“Most Beautiful Resort~~” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 605 Hotels in Guilin
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Most Beautiful Resort~~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Got a few days off during my business trip to China, so I chose to stay in club med, relaxing and safe. Surely, I don’t have to plan the trip cos everything is included, food, activities, spa, shows, bar, and friendly GOs.
The landscape in the resort is so beautiful. No need a professional photographer, you can get lots amazing pictures here. Sadly, it’s raining during my stay. So, I spent most of my time playing golf. Here offers private golf lesson, which is kinda good for me, a beginner. My instructor, Dylan, is really funny, nice, and of course a good coach too. Truly, I had a great time at golf. Spa here is also good, except for the price. I had a 90 minute body treatment, clean and relaxing. This time, I travelled alone. thanks to those GOs having lunchs and dinners, chatting, drinking, and dancing with me, especially to lovely Anna, Renate, David. However only one con here, I got lots of mosquito stings, super itchy, maybe it's because of the rainy days. It's been three weeks already, I still have sting scars on my legs.
To summarize, Club Med Quilin, beautiful place to go~~~ just don't forget your insect repellent~~

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I visited Club Med Guilin in early July. It was my husband's first Club Med experience and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He had a ball with the Dancing With The Stars and very much enjoyed the nightly shows. Great job Steph! The food again, as expected, was fabulous! The GOs and GEs all very friendly and accommodating. Jono, Mark, Cam, Nico, Riaan and Claudine were always friendly. Lucas was lovely, making sure that he had time to take photos for us. The Tour GOs, Carol, Maxim and Kirin, were very helpful and keen to please. We did the sidecar trip which was just brilliant and easily one of the best activities that we have ever done - an absolute highlight! Charline was always a warm and smiling face and most helpful when needed.
A great holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edjufi
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had such an amazing time at club med Guilin, very much lived up to my expectations. The G.O team are all amazing, loved spending time with, Claudine, Rian, Cami, Renate, Chanel, William, Steph and Fanta. All such wonderful people and many more!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AinslieClare
Hong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I had a few days here in June with my husband. We had an excellent time. Our room was very comfortable but the bathroom needed hooks for towels. The grounds are like a big park and very nice to walk in, especially on sunny day.
The food was excellent and Safi very friendly.
I very enjoyed Zumba and Step class done by Gabi - I was very hot. Jono is very friendly and joking a lot.
Kirin helped us a lot to do sidecar trip. She was very friendly. The sidecar trip was very fun! Felix was great!
Thank you.

Stayed June 2014
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had an amazing time at this club med. Have been to 3 before and was equally impressed by Guilin as all the other club meds.
The G.O team is amazing. Had the best week having lunch and dinner almost every day with Claudine and Rian. The pool is never boring if William is the lifeguard on duty. The bar staff are amazing with Chanel and Renate always making fantastic drinks.
Overall a fantastic destination. Well worth the flights and travel time on the bumpy roads.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MorganPedersen
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The scenery and the artwork throughout the resort was beautiful. We enjoyed the mountain biking with Riaan and we had a great time with the flying trapeze school. Unfortunately my husband fell ill with nausea and vomiting in the resort and had to stay in bed for 2 days. Nicholas, the manager of the dining room, that always gave us personal attention, assisted with sending beverages to our room. Very few admin, cleaning or dining room staff actually speak English and we found communicating rather difficult. For example ordering a wine glass and receiving a glass of water. Our holiday was saved by the GO's with their energetic friendliness. Thank you Claudine, Riaan, Jono, Nicholas, Alit and Max. We knew there was a village chief, because his name was on an information letter we recieved but we never had any interaction with him. Compared to previous Club Med experience where the Village Chief was on first name basis with us, this seemed neglected. This new addition to Club Med will have to step up a notch or two to get to Club Med standards.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MIDixie
Roodepoort, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We visited Club Med Guilin as part of a group of South Africans. From the time of arrival the GO's and all other staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Although some of our group members picked up a stomach bug we still enjoyed the various activities and had fun. Club Med went out of their way to assist with the hospitalisation of one of our group members. They made one of the GO's available to stay with the couple at the hospital to for the two days the person was in hospital. Unfortunately some of the excursions were cancelled due to rain but my husband and myself were fortunate to do the Side Car excursion. A must do, the trip into rural areas and mountains by a component and friendly guide made this the high light of our stay. A big thank you to Johno, Riaan, Claudine, all other GO's and staff who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linette2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilin
Guilinyi Royal Palace
#10 of 605 in Guilin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews
Banyan Tree Yangshuo
#7 of 434 in Yangshuo County

Been to Club Med Guilin? Share your experiences!