriving and had all of the tour information set. From the moment she picked us up at the airport, we knew we were in good hands. She was lovely with our children and had the van stocked with snacks and water (it was hot!). We asked to stop for lunch and Wendy took us to a local place for Guilin noodles - the meal was one of our favorites! Wendy kept us on track and answered all of our questions. We loved how she took special care of our kids - checking if they were happy and comfortable. The bamboo rafts were so much fun and the rice terraces were unforgettable. We learned so much from Wendy about the people and history of Longli. Our trip would not have been the same without Wendy guiding us through this beautiful area of China.

Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Kirsten M,

Thank you very much for your feedback (as well as the referrals, which are greatly appreciated).

It was a pleasure to arrange and guide both of your families during your visit over the May-Day holiday earlier this year and I'm really pleased to read that you all enjoyed yourselves -as I did guiding! I hope your family and well and I wish you all the very best for the remainder of the year.

Thanks once again :)