“A meal for 16!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A meal for 16!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I write this review about 4 weeks after I ate at this restaurant. I was one of a party of 16. Our tour leader oredered a mixed banquet for us. The food was absolutely delicious. It was the outstanding that I had in China in a tour that covered 5 cities and 14 evening meals. The food was of a very high standard but the vegetable and fish dishes were the highlight.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
“good place to watch the world go by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This restaurant is located about the street and you can sit on the verandah to eat. You can watch the comings and goings on the street while you wait.

Our guide ,Cherry, took us to this place and assisted in selecting some of the local food.

Food was tasty and well presented

Visited May 2013
Guilin, China
“A Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have walked past this 2nd floor restaurant for several years and never ate there. We were invited out for supper and ended up here. I was very surprised how large and private it was. Many private dining rooms and several medium size dining areas. Very nice atmosphere. The entire place was very clean and well decorated.

Our waitress spoke excellent English and was most helpful in making suggestions. She was very attentive during our entire stay.

Because I am American my friends insisted that we have several types of pizza. I have had both good and bad pizza in Guilin. I am pleased to say theirs was one of the best. They used mozzarella cheese and a good pizza dough, which was thin and cooked just right.

The rose flower tea was a pleasant and tasty surprise. The flavor was unique and excellent.

I plan to return here for a several course supper of both western and Chinese selections. I have a strange feeling it will be excellent.

When you take an enjoyable stroll down Walking Street, stop at the Left Bank and enjoy a good meal at a decent price.

• Visited April 2013
Nanning
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

The waitresses helped me connect with wifi, but the one who waited on me seemed a little disconnected. But my major complaint was with the food. I ordered lasagna, but when it arrived it was a very small portion. It tasted ok, but for the US equivalent of $4 (28 rmb) it should have been much larger. I have eaten at a Left Bank restauraunt in Yizhou that was quite good-food, service, everything. But after eating at the restaurant in Guilin i had to stop and get some noodles as I was still hungry.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hikeon57
London, United Kingdom
“Nice waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

We went to this restaurant twice because the food was good and the waitress spoke reasonable English and was very helpful.The rest of the staff who attended to us were attentive but didn't speak English, it seemed. Location was good too.

• Visited September 2012