“Picturesque New Year's Eve! ”
Review of Club Med Guilin

and 1 more site!
Club Med Guilin
Ranked #1 of 651 Hotels in Guilin
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic time staying here at Club Med Guilin. Firstly, the grounds are beautiful with various artworks all around. Our room was very clean and spacious, with a large bathroom. The were so many activities offered which we all enjoyed. Many thanks to the best GO team we've met! In particular, thanks to Lisa for taking the bike tours past the mountains and also through a little town. Was great to see the landscape and she was always pointing out features for us to take photos. Thanks to Nico for great dancing lessons and pole dancing! That was not something I was expecting but was very fun. The food here is so good- seafood nights as well as having the choice of three restaurants with different types of food. New Year's Eve was a massive party with fireworks, a great show and dancing all night long! A big thanks to Gabi for Zumba dancing, stretching, step and cardio training- she really pushed me hard but I always enjoyed the classes! Best instructor I've ever had. Club Med had a great bar team, and also a circus team who put on a great show a few times I was there. Finally, the we will rock you show was amazing to see and so entertaining. Had the best time here and can't wait to go back in the summertime.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 January 2014

we spent 5D4N in this resort which was our first experience of Club Med.. on average this resort has 150 guests but it has almost 400 staff (including around 150 GOs) so you can imagine the quality of people service is excellent.. (i know you may ask how can this resort make money with this guest/staff ratio but let's not focus on this at the moment)..

we are very impressed by its Indian bar manager (Mr Satisha) who was extremely attentive and provided top service during our stay.. i can see Mr Satisha being the Chief Village of Club Med Goa in India one day! The assistant CV (the french gentleman) also provided top class service that impressed our family a lot.. overall the GO team is very impressive and you can tell every GO is doing his/her best to make sure the guests have a good stay there.. absolutely 6 star service.. the circus team is also very impressive and the standard is surprisingly high..

if we are allowed to be critical, the layout of the resort is a bit too big.. imagine you are in a resort that has a mountain in the middle of it and its facilities circle around that mountain.. it takes 10 mins walk from accommodation building to the restaurant complex.. and then 5-10 mins walk from restaurant to the children playroom.. the variety of toys in the playroom can improve as the collection at the moment is not interesting enough.. good news is.. the playroom is quiet most of the time..

because the site is so big, it is inevitable that you will find some hardware that needs to be improved.. if you walk from the restaurant to the playroom, you will find one sewage cover broken that my child can easily put his foot into the hole.. this may be a minor issue but clearly something the resort can improve.. the room is not very big (but this may be we didn't pay enough for better room).. also the room does not have 13V adapter (for HK/UK).. we asked for it but we were told they had no 13V adapter available.. we got the adapter in the end but i think the hotel should have enough stock to start with..

the departure service is truely impressive with 8-10 GOs coming out to say goodbye.. overall, the software of this resort is way ahead of the hardware.. i guess it needs more visitors to generate enough profit for the hardware upgrade.. at that time i would advise to start buy more toys for the playroom first.. maybe make a children movie theatre..

2  Thank victorlee_hk
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 5D4N during Xmas and this is my 2nd time at Club Med Guilin. Great place for chill out and I felt so relaxing staying over there! Very clean and tidy room with nice and neat beddings. Clean shower and washroom.

Although I went alone but felt like I was visiting friends rather than on my holiday, lol, all the GOs there were so welcoming from the beginning when I stepped into the reception, some of them already recognized my face!

Had a great Xmas party and a fantastic show! Everything was perfect! They even had fireworks for Xmas which was a surprise to me.

Special thanks to many GOs there:
Adi - the best bartender and he remembers your favorite drinks and you'll get it before you even place your order!
Satisha - always serve with a lovely warm and nice smile on his face and we had a great chat at dinner
Fenny - thank you for everything and all the warmest welcoming
Jade - great to chat with a GO who is also from the same culture as I do and thanks for the accompany during my stay
Chris - thanks for the golf teaching as I was a beginner in golf, but managed to hit the ball in the correct direction! Thanks so much for the patience and coaching!
Victor - good talk and good to know many of the Korean culture
Mark Love - thanks for the archery teaching and I really enjoyed it
Bella - it was a shame that we could only met on the last day of my trip but it was good to talk about our cats LOL
Also many other GOs for being so welcoming and made me feel like at home! And always for the great performance at the shows!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Flo C
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Where to begin? Spa, bar, activities, service - all were excellent and above expectation. We arrived late at night and ate at the noodle bar (open until 11pm) then crashed in the most wonderful room. This was nothing compared to the view over the park and out to the Karst mountains that we woke to in the morning. Things were looking good, and just got better. Not one to sit on my butt I headed off on an early (9am - we were on holiday) cycle - excellent guide and well-maintained gear. Afternoon drinks introduced us to the bar team (Adi, Fei Fei, Angus and Satisha) - Adi is king and we thoroughly enjoyed his company during our stay. He went to the trouble of learning our favorite drinks and would have one ready faster than you could say 'yes please'. Adi also contacted the bar team at Club Med Yabuli (we went there after Guilin) and they greeted us by name and preferred drink - now that is individualized service that you don't often find :D Other GOs of note - Jono and his sports team (Victor, Chris, John, Mark, Kirin, Nikko) were all fantastic hosts and great fun to be with. My golf is still crap Chris! The food team (Howie and Nicholas in particular) pampered us with attention and made sure that the wine glasses were always full and that we were well fed. Robert, what a voice, was our favourite entertainer. Miss Guilin was pretty hot too! Last but by no means least was the chef de village - Karim. What a team and tight ship he runs. Thanks for the kind word made before our arrival in Yabuli ;) To the wonderful spa team - thanks for massaging our tired bodies in a wonderful setting. Great value for money. We will think back fondly of our time in Guilin and hope to bump into many of you on our next Club Med holiday!

Room Tip: You want to face the park :)
2  Thank Doug D
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family including 2 children at 7 years old and an elderly at 75 years old spent a very wonderful and meaningful Christmas for the period 23 to 27 Dec 2013. The chief of the village led GOs created the surprises one by one to us. Can you imagine there was firework after a Broadway Show? Yes, it was amazed that Club Med Guilin prepared for us!! Rooms are comfortable, food are delicious and one of the most appreciated is the "Art work with the Nature" which is the most attractive stay that we haven't been. Children played happily and excitedly everyday while Grandma enjoyed the message! We also enjoyed the family bonding activities which you seldom have in your ordinary travel. Thank you so much for the heartfelt arrangement and special care to create the happiness and surprises which are totally out of our expectation. Million thanks!!

Room Tip: If you want a better view, try the mountain view! You will have the unforgetable stay!
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Club Med is located in a beautiful park, full of art pieces. Just walking around is already making you feel being in particular place.
Special mention to the GO who made the extra mile for us to enjoy our week in Club Med Guilin:
- Jono, sports manager, brings lots of energy and happiness
- Lisa, sports team, full of energy, always smiling, brings you to nice surroundings by mountain bike
- Satisha and Adi, bar, for their smile and good service
- Khomkhamn, kitchen, for the stunning pastry and the passion she shows about her food

If you have the chance to go to Club Med Guilin, here are the 2 must-do :
- Visit the Spa with its stunning rooms where you can enjoy hot bath, hammam and sauna, before/after your treatment. Ask for the therapist male, definitely the one professional therapist in there.
- Go for Shangri la local town, Yangshuo and Impression show. Club Med organize it for you, takes you only one afternoon and evening.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed at Guilin club med with my family from 9/12/13 to 12/12/13. This was my most memorable and excellent holiday ever. The overall resort is clean and the landscape is beautiful. The GOs are all so excellently warm and hospitable. They made every effort to ensure we have a wonderful time. I joined the mini club med and all the program planned by the GOs were so excellent. I enjoyed all the games and activities especially the flying trapeze, cycling with Jade and the night parties with Tina as my dancing partner.
My mum and aunt also had their fun time, indulging in dance and rumba conducted by Debbie.
Went to spa and wine tasting school just to name a few. Their only complaint, so many program not enough time.
We like to thank all the GOs especially Tina, Jade, Misaki, Victor, Adi, and GOs from mini club.
Till now I still missed club med.
I wish to visit Guilin club med again.

1  Thank andrechiang